Silly Love Songs 2x12

The week goes by painfully slow, Finn hasn't tried to text, call or even drop by the house since I kissed him the other day.

Finally, a new week starts, it's Monday morning and I wonder if he even likes me anymore after that.

I walk into the choir room at about 7 am, 30 minutes before everyone else will fill in the now, empty classroom.

I loved getting to school this early last year, I could have some time to sing to myself without anyone being around.

It's Valentines Day this week so I'm sure Mr. Schuester would have an assignment for us to do, something about love songs.

I sit at the piano and just let my fingers play the keys.

Soon, I find myself singing one of my favorite songs of all time, Moon River from one of my favorite movies, Breakfast At Tiffany's.

I hear the door nob jiggle and I jump up from the piano.

"Oh, hey Jessie" Mr. Schuester smiles as he walks in with his satchel and morning coffee in hand.

"Hi" I blush

"I heard you down the hall, I didn't wanna disrupt you" He says "You did amazing on Moon River, and I always forget you play piano" He sits down on the piano bench as I stand over the grand.

"Yea, it's a weird hidden talent" I laugh.

"So, I'll give you a sneak peak for this week, it's gonna be Valentine's Day on Friday so we're having love songs this week" He writes it on the whiteboard.

"Oh great" I say.

"What?" He laughs, then notices my facial expression that I'm not kidding for once. "Listen, Jess, I know you don't have a dad anymore and stuff but if you need anything, anyone to talk to or anyone at all. You have me" Mr. Schue puts his hand on my shoulder.

"I know, thank you." I smile up at him. I realize that it's 7:25 and everyone will be filing in the choir room any second now, so I need to pull myself together.

I go over and sit in one of the red chairs over on the risers and put my backpack down.

I pull out my phone and no notifications from Finn.

The bell rings and Quinn and Sam sit down next to me as everyone else comes in.

I feel Finn's eyes glued to me but I don't look at him.

"So, this week, LOVE SONGS" Mr. Schuester says as he points at the whiteboard.

"Mr. Schue? If I may, I'd like to sing a song dedicated to Lauren" Puck stands up and starts serenading Lauren with Fat Bottomed Girls.

"That was so rude" I say.

"Yea, I never got sung a love song before but this really made me feel horrible" She got up and walked out.

"I have something for Mike" Tina says. She sings My Funny Valentine and ends up sobbing on the ground, with Mike having to come down and help her back to her seat.

"Well, I think that's enough for today" Mr. Schue says. "Your assignment for the week is to come up with a love song to sing this week"

"No, Mr. Schuester, I have a song I'd like to sing" I raise my hand and he waves me up to the front of the classroom. "Quinn? Mercedes?" I wave them to come up.

I choreographed a dance to Baby Love by the Supremes and they sang and danced backup for me.

I try not to make eyecontact with Finn, but after all I am kinda singing to him.