Goodbye 3x17

Finn and I sit in the choir room along with the rest of the New Directions, looking on as Kurt, Mercedes, Tina, Rachel and Artie perform Sit Down You're Rocking The Boat. 

Mr. Schuester walks in and I can tell that this is gonna be a very, very hard week for everyone in the room.

I take Finn's hand and interlace it with mine and give it a squeeze before I lean my head on his shoulder.

The Founding Members finish their performance. "That was the most ghetto number I have ever seen." Santana smiles, sitting with Quinn, and Brittany in the corner on some desk.

"Then just call me George Jefferson, because we went from the ghetto, to the penthouse... National champs baby!" Artie says rolling around in his wheelchair with charisma that fills the room and warms everyone's hearts.

We all whoop and pump our fists in the air and then Mr. Schue makes his way to the whiteboard.

Goodbye

He scribbles in his black ink. 

"This week's assignment is easy." He puts the marker down. "Graduation is just a few days away" everyone exchanges longing looks with each other and I grab Finn's hand tighter. "There's nothing left to prepare for, our work here is done. So there's only one thing left to do. Say goodbye." He says and I notice my vision going blurry with the tears welling up in my eyes. "Underclassmen, pick some songs to say goodbye to the seniors. Seniors, pick a song to say goodbye to us" He says which makes me curl up against Finn, letting my tears roam free in his green and white striped rugby hoodie.

"Part of me wants to lock these doors and stay in here with everyone forever" Mercedes says, swinging in her spinny chair.

"With you on that!" I raise my hand up and everyone laughs as I pull my face up from Finn's sweatshirt to reveal my tear stained face.

"We can use the wastebasket for the toilet and then we can eat Joe for the food because she's been here the shortest so we know her the least." Brittany says and Santana smiles at the love of her life. 

Mr. Schue takes a seat at the piano bench, attaching his sing string guitar around him.

"I really hope you're about to rap" Quinn says to Mr. Schue, causing a few giggles. 

Mr. Schue chuckles "No such luck. I'm leading by example here. This one's, for you guys" He says and starts strumming the acoustic guitar. He performs Forever Young which just makes me cry harder, which leads to Puck picking on me some more which I don't really mind because I know soon I'll be in Connecticut and'll miss him.

I walk through the halls, soaking up the energy. As I walk, I see all my old lockers and I can picture everything that ever happened to me while I was here. I can't help but belt out I'll Always Remember You. I sing the song and I can see everything so clearly. The flashbacks look so realistic, like I could reach out and touch my younger self, standing and talking with Quinn sophomore year when she was the most popular girl in school. Next I see myself standing with Finn, his back against the lockers as we have one of the many conversations we had during sophomore year. I instantly think back to the first time he ever came over my house, and we went in the basement and I forced him to watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians. I walk past my junior year locker and think about when Finn finally asked me out and how happy I was. I see the part of the hallway he set up his kissing booth and I think fondly of when Quinn put two one dollar bills down because I was too scared to go up to the booth alone. Then when I walk past the gym I can see us at prom together last year, dancing. I make my rounds and end up in the auditorium, I see Finn down on one knee, and myself, in a stool, watching and jumping up and down saying yes. Finally, I make it to the room that started everything. Mr. Schuester's Spanish classroom when I first laid eyes on him. It was the first day of school sophomore year and he walked over to me.