New York 2x19

After last year at Regionals, Glee club now has a tradition for every competition, we have a get together the night before. Since we have to catch a flight tomorrow morning, we decided to do one now at Mr. Schue's house and then one the night before the competition in our hotel room.

I go into the apartment's kitchen and find another box of Domino's pizza and bring it back over to the group, taking a seat on the arm chair of Finn's side of the couch.

"I just want to say that we are amazing. We have as much of a chance of winning as any other team. I couldn't be more prouder of you guys for getting all the way to Nationals this year" Mr. Schue says as the night goes on, after sharing stories about this year's club and how things have changed. "Why don't we go around saying our FAVORITE thing about this year?" He suggests.

"I'll go first," Quinn says "The highlight for me was meeting Sam, and almost being prom queen with my best friend by my side" She looks over at me giving me a wave. I blush and smile back at her.

We go in a circle, Puck says something about Lauren and how he loves her, Mike says he's glad he got to dance more, be more noticed. Tina said something about how she should've gotten a solo. Sam tells everyone how he feels so loved when everyone helped him. Kurt is finally in a relationship with Blaine whom he's very happy with.

The circle comes around to Finn, who removes is hand from around my waist. 

"Probably, finally realizing that Jessie is who I belong with. And also Britney Spears week because that was kinda fun. I had this dream, about Artie's fantasy, that me and Puck were dancing around on the football field, backup for Artie. And then I had a good time realizing that Grilled Cheesus was just a sandwich and then singing about how I lost my religion... good times"

Finn glances over at me, signalling that it's my time to speak.

"Uh. The best part of this year was probably when I came back to glee club after realizing how much I missed it. And then on Valentine's day when Finn refused to kiss me on the cheek and kissed me on the lips, then proceeded to ask me out with the rest of the glee guys in tuxedos and snapping their fingers in a coordinated dance to My Girl" I laugh as Finn pulls me into him with his hand once again around my waist.

Finn drives me home and he sleeps over at my house since we're going to the airport early tomorrow.

"you excited?" He asks me as he finishes brushing his teeth.

"Mmm" I mumble, toothbrush still in my mouth.

"God, you're so weird" Finn rolls his eyes and laughs.

I spit out my toothpaste and walk out of the bathroom after him. We go downstairs and watch Netflix on the couch as I fall asleep with Finn's arms around me, his heart beat being my lullaby.

I feel like I haven't slept in about 5 years as I wake up on the plane, window seat with Finn to my left.

"God, you sleep a lot" He whispers.

"You're just realizing that now?" I say groggily.

"We're almost there, five minutes until landing" Finn nudges me to wake up more.

"Ugh, I hate you sometimes" I laugh

"No you don't"

"You're right, I don't" I smile widely at him.

The plane lands and the whole glee club meets outside of the terminal.

"Alright" Mr. Schue says, "let's go get our bags and we'll head out!" 

We all follow our leader and I hold Finn's hand as we walk to the other side of the airport. The only carry-on I brought was a Louis Vuitton backpack that Quinn let me borrow because it's the fashion capital of the US.