Furt 2x06

I get into the choir room and everyone is acting more insane than usual.

"BURT JUST GOT ENGAGED TO CAROLE!" Quinn runs up to me to pull me into the crowd of gleeful glee kids.

"Oh my gosh! Thanks so great guys!" I give Kurt a hug before I give a bear hug to Finn.

"Yea, I'm the wedding coordinator obviously" Kurt says to me making me giggle.

Finn decides to chime in as well "the glee club is singing at the wedding!" He smiles at me.

"Oh my gosh! A glee wedding!" I clap my hands. I have to say that I'm definitely a sucker for a good wedding. I mean there's food, dancing, drinks, everything that makes a good time.

"And since my mom loves you so much," Finn starts talking to me again after I zoned out, "You're going to be a bridesmaid!" 

"Really?!"

"Well, I'm the Man of Honor so you get to be up there too, just behind me" Kurt laughs out of excitement.

"Sounds so cool!" I can't help but jump from excitement.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" Sam swoops in and takes me by the hand.

"Sure, I guess?" He takes my hand and leads me to the courtyard where we first met. "As long as you're not gonna lead me out here just to murder me so no one can see and save me" I get a laugh from the shaggy blonde.

"I love you Jessica Peters"

"Woah, what?" I say with a chuckle in my throat.

Next thing I know, he gets on one knee.

"Oh my god, you're not" I put my hand over my mouth. "We're in freaking 11th grade Sam, stop embarrassing yourself." I say, adrenaline coursing through my veins.

"It's just a promise ring. I promise to love you forever, until I can get you a real ring, and we can get married and-" I cut him off.

"Sam, I can't. I'm sorry. I am just so confused, I barely even know my rights from my lefts honestly. I can't be engaged to be engaged to you." I run away from my problem, Sam. I guess this is a breakup now that I think about it.

I finally find an empty classroom. One that has model planets swinging from the ceiling. I take a minute to just look and remember how we're just specs in a moment in time. Crazy.

I hear a faint knock on the door. I stop my crying and croak a gentle "come in"

Of course, Finn walks into the dark room and immediately it lights up from his half smile.

"Are you okay?" He sits on the lab bench next to me.

I nod in response but he moves over to my bench and wraps his arm around me. It feels so natural just to lean into him. I can't help but cry into my friend's flannel. I feel Finn's warm hand wrap around the back of my head, as if he's protecting me from the rest of the world. 

I look up at him through my glossy eyes.

"What?" I give a small smile because he's staring at me.

"You're just so beautiful, Jessie." He stares at me more then almost in slow motion, he takes my chin and lifts it to reach his pink lips. Once my lips peck at his, it's like Disneyland threw up all around us. I feel like I'm infront of the magical castle and fireworks are going all around me, except the castle's mine and I'm the princess finally with my prince.

The sparks fly even after we break away. Like an explosion that happened in Chem a while ago. Just hot, powerful sparks.

"Wow." He says once we break apart.