Sweet Dreams 4x16

There's a wet sensation on my right cheek. I open my eyes and see my dog, Walter, giving me a good morning kiss.

"Hi buddy" I take his face in my hands and squish the golden retriever in my hands. "Wait a minute" I look around my bedroom and see that the walls are painted bubblegum pink, with matching pink rug. The comforter I'm lying in is pink as well.

I climb out of my bed and look out my window. I see that there's a pool in my backyard, and Dad's out there mowing the lawn.

What the hell? I think to myself, wondering why I'm in my old childhood home instead of in Lima, Ohio.

I run down the stairs, my bathrobe trailing behind me as I sprint down the carpet covered stairs.

Liam's sitting down at the counter in the kitchen, eating some cereal like he used to every day before school.

"Liam?" I say, questioning if that's really him. "Why, why's dad mowing the lawn?"

"He always does that on Saturday mornings." Liam briefly looks up from his bowl of Coco Puffs and looks at me, furrowing his eyebrows as to why I'm asking something like this. "Are you alright?"

I shake my head no "I have no idea what's going on" I say, confessing how confused I am.

"Well, pull yourself together because Nick's coming over" Liam shoves another spoonful of the chocolate flavored crap in his mouth and looks at me.

"Nick? My old boyfriend Nick?"

"You guys are still dating dude" He looks back up at me and waves his hand for me to go upstairs and get ready.

I decide to just take orders from Liam. I go upstairs and get changed into a pair of skinny, low rise jeans just like the ones I used to wear. I slip on a crew neck navy and white striped sweater over my head. 

My hair has curls at the bottom, just like it used to everyday when I curled the ends every night before I went to sleep so I'd wake up with messy waves.

My makeup products are all from the drugstore, before I discovered Sephora at the mall and it's wonders.

I hear Liam call me downstairs, and I tell him I'm coming and I walk down to him.

I see Nick, wearing his Varsity jacket just like he used to back when I lived in Franklin. 

"Hi darlin'" He says with that southern accent that I grew up around.

"Hi Nick" I say, before he takes my hand.

"So, I was thinkin' if you wanted to go out to breakfast this mornin'?" 

I nod in response and stay silent.

"You okay sweetie pie?"

"yup, I'm fine" I smile, and go along with this alternate universe where Finn Hudson doesn't exist. I see my dad ride by on the John Deere and decide to put Nick off for a minute. "Sorry, just one sec" I say to my 'boyfriend' and I run outside, to catch my dad.

"DAD DAD" I scream before he stops the lawn mower and hops off.

"Hi pumpkin" He smiles and I jump into his arms and he swings me around. "What's up buttercup" He says when I land back on the ground.

"Hi daddy" I smile, giving him another hug.

"Is everything alright?" He cocks an eyebrow at my reaction to seeing him.