Chapter Thirty-Eight

Helloooo. SOOOO this one is a bit of a dramatic chapter and it will continue and kind of overlap into Chapter 39 which will be very eventful! Please keep posting feedback, I love reading all of your comments and ideas :) Anyways, thankyou so much, hope you like <3

75 votes for chapter 39 :) xx

------------------------------------------------------

I got into a singlet and my pyjama shorts and hopped into my bed. Luke came from the bathroom seconds later, turning off the light. Even though it was completely dark, I could see Luke's outline remove his clothes so that he was only in his boxers. He climbed into bed on the opposite side. I couldn't help smile as Luke wriggled closer and pressed his warm body against mine. His arms around my waist and holding my hands while our legs intertwined. It felt so good to be back in his arms- safe and happy. Luke pushed my hair to the side to reveal my neck, planting tiny kisses up and down my jawline. "I love you." he whispered just under my ear. I turned around to face him and took his face in my hands, looking at every single one of his perfect features carefully. How did I end up with someone this amazing? I leant in and kissed him softly. "I love you too." I told him after I stopped. I could feel Luke smile as his lips crashed against mine once again, his lip ring cold against my mouth. He lightly nibbled my bottom lip as I ran my fingers through his hair. "Goodnight." I smiled against his mouth then turned around and rearranged myself to be in the position we were in before. "Thankyou." he whispered as he kissed my cheek.
"What for?"
"Being so forgiving. Giving me a second chance."
"I should be thanking you." I told him.
"Why?" he chuckled.
"For staying by me all the time. You never give up on us, even when I am close to. And you stay by me even now, we are having a baby together. Most guys would run for the hills."
"I would never do that to you." he said rubbing his thumb against my hand. "We are in this together."
"You are my hero." I told him.
"You're mine." he said. And with that, we fell asleep in each other's arms.

- - - - - - - - - - LUKE'S POV - - - - - - - - - - -

I woke up in Ruby's bed. She wasn't there  so I grabbed my clothes and walked into the kitchen to find her. She was at the bench buttering some toast, still in her pyjamas- still looking amazing. "Hey" she smiled as I came into the room. "Hey" I replied.
"Have a good sleep?" she asked playfully. I went up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my chin on her shoulder.
"Amazing." I answered as I kissed her lower neck. I could sense her smile.
"Want some brekkie?"
"Nah, I'd better get going. Mum's probably wondering where I am." I told her, feeling kind of bad.
"Fair enough." she said getting back to buttering her toast. I gave a loud sigh as I let go of her. Ruby turned around to face me. "Cya handsome." she joked before she kissed me playfully on the lips.
"Bye gorgeous." I held Ruby's waist and pulled her body against mine so that I could kiss her properly. I bent down and kissed her stomach. "Bye bye baby." I said before standing upright. Ruby smiled brightly and held my face in her hands. "I'll talk to you later." I promised her. Ruby kissed me tenderly on the lips. I put on my shoes and walked towards the door, my stomach grumbled. "Luke." chimed Ruby. I looked over to see why she was calling. Ruby smiled perfectly and threw me an apple. I caught it and grinned. "You must've read my mind." I smiled at her.
"No, I must've just known that the mating whale sound wasn't from my kitchen." she winked. I blew her a kiss and walked out. The whole time I drove home I couldn't stop thinking about what this meant? Were we a couple again or just going with the flow. I pulled up into the driveway and hopped out. I unlocked the door and called out "I'M HOME" I said closing the door behind me. Beau came out from his room shirtless. "Where is everyone?" I asked.
"More like where the fuck have you been?" he demanded.
"I stayed the night at Ruby's." I stated truthfully. Beau raised his eyebrows.
"Mum worked night shift and should be home soon. Jai went over to James'" I nodded and went to the fridge in hope for and food that might have been left over.
"So you were at Ruby's?" Beau said sitting down at the table.
"Yeah."
"What did you do?"
"We talked and watched TV, got some pizza and went to bed." I lied.
"Did you smooch?" Beau joked as he made kissy faces. I didnt answer him. "HOLY BALLS YOU DID DIDN'T YOU!?" he screamed. I laughed and sat on the opposite side of the table, grinning.
"What so are you back together?" Beau questioned.
"I don't know."
"WELL DID YOU ASK HER?!"
"Calm down you freak. No I didn't" I said getting pissed off because I had to explain everything to him.
"Why not though? You guys both like each other still. Its so obvious" he said calmly. I couldn't hold it in. I had to tell someone how I felt.
"Because I don't want to rush her into things. I broke her heart last time and I felt like I couldn't live with myself. I need to regain all of her trust before we get into things again- I don't want what happened last time, happen again." I explained.
Beau listened. "You really love her, hey." he smirked. Not in a smart ass way. In a sort of happy and proud way. I nodded. "I can't live without her." I admitted.
Beau got up and patted me on the back. "I know you'll do the right thing." he told me. I hoped I would. I felt like I should tell Beau about the baby. He was my big brother and all and I really needed encouragement and a bit of help. "Hey, uh Beau." I said before he walked out the room. He popped his head around the corner. "Yeeeesssss?" he said stupidly. I couldn't do it. I knew how hurt Ruby would be. "Thanks." I smiled, changing the subject.
"No worries bro." he grinned and left the room. I walked into my room and climbed up onto my bed. I lifted up my pillow to where the baby's ultrasound photo was blutacked to the frame of the bed head. I kept it under there so that Jai or Beau wouldnt have a chance of finding it. I smiled as I looked at it. The thought of having this baby with Ruby made me so happy and I knew it was bringing us closer together as a couple. I took out phone and took a selfie of me kissing the side of the photo. I sent it of to Ruby captioning 'daddy's little girl ;)' I put on my music and waited for a reply.
'Mummy's boy.' she text back not long after
'As long as it is happy and healthy, I really couldn't care less if it is a boy or girl <3' I said back
'I love you Luke Brooks x' she sent. My heart fluttered and my lips curved into an automatic smile.
"I love you more Ruby Williams x'

I spent most of my time at Ruby's. The baby was always moving and was growing. It was a really exciting time. Ruby and I had become so much closer but still weren't dating, just going with whatever at the moment. "We are going to have to tell people soon." I said to Ruby as I pressed my hands softly on her slightly swollen stomach, tring to feel the baby move.
"I know." she said nervously. "When I get to three months."
"That's only three weeks away you know." I told her.
"Shit." she muttered, then giggled, giving me a soft kiss. The baby moved as she held on to me.
"The baby must like us together." I winked.
"Must do." she smiled.
"Me too" I smiled.
"Me three" she said wrapping me in her arms. The baby moved again.
"Isn't that weird for you?!" I exclaimed.
"I've got used to it." she laughed.
"Six months and three weeks to go." I smiled as I pressed my lips against hers.
"It seems like forever." she said
"Forever's fine with me."

2 WEEKS LATER

I woke up to the sound of phone ringing. I looked at the time. 2:03 am. Who called at 2 in the morning?! Possibly an international fan? I quickly answered not even looking at the caller ID, I didn't want to wake anyone in the house. "Hello?" I answered sleepily and confused.
"Luke I need you, I'm scared." cried Ruby on the other end of the line. I immediately focused.
"What's wrong love?" I said. I was kind of scared aswell.
"It's the baby." she said tearfully. I couldn't tell if she was actually crying or about to. I felt the blood rush out of my body. "I can't feel the baby move Luke." she said. If she wasn't crying before, she was now. I felt completely sick by what she had just told me. I climbed out of bed, quickly grabbing some clothes, shoes and my keys. "Just stay calm babe, I'll be right there." I locked the house and ran to my car. "Please hurry." she sounded so worried.
"5 minutes tops." I assured her. "And hey." I said, stopping her from hanging up.
"I love you." I told her truthfully.
"I love you too." she answered, holding back more tears.
"Stay strong." I said before hanging up. I sped through the night trying to get to Ruby as fast as I could. For her to ring me in such a state was a terrifying thing. I knew it was urgent.
I really didn't have a good feeling about this.

To be continued...