Duets 2x04

Since Sam is out of football, he decided to join Glee Club so we could be together and he'd have something to do. Honestly, coming back to Glee was supposed to kinda start the whole breakup process but I'm not sure if I can do that. Plus I know that Quinn is into him so I don't think I can keep him from someone who actually is attracted to him.

I take my usual seat in the choir room as Mr. Schue writes on the white board.

"DUETS!" He exclaims turning around to the class, "And I know you guys liked our Defying Gravity Diva Off, so I thought I could make this a competition as well, the winner of our duet competition will have a dinner for two, on me, at Breadstix!" 

"I need to win, I just need to win" Santana says and I laugh.

Sam puts his hand on my thigh as to say, 'we're partners'

"So, what song do you wanna do?" I ask Sam on the way out of the room. "Wanna stay in here and rehearse?" I ask.

"I was thinking I could play guitar and since I know you don't know how to play, I could put your fingers on the chords (HA HIS NAMES CHORD GET IT AHAH) and you could maybe sway with me." He looks back at me since I'm standing behind him. Maybe I am still into him. 

"Wanna hang out after school? My place?" He asks reading my mind.

"Yes," I blurt, "I mean, yea sounds cool" I play it off and he laughs at me.

"So wanna do Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat?" I nod in agreement with my blonde boyfriend. "Cool, hey do you need a ride home after school?"

"Yea, actually, I was thinking that you could take me home after we hang out. If that's okay"

"Absolutely, I gotta go. I'll see you at my car later." He kisses my head and walks out of the choir room.

"So, having fun with the former quarterback?" A tall brunette boy walks in on cue.

"Are you spying on me?" I ask Finn.

"No, just in the right place at the right time." He shrugs.

"What do you want?" I laugh nervously.

"Listen I know that me and Rachel are the best shot to win us Nationals but, in order for Sam to stay around, I think you guys need to beat us." Finn says. "So, me and Rachel have decided to throw the competition so you two can win."

"Oh? Thanks, I think?" I look up at the giant with confusion.

"Don't worry about it." Finn walks over to the piano where I'm sitting.

"I think I should get going now," I get up and walk past Finn.

"wait," He grabs my arm and pulls me back towards him, "I heard you might be breaking up with Sam." He doesn't make eyecontact.

"You have a girlfriend Finn"

"I know, just I miss you a lot." He looks into my eyes.

"Well, maybe next time you won't screw our relationship up and choose the person you actually wanna be with"

I walk out. He's been so different, no longer that naive boy I fell for last year, now he's turning into Puck of some sorts.

As I leave the choir room, Rachel walks by and I hear Brad start up the piano after a few minutes.

At my locker I can hear 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' as Finn and Rachel belt it out beautifully. I think I need to start working on being nicer to people. Rachel hasn't done anything to me besides steal the guy I was in love with, oh wait, now I remember why I hate her.