Mattress 1x12

"Alright" mr schuester claps his hands together. "It's picture time"

"Wait hold up" Mercedes interrupts.

"Yea are we all gonna be in this?" Finn asks

"Yup" mr schue answers bluntly.

"Well I for one think that-" Rachel starts but gets cut off. I can barely listen to anything because I couldn't care less. All I know about thunderclaps is that Cheerios have to deface them. I'm not sure if I should though.

The bell interrupts my thoughts and soon I feel and arm hook through mine.

"So" Rachel's voice startled me "since we are the best singers and there's only room for 2 captains. I think you should join me." Rachel smiles a devilish grin.

"I'm not sure if I can commit. I'm sorry." I try to think of an excuse. "Coach she wants us all to do individual photo shoots so I won't be free" it wasn't a lie. Sue is actually making us do that. "Ask Finn. I'm sure he'd do it" I feel bad for betraying him like that but it would be funny to watch rachel harass him.

"Okay thanks Jessie!" Rachel skipped of into oblivion.

"About two hours later I get a text from Finn"

Finn: very funny jess.

Me: oh come on. Take one for the team :)

I see Finn staring down at his phone. "Aye aye captain" I salute him. "Need help practicing your smile?"

"Actually yeah" he grabs my hand and takes me to the choir room.

"Hit it brad" I point to the pianist and he starts playing smile by lilly Allen.

"And now you're all set" I pat him on the shoulder.

"Wait" Finn calls after me. "You need a ride home?" I forgot schools over.

"Yea" I give in "I just need to be back for Cheerios so we can do something just not for too long"

We get out to the parking lot and I see his pickup and I climb in.

"Do you just wanna drive around? Play some music?" Finn looks straight in my eyes. My mind goes blank.

I shake my head to refresh my thoughts.

"What- What was the question?" I ask but Finn smiles and laughs.

"If you wanted to drive around and do nothing"

"Okay" I smile.

He goes to turn on the radio but I put my hand over his.

"We're gonna make our own music" I say softly. I can tell he likes the idea.

"When the rain is blowing in your face." He starts singing the bob Dylan classic 'make you feel my love'. Our voices blending perfectly.

A few songs later I check the time.

"Shit. I'm gonna be late for cheer practice." I mutter. "Sue's gonna kill me."

"Want me to take you right now?" He asks in panic.

"Naw I need a day off of being dropped from pyramids."

It was about 5pm.

"How about some breadstix yeah?" Finn asks me

"Sure."

We get to breadstix and just sit and talk some more. My phone goes off constantly so I shut it off.

We finish dinner and we get in the car to go home. I turn my phone back on and see millions of missed calls and texts pile in from Rachel.

"Finn. Rachel said you were supposed to be at pictures."