Sadie Hawkins 4x09

Since the whole Marley fainting incident, we lost Sectionals, causing the glee club to hate Finn, Marley, and I.

Sam's on a mission to prove that the Warblers cheated but everyone just thinks he's crazy.

I'm in the choir room, waiting for Finn and the New Directions to file in. I'm snapped out of my thoughts once I hear the boisterous students.

Finn comes in as well and we take attendance for the class.

"Where's Tina?" Finn asks me and I shrug.

Almost as if on cue, Tina comes storming in. "McKinley High School is having their first ever Sadie Hawkins dance!" She smiles and the choir room turns into full applause.

I look at the guys in the room, their faces white as ghosts.

"What's the matter guys?" I ask

"Just, what if no one asks us" Ryder sits back in his seat, nervously.

Marley looks at Ryder but then Jake looks at her, so she shifts her eyes to her crush.

"Don't worry about that guys" Finn kinda dismisses the boys' concerns.

"well, now you know how us girls feel about dances" I say. "Well, I never had to worry for dances because I- nevermind" I realize where this is going and I don't want to bring up the past.

"Yea, I always had a date in high school too, Quinn Fabray, Rachel Berry, Jessie" Finn goes on about the girls he's dated.

"You and Quinn never went to a dance together, you guys just dated" I cross my arms and look at my ex fiance.

"Jessie and I dated for 3 years, we got engaged and then I kinda left her and then distance broke us up earlier this year" Finn says to the class.

"here we go" Artie says rolling his eyes.

"Alright, enough about that" I walk away from Finn.

The bell rings and it's Finn and I who are left in the classroom.

"Sorry I brought that up" I say to him.

"Sorry I continued it" He scratches the back of his neck.

"You do that when you're nervous. What's up?" I say.

"How'd you-?"

"Remember? We dated for 3 years, and were engaged" I smile, mocking him from earlier. "I'm thinking about chaperoning the dance, would you wanna maybe join me so I'm not alone with Figgins?" I blurt out, asking my ex that I broke up with.

"Yea, sound, um, sounds great. Maybe we could carpool if you want?" Finn asks.

I nod, "Sounds like a plan" I smile thinking about the upcoming dance.

The next day during glee club, Finn and I present this week's lesson.

"So, since Sadies is this week, we're having a lesson inspired by it" Finn says, writing ladies choice on the whiteboard. "Ladies Choice" he smiles proudly

"Girls" I clap my hands together, "If there's a guy you like, or want to ask, this is the time to do it. You can ask him through song this week" I smile at the nervous girls.

"I have a song I'd like to perform" Tina stands up. She belts out I Don't Know How To Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar.

Tina looks like she's serenading Blaine with her love song.

She finishes the song and Blaine politely declines but still embarrassing Tina in front of the whole choir room. I give Finn a look of fear which he reciprocates.

The next day, I hear through the whole New Directions grape vine that Kitty is trying to get in the way of Jarley which infuriates me.

I storm the halls trying to find Kitty but I'm unsuccessful.

A mohawk stops me in my tracks when I see a perky blonde ponytail hiding behind the body the squirrel is sitting on.

"Kitty?" I ask, walking calmly over to her. "Are you going to Sadie's tomorrow with Jake?"

"No," Puck steps in. "She's going with me." He brags.

"Um okay" I roll my eyes. "So, you're gonna leave Marley and Jake alone?" I ask and she nods along with me.

I leave the illegal couple alone and head home since the school day's over.

Instead of rummaging through my closet to find something to wear, I decide to head to Urban Outfitters where I pick up a metallic silver slip dress.

I get home, take a shower, and watch Netflix in bed until I fall asleep.

When I wake up, I get ready for the day by curling my hair at the ends to create some pretty loose waves, and I put on my makeup. A mauve lip with a bronze shimmery eye shadow look. I part my hair down the middle and put on a black choker to complete this 90's vibe look.

I put my single strap block sandal heels and by the time I grab my purse, I hear the doorbell ring.

My heels clack as I walk down the wooden stairs to the front door where Finn is waiting.

I open the door for him and he's in a suit with a bouquet of flowers, daisies to be exact.

"These are for you" He half smiles at me.

"Why am I getting deja vu?" I ask him, which makes him laugh.

I climb into Finn's now old, beat up pickup truck and just stepping into the bucket of bolts bring back some of my fondest memories.

We get to the dance and the kids are dancing all around the gym floor and the glee kids are already on stage performing.

"Are we late?" I giggle asking Finn.

"It took me a few minutes to get to your front door. A little nervous" Finn smiles.

I laugh again. It feels good to laugh with Finn like I used to. Maybe I made a mistake by breaking up with him earlier. I definitely did.

The glee girls get on stage and perform Locked Out Of Heaven which makes adrenaline pump through my veins.

"let's go dance" I smile pulling Finn to the gym floor full of kids.

"You know I can't dance." He smiles at me.

"Sucks for you" I laugh as he gives in, bowing his head and full on smiling, signaling to me that I won this battle.

After Finn and I dance, Ryder gets up on stage and sings a ballad while looking longfully at Marley as she dances with Jake.

"Would it be awkward if I ask you to slow dance with me?" Finn asks.

"Hmm, it's ladies choice so I have to ask you. And I'm not so sure if I want to" I joke with Finn. I watch his expression change. "I'm kidding, will you dance with me Finn?"

"Absolutely" He smiles as we start to slow dance along with Ryder's take on I Only Have Eyes For You. Which is a little ironic because I can feel Finn's eyes on me as I rest my head on his shoulder as we sway the night away as the two coolest chaperones in history of chaperones.