Chapter Three

It had been two weeks since I had moved into the Brooks' household. I was completely sorted out and all of my cases that were sent over from Perth were sorted in my room. The boys and I had become really close and I felt right at home.
"Ruby" called Jai.
"In here!" I called from my room. Jai walked in the door and sat on the end of my bed.
"What you doing?"
"Sorting out my portfolio for my interview tomorrow." I was so ecxited to be a stylist and part-time  model for Dolly magazine.
"Well me and the girls are heading out into the city today," by girls, I knew Jai ment his brothers."Did you want to come. We'll leave in about an hour and a bit" he said checking his phone.
"Sure," I replied - I needed to get out of the house anyway and my portfolio would be finished in around 20 minutes.
"Oh and by the way, we're filming today." Jai told me.
"Huh?" I replied "What do you mean filming?"
"For youtube. We have a pretty popular channel- the Janoskians" Jai told me. So thats where I knew them from! "Two of our friends are tagging along aswell."
"Thats fine" I said. It would be good for me to meet some new people.

We walked down to the train station, a five minute walk from the house. Out of the blue, a boy came running from behind and tried to dack Beau. I stood horrified- who was this?
"Skip you dirty pig!" Beau screamed. "Don't worry Rubes it's just Skip the little bitch. And this is James" he said introducing me to his friends.
" Hahah your face Ruby was priceless! Nice to meet you." said Skip pulling me into a hug. I couldn't help but crack a smile. He was just like the other boys.
"I'm James, the nice one" said a tall boy standing next to Luke. He came up to me and hugged me tightly. "This is my new biff guys." he said to the boys. Everyone rolled their eyes and spluttered with laughter. James must be a ladies man. We all brought our tickets and got on the train. Luke, Skip and I went to the left and the rest of the boys ran to the right. James pulled out his phone and started to record. I had no clue what on earth was going on. Jai went and sat next to a young guy, obviously on his way to work. He pulled out his phone and pretended to dial.
"Yeah hey man," I heard him say. What the hell was he doing? "Um soo I've hidden the body, whats next?" he said not even lowering the volume of his voice. I knew what they were doing now- making awkward situations. I burst out laughing, this was too funny.
The rest of the boys joined in, daring each other and making every situation more awkward than the next.
"You like?" asked Luke coming to sit next to me.
"Oh my gosh yes, you boys are hilarious" I still hadn't stopped laughing. 'Now arriving at Melbourne station' anounced the voice from the train. Beau took a bow before running off the train.
"Ready" said Luke. "It might get hectic out there." he said as he offered me his hand to hold. I had no idea what he ment but i took his hand in mine anyway.
As we walked off the train, a group of 14 year old teeny boppers looked our way. They all started whispering and pointing, taking their phones out to take a snap of the Janoskians. As we walked past them a few people asked for pictures with the boys and others were staring at me like if was some kind of fungus attached to Luke. I could hear them- whos that girl he's with?, is that the girl he's dating? Luke's hand tightened even more around mine. I could tell he was protective of me, he always was when we went out. Finally we got through the crowd and made out way around the city. It wasn't until Beau looked down at mine and Luke's hands that we let go. Well he just made something totally innocent seem awkward- thanks Beau.
"Can we make a stop at Hungry Jacks" Skip asked.
"Why are you always hungry?" replied James. As we made our way to HJ's, more squealing girls crowded us. I was getting claustraphobic as was Jai so we told the others that we were heading home. It wasn't a long trip into the city but with all the craziness- it was long enough.

- - -- - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - -

We got home to find Lala waiting at the door for us. Gina was out and had left a note.
"That was mayhem" Jai said. I agreed, nodding my head.
"Wanna watch a movie?" I suggested.
"Sure... Mean Girls?"
"ahah yepp"
We sat down on the couch under a blanket and snuggled up together. I loved the fact that Jai and I were so close without any dumb feelings getting in the way. It was fair to say he was one of my bestfriends and there was nothing I couldn't tell him.
"So you and Luke today?..." Jai said cheekily just two minutes into the movie. I elbowed him gently in the side.
"What??! It was 100% innocent I swear!" I defended myself because honestly that was the truth and Jai knew that perfectly well; he just wanted to tease me.
"Say bible then" Jai demanded.
"Bible" I answered strongly.
"Swear on my life?"
"JAI!!!" This time I elbowed him harder. He giggled and nudged me back which of course turned into and uncontrolable tickle fight. I couldn't stop laughing. I heard Luke and Beau come through the front door and into the loungeroom to see me gasping for air. Both boys joined in. I finally managed to crawl off the couch onto the floor for safety- well it was all safe until Beau fell from the couch onto my leg. We all started laughing uncontrollably again. Gina came into the room to find us in a tangle; hair messy and the rug scrunched.
"Oh for goodness sake you lot!" she said with a smile. "Is this what I come home to- a bunch of 5 year olds?" We all giggled. "Come on you monkeys- we need to go pick up Nonna and Nonno from the airport"
I had to admit I was nervous. This was the first time I would meet Gina's mum- the boys' grandparents.
"Hop in the car" called Gina. Beau ran to the front seat and Luke, Jai and I got in the back. So many thoughts went through my mind and we drove towards the airport. It must all be from nerves- meeting Antonio and Antonia. My thoughts were cut  to and end,
"Smile." Luke told me. I obeyed and smiled as he took a photo of us with his phone. "Cute" he told me looking at the picture and smiling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -

Ginas parents were lovely, they reminded me of my grandparents. We were driving home; me and Beau in the very back of the car, Antonia in the front and Luke,Jai and Antonio in the back. Everything was quiet in the car and I could hear Luke and Jai sleeping softly and Antonio sleeping not quite so softly! Gina and Antonia were chatting about Antonia's  trip and Beau was on the verge of falling asleep on my shoulder. I took out my phone and started scrolling through my newsfeed when i came across a picture. It was me and Luke in the car on the way to the airport earlier.
I looked at the caption - "'This girl <3'" I smiled and looked at the comments...

OMG, - wtf who is she?,  - is this Lukes gf, -  im so happy for him, -  shes really pretty,  - bitch

I rolled my eyes at the comments and then re-read the caption. Luke was so sweet! I never realised how fortunate I was to have people like Luke, Beau and Jai in my life. They treated me like a family member, supported me like a best friend and loved me like a sister. I really was so lucky to have people care for me like they did. Without thinking I liked the picture and commented- "Such a cutie Luke <3". I giggled as I heard his phone beep with a notification. Luke moved slowy as he unlocked his phone. I quickly locked mine and tucked it away in my pocket, pretending to be asleep. I heard Luke chuckle and a few seconds later I recieved a notification. "Nah, all you <3" he wrote.
"hehe <3 you Lukey pookeyy" I replied.
"<3 you too rubby dooobyyy" was the message I got a few minutes later. I turned off my phone- we had caused enough trouble for one night. I saw Luke get my last message- and once again, I pretended to be fast asleep.