Naked 4x10

After watching the news last night, there's been a court case that has to do with Dalton's use of illegal performance enhancing drugs that without Sam, we wouldn't have known about. That being said, that means that by technicality, New Directions move on to Regionals.

I text Finn when I wake up to give him the news to which he tells me that he already knows about it. 

After I get to school, I park the car and head in the building.

Figgins asks me to see him so I head to his office, purse and coat still attached to my body. 

"Ms. Peters" He says as I get through the reception desk, and past the glass door entering his office.

"What did you want to see me about?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

He doesn't say anything but points his finger to the seat right in front of him, signalling for me to sit down.

"After seeing the news last night, and seeing that your New Directions have advanced to Regionals, I wanted to talk to you about the budget for transportation, lodging if needed, and more."

"Is there any funding seeing that we won Nationals last year?" I ask full of hope.

Figgins shakes his head, answering my question. "There is none. So, if you wish to participate, you will have to provide your own funding for transportation and other cost factors" He says to me.

"Is there any way that you can help us?" I plead, knowing that there's not really any way to get money raised by the date.

"Sorry Peters, my hands are tied" 

I walk out of the office, no money for Regionals. And I walk to the choir room where I'm meeting Finn and the New Directions for our meeting this morning.

The kids file in and they're giddy to know that we're back in the competition.

"Listen, I know you guys are all excited for Regionals and getting back in the competition, but." I start to say causing an unknowing Finn to stare at me. "We have no funding whatsoever. So we need to fund-raise for the bus to go and to buy stuff to make costumes."

Tina practically falls out of her seat as her hand pops up.

"I have an amazing idea"

"Let's hear it" Finn says to the girl standing from her seat.

Tina walks to the front of the classroom where she takes a sharp inhale.

"We should have 'The Men Of McKinley'" She says, forming a rainbow with her hands as she dubs the title of her idea. Finn and I look at each other with confusion. "A calendar"

"That's an awesome idea" Sam says, jumping up due to the opportunity to show his muscles.

The bell rings and everyone files out, leaving Finn and I alone per usual.

"So, did you have fun at the dance the other day? Like old times huh?" Finn nudges me and laughs.

I smile, remembering the 'old times' which were only last year but feels like centuries.

"you're not actually on board with the whole 'Men of McKinley' idea... right?" I ask Finn who leans against the piano.

"It could be a good way to get funding." He says which makes me think for a second that it's okay.

"But it's exposing these kids to exploiting your bodies. Like that taking pictures, provocative pictures are normal and like not keeping your body personal, a special thing that is only reserved for those who love you, or are married to. Or something" I say, forgetting that Finn took my virginity junior year and I trusted him enough to gain access to my body.