Chapter Twenty-Four

Hope you like the new chapter! Im looking forward to writing more- i have a lot planned after this, so don't worry it isnt the end! :P Think you might like the ending of this one <3

40 votes for chapter 25! xx

We got home in the late afternoon. Beau raced to get ready, yelling at Jai to get ready aswell. It was kinda funny seeing them run around like headless chooks, trying to get ready for their dates. I decided to get in my pyjamas early. I put on my oversized pink trackies and a black singlet. "RUBY" I heard Jai shout from Beau's room. I untied my hair as I walked into the room. He was standing in front of the mirror trying to work out his bow-tie. He spotted me in the mirror as I walked in. "Can you help me?" he said giving up on the tie. He turned around to face me. I fixed his top before slowly doing his tie. Jai breathed out heavily and rubbed his hand together anxiously. "You nervous?" I asked looking up at him. He kind of laughed and then nodded. "Yep" he answered. I finished of the bow-tie and held his shoulders. "Don't be." I told him.

"What if she doesn't like me?" he asked nervously. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows.

"Of course she will dopey! Just go and have fun." I said. He smiled and hugged me from the side. Beau walked into the room. "We've gotta go pick up the girls." he said to Jai.

"Lets go." Jai said smiling. The three of us walked out into the kitchen. I grabbed my camera off the bench and took a few quick pictures of the boys. "Have fun!" I said as they left. Once they had gone, I sat on the couch, looking through my photos on my camera. "What are we watching tonight?" Luke said walking into the room while pulling a t-shirt on. He leant on the back of the couch behind me while looking over my shoulder at the photos. I looked up and smiled at him, putting my arms up and grabbing his arms, pulling him towards me. He flopped his body forward and rolled over the couch. We both laughed as he rolled from the couch to the ground. " oh my god" I said trying to catch my breath from laughing. Luke scrambled to his feet which made me laugh even harder. He jumped back onto the couch, almost landing on me, and kissed my cheek. "Can we watch Victorious?" he asked, flicking on Nickelodeon. "Yup" I agreed as I kept looking through my pictures. After putting on the TV, Luke relaxed back putting his arm around me and softly took my camera. I looked at him confused. He changed the setting and  held it an arm's lengh away from us, snapping a picture. He looked back at the picture and smiled, I looked from a distance. "Ew." I said flatly.

"I don't look that bad do I?" Luke joked.

"I look like a sloth."

"You look amazing" said Luke. "You always do." he continued making intense eye contact. I looked away and blushed. We focused on the TV for a while, Luke's arm still around my shoulders. I shivvered a bit. "I'm gonna get a jumper." I said getting up, stretching. Luke got up aswell.

"I'll make us some food." he walked into the kitchen. I came into the room, sliding on my jacket. "What are you making?" I asked.

"My specialty, macaroni cheese." Luke said holding up the bowl with the pasta in it. I laughed.

"You know that has to go into the microwave?" I told him.

"Pffftttt. Yes." he said smugly, putting it into the microwave and adjusting the settings. I sat up on the bench. Luke came over and put his hands on the bench, leaning against my legs. He put his face closer to mine and smiled. "What?" I said smiling back at him.

"What?" he mimicked me. He lifted up his right hand and put it on the side of my face, stroking my cheek with his thumb. Luke leant in to kiss me. I stopped him by leaning slightly back. He looked at me  confused. "Luke, you just broke up with Christi."

"So?" he said pushing my hair behind my ear.

"So don't you want some time to get over it?" I suggested.

"If I had it my way, I would've ended it with Christi weeks ago." Luke said. "You're the one I want. No-one else could take your place." I smiled, contemplating whether to kiss him or not. The microwave beeped and Luke and I broke away from each other. We ate dinner then got back to watching TV. Luke's phone beeped. He opened the message and read it. He looked annoyed, almost angry. He handed me the phone to read. It was from Christi. "Luke, I'm coming over tomorrow to get all my stuff. If you want to work things out ring me? xx" it read. I looked over at Luke. "I'm not taking her back." said Luke harshly. "Fair enough." I agreed.

"I'm gonna pack up her stuff." He said getting up. "The less time I see her tomorrow, the better." he said walking away. I followed Luke to his room. "I'll help you." I said pulling out one of Luke's drawers which was once dedicated to Christi. Luke grabbed a rubbish bag and handed it to me. I held it open as he tipped the contents of the drawer into the bag. Luke smiled as I tied the bag up, breathing a sigh of relief. I took it to the loungeroom and dumped the bag next to the front door. I went into my room and plugged in my phone. I turned around to see Luke had followed me. He sat on my bed, crossing his legs. I ran up and jumped on the bed in front of him, copying his position. Luke laughed and poked my knee. He looked down, I could see him thinking. Luke looked up to speak. "I can never find the right kind of girls. They all want me for my fame." he said softly. "And then theres you." he continued  "To me you're perfect. No-one can compare to you." I could see he was struggling. "I've never wanted to be with somebody as bad as I want to be with you." he looked at me with his huge brown eyes. "I love you." he admitted, staring right into my soul. Happiness washed over me and I smiled madly. I decided to go against everything I said to him before.  I climbed onto Luke's lap and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. I pressed my lips against his, kissing him hard. I could feel Luke smile as the kiss grew more intense. He moved my body so that I was Laying on my back. Luke slid his hand around my waist  and kept kissing me passionately. The kiss lasted for a few minutes before he kissed my lips softly and slowly broke away. He layed next to me and moved my body closer so that it was pressed against his. I looked into his eyes and held his hand, intertwining our fingers. I rested my other hand on his chest, feeling his heart-beat. We stayed like that for a while, satisfied with each other's company. Luke smiled at me, making me smile back. I liked the fact that we were close enough for me to lean in and quickly kiss his lips. He chuckled at me and let go of my hand, putting it around my waist instead. He held me closer before speaking.

"Be my girlfriend?"