Michael 3x10

I'm walking with Kurt and Blaine as some of the former Troubletones are talking about how they should've won, as they walk in front of us.

"It's only because Tickles the clown was high as a kite" Santana says and Kurt steps in.

"Come on, that was weeks ago. Get over it" He says earning the girls' attention. "And I mean, we did do Michael, who's obviously the best of the best" Kurt shrugs.

I see Mr. Schue ahead of us, walking out of his classroom and Mercedes stops him, telling the teacher that she wishes they could all do Michael Jackson since the Troubletones missed out the first time at Sectionals.

"ya know, I've been thinking about maybe doing some of his songs for Regionals." Mr. Schue says in response, he then walks away and Blaine turns to all of us.

"I know the perfect way to kick off Michael week" He says. We all break out into Wanna Be Startin' Something.

After we stop dancing around the school, I see Finn, who I got engaged to a week ago...

"Hey" I walk up to him at his locker and peck his lips.

"Hey Jess" He kisses me back.

I still haven't told anyone else about the engagement because I know how everyone's gonna react, Quinn of course will be supportive, whereas Santana is gonna tell me how stupid we are, Kurt's gonna freak out and tell Carole and Burt, Carole and Burt are gonna tell my mom, and then I'll be grounded for life.

"Earth to Jessie" Finn waves his hand in my face as I get lost in my train of thought. "We still on for dinner tonight?" He asks.

"yea, of course" I smile and hug my books close to my chest and walk away. I think to myself, how's this marriage gonna work if I'm going to be in college and Finn's gonna be playing football for one of the best college football teams in America. This makes me pivot on the back of my heel and go back to the locker.

"Oh hey again" Finn chuckles

"I need to ask you something." 

"What?" He asks nervously

"How are we gonna get married when you're going to be in Ohio playing football and I have no idea where I'll be, studying to become a teacher." I say, looking down at my feet.

"Listen, no matter where we are, I'll always be with you-"

"But aren't married people supposed to live together? Start their life together?" I question.

"Yea, but what if you go to Ohio State too?" Finn looks at me longingly.

"But you'll have your football and I'll be doing who knows what. I'm just scared that my dreams are gonna have to be given up for yours. I just have no idea right now. All I know is that I love you and I want to marry you, but if we're going to be apart and too busy for each other... is it worth it?" I ask and Finn can't make eye contact with me.

"I- I just want you to know how much I love you, and I love you more than football. You come first, then football, but this might be my career- playing football." He puts his hands on my shoulder. "If I play football all throughout college and get drafted, you wouldn't even have to work! We'd be set for life." Finn tries to make me feel better.

"But-"

"I know that maybe we shouldn't get married until after college but we'll be engaged all throughout it. We can do this together. It's up to you when you want to get married. Honestly, I would do it right here right now if I could, but I don't want you to get pressured into marrying me and then resenting me for it."