Chapter Fifty-Nine

HEYY!! Sorry its been ages since an update, so much has been going on. This will probably be the second-last chapter which is kinda sad but I will get started on the sequel soon enough.
BUUUTTTTT on the upside, I just released a snippet of my new Janoskians fan-fic, Belonging, which you can find in my works so it would be amazing if you could take a look for me, the new chapters will be up soon :)
Enjoy!!!!!!

170 votes for THE LAST CHAPTER :'(

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

http://ask.fm/rubyhannah

-----------------------------------------------------------

I sat on the edge of Luke's bed scrolling through the tweets on my phone. I heard the soothing voice of Luke's nurse coming closer. I locked my phone and smiled as Luke walked slowly around the corner, the nurse supporting some of his weight as he held on to her arm. "He walked down almost the whole hallway by himself" she told me looking proudly at work.
"Luke!" I said in awe. "Well done babe" I said going up to him and giving him a quick kiss. Luke took my hand and walked slowly  and exremely cautiously to the bed, his nurse closely behind him. The past few weeks had been focusing on Luke and his physio, before they were focusing on detecting memory loss or brain damage which they hadn't found but warned if anything were to happen in the future, it was most likely linked to the crash. The nurse stayed as Luke got into bed to make sure he was okay before speaking.
"Luke's physio has said the way he's going, he could be out in about a week and a bit maybe two weeks." she grinned. I smiled madly and held Luke's hand. Finally we could have him back home. I grinned madly and kissed Luke's hand to stop myself from squealing with excitement, he looked at me and smirked at my reaction. "I'll be back later with your antibiotics," the nurse said, leaving the room.
"Feeling good?" I asked Luke, unable to wipe the smile from my face.
"Great, I can't wait to get home." he replied. I could tell he was pretty tired.
"And the ball is in a month, you'll be happy to know you can't do too much crazy dancing." I said. Luke sighed. "Thank god." he chuckled. I couldn't help but giggle with him. "I'll get to see my princess though," he teased. I went to kiss his cheek when Luke lifted his right hand and rested it on my back, pulling my softly towards him. Luke moved over, closer to the other side of his bed so that I could lay on the other side. I layed on my side, my arm cautiosly resting on his chest, the rest of my body carefully positioned so that I wouldn't hurt him. We talked for hours until Gina called, wanting me to come home. Since Luke was improving, I didn't sleep at the hospital much anymore- only if he was feeling lonely or having a bad night. "I'll wait with you until you fall alseep," I told him.
"No, get home. I hate you driving home alone late." Luke groaned.
"Don't worry about me, okay? Just try get to sleep."
"Ruby, I'm serious. You'll make me worried." Luke said strongly.
"Okay, if you really want me to leave that badly!" I joked, grabbing my stuff. I walked to Luke's bedside and kissed his lips. "Bye," I said quietly.
"Call me when you get home." Luke instructed firmly. I nodded as I got to the door and stopped.
"Love you," I said.
"Love you more," Luke smiled sleepily. I blew him a kiss and walked down the hospital ward towards the lifts. I was so exhausted. Work had been so crazy lately and with Luke in hospital, I was tired so early. I couldn't wait to get home and relax, and best of all tell Gina and the boys the good news.
Two weeks.

Beau and I were at home, we had cooked dinner and even dessert, cleaned the house and had rented Luke's favourite movies. We both sat in the loungeroom, exhausted from all the work we had done. It didn't seem hard at first, but cleaning to Gina's standards was so tiring and cooking with Beau was torture- to put it nicely.
"I think I'm gonna fall alseep." Beau said fluttering his eyes.
"Don't you dare," I told him.
"Just resting my eyes"
"Sureee you are" I said sarcastically. We heard the sound of tyres on the driveway and sat up, livelier than ever. Gina's voice came closer towards us and I heard Jai speak before Luke laugh. Beau ran up to the door before they could even open it, engulfing Luke in a huge hug.
"Beau! Careful!" Gina exclaimed worriedly.
"It's fine mum," Luke spoke calmly. He was so much better although he still had to go to physio for strengthening exercises. Once they were inside, I had to stop myself from running up to Luke and jumping into his arms. I smiled crazily as he walked up to me and snaked his arms around my waist, kissing me romantically.
"Cut it out now," Jai said as I started to wind my arms around Luke's neck. Luke ignored his brother and held my body closer to his, hugging me tightly and genuinely. I looked closely and sloftly held the ends of his hair. "You need a haircut!" I giggled.
"He does- tomorrow." Gina said walking through the door with Luke's stuff. Beau went to the door to help her and took everything to the twins room.
"No mum!" Luke squealed, overexaggerating.
"Shoosh Luke," Gina groaned.
"At the least the neighbours know I'm back" Luke smirked at his own line. I snickered and rolled my eyes softly kissing Lukes cheek. I was so glad that he was home and safe.

I dropped Gina and Luke off in the main part of Glenroy so Luke could get his hair cut- completely against his will. He got out of the car and groaned. Gina grabbed him playfully by the arm and almost had to drag him into the mall while waving back at me. I let out a small laugh and made my way to Melbourne Central. I was meeting Lili during her free period. I got there and parked. We here meeting at a cafe then going for a walk around before I drop her back at school. We saw each other and hugged each other excitedly- we hadn't seen each other in forever.
"How's Luke going?
"he's pretty good- he's improving." I said.
"Do you know when he'll be back at school?" Lili asked.
"Maybe a week?" I estimated but honestly had no idea. Lili dug in her school bag for something, I watched on confused until she pulled out two neat siler pices of card.
"You and Luke's ball tickets," she smiled widely. I took them and grinned with her.
"Thanks Lil!! Have you got Jai's aswell?"
"I'm seeing him tonight, I'll give it to him then." she replied. I didn't say a single word, only smirked and raised my eyebrows at her.
"We are just friends, I swear." she insisted.
"Tell that to the judge" I said holding back my snickers of laughter. Lili forced down a smiled and hit my shoulder.

I took her back to Penola on the way home, checking my phone before leaving. Luke had called and left a few messages asking me when I'd be home. I went straight back, starting to get confused. I unlocked the front door and walked in. "Hello?" I called out. No-one answered. I went into the loungeroom and dumped my bag. The tennis was on, one of the twins must've been home. I walked into the kitched to find Luke, attempting to measure out flour.
"Luke." I said. He jumped and turned around. His hair was cut shorter than usual, I liked it though.
"You scared me." he said.
"What are you doing?!" I laughed.
"I'm making you cupcakes," he smiled sweetly, squinting and showing all his teeth. I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him. He was too sweet. "You should be resting." I told him.
"But cupcakes are better- you are better." he said bringing me closer and trying to kiss me again.
"Do you need any help?" I said looking at the mess he had created.
"No." he said strongly. I nodded and looked at him again.
"Do you want any help?" I re-phrased.
"Yeah." he nodded. I giggled and tied my hair up, taking out a bobby pin and puting it in Luke's hair to hold it back. Luke flicked some of the flour onto me and looked away, pretending to be innocent. I bumped him with my hips and put some of the ingredients letting Luke put in the others. We mixed it and put them in patty pans and into the oven, setting the timer. Luke sighed and lent against the bench. "Tired?" I asked. Luke wasn't giving in.
"Nope." he answered matter of factly. I nodded sarcatically and laughed.
"We have fifteen minutes to wait." Luke said.
"How are we killing time?" I asked. Before I could even make a suggestion, Luke slung his arms around my body loosely and erased the distance between us. I rested my hands on his toned chest and studied his perfect features before his lips crashed onto mine.
"How about this?" Luke teased. I smirked up at him then replied by returning his kiss.