Chapter Seventeen

Hello again! Glad you're liking the story! Have SO much planned for the upcoming chapters that I have started to plan- so excited! Please dont forget to comment because I love hearing your feedback :) Also feel free to share this story around for others to read!

8 votes, 4 comments for the next chaper

Thankyou heaps! Much love <3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jai and I walked to the park around the corner. I was so confused. I had so many questions, like why would Luke trust her again or why the fuck would he tell me he loved me if he still had feelings for Christi? Jai put his arm around my shoulders and snuggled me tightly as we sat on a park bench. I must have looked a wreck- I was walking around in my short with tights underneath, vans, Jai's jumper which was massive on me, and one of the boy's oversized beanies. I also most probably had mascara running down my face which would not make me look any more attractive- but right now I really didnt care. When I had calmed down a bit, Jai spoke quietly to me.
"Beau told me about you and Luke kissing."
"The little rat." I said. Jai laughed.
"I'm sorry love," he tried to comfort me.
"All I wanna know is why is he going out with her after telling me he loved me?"
"Luke said he loved you?!" Jai sounded suprised. I nodded and wiped my face with the sleeve of my jumper. "Honestly Rubes, I have no idea why he took her back either. After all the shit she put him through." Jai sounded really pissed off. Even though he would never admit it, Jai really cared for his brother and was pretty protective of him.
"So she cheated on him?" I asked, wanting to know the full story.
"Yeh. When we went on tour to the Gold Coast, Christi just decided to hook up with some other guy behind Luke's back. Turned out the kid went to Penola so Luke found out pretty soon. At first he didnt believe it- mainly because he refused to, but when he found out it was true- he went ape shit. He was shattered. Christi couldn't face him anymore so she moved up to Sydney with her dad." Jai explained to me.
"Poor Lukey." I couldnt help say. Jai stroked my hair.
"I think we better get you home." Jai said. I groaned.
"I dont wannnnt to see Luke" I complained
"Ruby, dont you think it will be better if you just face Luke and get on? The longer it lasts the worse its gonna get. Just be brave." dammit Jai was right. I sat up and looked at him
"Oh you're good," I said playfully. Jai stood up and pulled me up.
"Piggy back?" he asked. I smiled and jumped onto his back. Jai ran through the park making aeroplane noises which I couldnt help but laugh at. This boy always knew how to brighten up my day. When we got home, Jai took me to my room, locking my door.
"Jai what the hell are you doing? I have to talk to Luke."
"You need to wipe your makeup off first. You look like a panda" Jai said handing me one of my makeup wipes. I wiped off all of the black splodges that covered my face and applied a bit more on so that I didnt look half dead. I was ready to talk to Luke.
"You can do it babe." Jai told me. I grabbed him by his shoulders.
"You my boy, are my saviour." I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and then walked confidently out of my room. I stopped just outside the twin's room. Shit. My heart was going at a million miles a minute. I tapped on the door and stuck my head around the corner. Luke was on his bunk with his earphones in. He looked at me and then back up at the ceiling.
"Can I come in?" I said still not completely inside his room. Luke took out one of his earphones and looked a me again. "Uh, yeh." he answered sounding depressed. I walked into the room cautiously, kicking off my vans and climbing up to his bed. I sat on the bed, near his waist, grabbing a pillow to hold in my lap. I looked at him for a minute- I could see him thinking. Luke took out his earphones and sat up. "I am SO sorry Ruby." he whispered.
"No, I'm sorry." I admitted. Luke looked at me confused. "Luke, if you choose to go out with Christi then thats fine, its your life and I really shouldnt hold you back from doing anything."
"Im sorry for being such a shit friend and being a dickhead for fighting with you." Luke admitted. I smiled.
"You know I will support whatever you do Lukey. It just that the news was a shock to me and I didnt know how to react. I have handled so many situations badly lately and I feel terrible." I wiped away a single tear that fell from my eye, hoping that Luke didnt see.
"Dont feel bad Rubes. We have both made mistakes." he looked into my eyes and smiled that smile that I had been missing.
"Can I have a hug to be sure you forgive me?" I asked him
"Can I have a hug to be sure that YOU forgive ME?" he said back cheekily. Luke opened his arms and I fell into them, hugging him back. He kissed the top of my head.
"I dont ever want to fight with you again." Luke said.
"Is it because you know you wont win?" I joked. Luke laughed
"Yeh, sure it is."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ONE WEEK LATER - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Everything packed?" Luke asked Christi as she climbed in the cab.
"Yahh babe." she replied "I'll miss you!" Christi was going back to Sydney for a fortnight to visit her dad. Luke bent down and kissed her softly, Christi then grabbed his face and kissed him back ferotiously. Jai and I watched on from a few metres away, completely disturbed by what we had just seen. Luke closed the taxi door and stood back as Christi waved while the cab drove away. All three of us walked back into the house and sat with Gina at the table. Beau had spent the night at Kaity's and was still there. "Packed for Sydney Jai?" Gina asked. She and the boys regularly took trips to Sydney for work- usually Janoskians related. This time it was to market merchandise. "YehNo" Jai said quickly running to his room to pack. Beau was driving to Swan Hill this weekend to be with Stephan so it would just be Luke and I at home. "What are you two going to get up to?" Gina asked talking a sip of her cup of coffee. I looked at Luke and we both shrugged. "Work has actually given me a week off to go to Perth so I'm still deciding whether I should go or not." I said. Ever since I was called upon to work in Melbourne, work has given me regular flights to and from Perth to see me family and friends.
"Sounds great hun!" Gina said. "What about you Lukey?"
"Maybe I'll follow Rubes to Perth? Not sure yet"
Gina grinned. "You two will have a blast." she looked at her watch and quickly grabbed her bag. "Shit! I have to be at work in ten minutes! Bye my loves!" she said kissing us both on the cheek.
"Bye Jai!" she shouted walking out of the door.
"What we doing today?" Luke asked me.
"It's realllyyy beautiful outside! We have to go out." I said
"How bout the beach?" he suggested.
"Sure!" It was a perfect idea.
"JAI!" Luke shouted. "JAI YOU HOMO, WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH- ARE YOU COMING?"
"IM GOING TO SYDNEY TOMORROW AND I HAVENT PACKED. WHAT DO YOU THINK MY ANSWER WILL BE?!" Jai screamed back. I laughed and walked towards my room.
"I'm getting ready."
"Ok, we'll go in five." Luke said heading towards his room aswell.
"FIVE?!" I squealed
"Fine ten." Luke said.
"Fifteen?" I tried to bargain.
"For you." Luke smiled, winking at me.