Chapter Fifty-Four

Helloo! Thanks for your amazing responses for the last chapter :) If anyone wants my twitter name please inbox me because I am more than happy to give it to you, oh and keep the questions coming, I love answering them <3 And a reminder to the girls who won the comp to inbox me or I will have to re-draw! thanks, enjoy :) x

HOLD UP I FORGOT!!! A while ago I said I was starting a new fanfic, I have written the first few chapters and its now a matter of it being released. SOOOO I want you to comment whether I should publish it while Meant To Be is still going (may mean longer waits for new chapters because I'm doing 2) ORRR release it once Meant To Be is finished??? Just a thought :) x

130 votes for Chapter 55 <3

http://ask.fm/rubyhannah

--------------------------------------------------------

Luke and I were still in Perth. My mum and dad were up north for one night and Jayden was sleeping at a friends place - Luke and I had the place to ourselves and mum had left strict instrutions but had let us have a few friends around. I woke up and looked to my side, Luke wasn't there. I got up and went to the main landing and onto the balcony, I looked down and could see Luke in the pool.
"Hey down there." I said sleepily. Luke looked up and laughed. He was in his light blue boardies, purple and blue snapback and his raybans looking flawless as usual. "Come in." he called. It was an overcast day and was humid. "Must I?" I teased.
"Yeah," Luke laughed. I held back my smirk and went to my room to get in my bikinis. I put on my crochet black ones and let my hair out, I couldn't stand swimming with it up. I walked downstairs yawning and went outside, Luke smiled as I came in the gate and walked towards the edge so I could lean down and kiss him. I balanced and out one foot in, feeling the water. "It's chilly!" I exclaimed.
"It's fine once you're in."
"Nope, I'm not getting in." I wussied out. Luke got out of the pool and took his hat and sunglasses of, I stepped back as he walked over to me. "What are you doing?!"  I squealed.
"I just want to give my girlfriend a hug, is that illegal?"
"But you're all wet!" I said running away from him.
"One hug, c'mon." Luke insisted. I gave in and opened my arms cautiously as Luke engulfed me in a huge hug. He picked me up and walked towards the edge of the pool. "Luke Brooks don't you dare!" I said trying not to laugh. Luke ignored me and jumped in still holding me.
"I told you it wasn't bad once you were in." Luke laughed. I tried to keep a straight face but burst out laughing in the process, splashing Luke and swiping my hair away from my face.
"Hold still" Luke said huskily. My heart fluttered. Luke stepped closer in and slowly pushed a piece of my hair that fell beside my face, behind my ear, he kept eye contact with me before craning his head down and kissing me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled Luke closer as his hands found my waist. Every kiss with Luke was as magical as the next.

We lazed in the pool for half an hour before getting out. A few people were coming over later in the afternoon for a swim and pizza but there was only three of them so we didn't really have to prepare anything, instead we just watched movies on the couch together. At around five my cousin Em and my best friend Jess arrived. I hadn't seen Jess in forever and was so excited it brought me to tears. Now we were just waiting on my other close friend Sam. I heard the doorbell ring and jumped up to get it. I opened the door smiling until I was who else was with Sam. It was Ryan. My face dropped, it felt like all my blood had been drained from my body. "Sam!" I exclaimed, now extremely distracted.
"Hey gorgeous, I hope you don't mind Ryan tagging along, he was at mine." Sam explained.
"No it's fine," I lied "Hey Ryan." I plastered on a smile and hugged him. Oh god this was going to be awkward. I guess Luke and Ryan didn't hate each other, but it's not like they made the effort to get along. The fact that Ryan still liked me made it ten times harder to even convince Luke to talk to him without him getting protective or jealous. I shut the door as the two boys walked in, I pulled a pained face behind them. I walked into the living room just as Sam and Ryan walked in and greeted everyone. Luke's face went blank as he saw Ryan walk in. "Sam this is my boyfriend Luke, Ryan you remember Luke?" I said trying not to sound uncomfortable.
"Of course I remember Luke." Ryan said almost sarcastically shaking Luke's hand.
I went over to where Luke was sitting and sat right next to him. "I didn't know you invited him." he whispered through gritted teeth.
"I didn't, he's tagging along with Sam, please be nice." I explained quietly as the boys talked to Em and Jess. We all talked for a bit and started watching a movie together. I unintentionally started laughing loudly at a scene along with Jess who completely understood my sense of humour. Ryan looked over and smiled at me laughing, chuckling at my hysterics. Luke pulled me closer to him and tightened his grasp around me. He had obviously seen too. I turned to face Luke and kissed his cheek, whispering in his ear "I love you." he broke into a smile and relaxed again. The movie finished and Sam picked up Emma who was half asleep. "What are you doing?" she said groggily. Sam walked straight outside and into the pool area, Em still didn't know what was going on until Sam threw her in the pool. We all gaped from inside and broke into fits of laughter. Ryan ran out and pushed Sam in, jumping in after him. Luke went outside and jumped in aswell, leaving just me and Jess.
"Is Luke okay? He doesn't seem himself." she asked.
"We didn't know Ryan was coming, it's just a bit strange for him, and me." I replied.
"Luke knows he has nothing to worry about!" Jess said
"He does worry though, Ryan admitted that he still had feelings for me! I know Luke trusts me but his last girlfriend cheated on him and left him for that guy. I guess he doesn't want that to happen again even though he knows it wont." I groaned.
"Come on, just forget about everything thats happening and relax. We don't get to see you often!" Jess insisted. I nodded at her and took a deep breath before we joined the others in the pool. Luke smiled as I jumped in and swam over to him. Without hestiation, Luke held me close and kissed me passionately. I could feel Ryan's eyes glued to my back, watching us. We all talked and swam for a while before I hopped out quickly to order the pizzas, Went into the kitchen and got the phone book out. I concentrated on finding the number and fickled through the pages.

"Need any help?" Someone asked. I jumped a little and looked up to find Ryan on the other side of the bench.
"I'm fine." I said quickly looking down. Ryan ignored me and tried to find the number anyway. I stepped back from him. "Why are you acting weird around me?"
"I'm not!" I insisted. "It's just weird knowing that you still like me when Luke is around"
"Don't let that get in the way of our friendship." he said with hopeful eyes.
"No, of course not, but I do want you to move on Ryan, I know you said you still had feelings for me and wanted to work things out but that was all before Luke, I can't do that now." I took a deep breath feeling bad. I had no choice, I had to tell him, even if it did mean breaking his heart. I looked up at Ryan already feeling bad. "I don't think there will be another chance between us again Ryan."
"I understand, but you and Luke might not stay together forever, and you know I will wait for you."
"Ryan listen to me. I don't want you to wait, you are waiting for nothing. You will find a girl one day that will love you and stay with you forever. I'm just not that girl. I'm sorry." I said strongly. Ryan nodded.
"I made the mistake of letting you go, I knew someone would snatch you up as soon as we were over, and still I took the risk, thinking you would come home." he said moving closer.
"It wasn't meant to be." I said as I took a small step back.
"Please," whispered Ryan as he put his fingertips on my hips and tried to move in for a kiss. I put my hand inbetween our faces and turned my head to the side, taking a step back.
"Everything okay in here?" Luke came in the room. I was so relieved.
"Perfect." said Ryan as he passed Luke and went back outside.
"You okay?" said Luke, wrapping his arms around me from behind and kissing my neck.
"I talked to him about everything."
"He didn't take it too well?" Luke asked. I shook my head. "Well that's his problem. He knows where you stand and he just needs to get over it. You're mine now." he smirked. I giggled and hugged Luke close. "I don't think you know how grateful I am to have to." I told him.
"You don't know how grateful I am to have YOU beautiful." he smiled, making me blush. We ordered the pizzas and went back outside. Ryan and Sam left earlier than the others who went home relatively late.

I was so tired by the end of the day, I just got in bed in my bra and undies, I was to hot and worn out to do anything. Luke came into my room and jumped in bed in his boxers.
"You awake?" he whispered.
"Yeah," I replied. Luke shuffled closer and kissed my neck softly.
"You don't have much on," he chuckled cutely.
"Like you can talk," I laughed.
"If it's bothering you I can put some clothes on" Luke said expecting a reaction.
"No! it's fine," I insisted. I turned to face Luke and snuggled closer to him, his stong, comforting arms wrapped around me, caressing my back. I loved how everything felt so right with Luke. He never made me feel uncomfortable or awkward and never bad about myself. I was so lucky to have him as not only my bestfriend, but my boyfriend.
"We doing anything tomorrow?"
"I'll take you to the zoo."
"Sounds good." Luke replied.
"So you can go back to your habitat with the baboons," I laughed. Luke gasped, pretending to be shocked and tapped by bum. I giggled as Luke started to tickle my stomach.
"You're pretty cheeky!" he chuckled as I squirmed and laughed. He stopped as I wrapped my arms around his body and pulled myself closer so I could kiss him properly.
"Love you." he said focusing on me.
"and I love you," I told him. Luke's lios crashed onto mine as I ran my fingers through his curls.
"I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have you," Luke said, our foreheads touching,
"Not sure about the luckiest," I chuckled. Luke kissed my forehead and drew circles on my back with his thumb. "The luckiest."

- -- - - -- - - - - - - 5 DAYS LATER - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Luke, Jayden and I sat in the back of the car while mum and dad sat in the front. They were driving us to the airport, Luke and I were flying back to Melbourne in a few hours and I already felt sick about leaving my family. I rested my head on Jaydens shoulder, ready to have a good cry. He put his arm around me and rested his head on mine. As annoying my little brother could be, he was the sweetest most beautiful guy, I hated being away from him. We arrived at the airport and parked. As I got up a tear fell from my eyes. I ignored it and went to get my suitcase from the back with Luke. We checked in and my family came to sit with us at the departure lounge. Dad was trying to distract me from feeling home sick by telling me how I could come visit whenever and that I would be back soon. I already knew that, but it was still hard.

Boarding time came quickly and I said a long and upsetting good bye to my family, Luke said good bye, thanking my parents for having him- it was so sweet. I gave them all one last hug before I boarded the plane. Luke let me sit on the window side, I got comfy and rested my head on the side. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I looked outside the window. I loved Melbourne so much but leaving my family was so hard, it killed me everytime I had to go back. Luke took my hand and intertwined our fingers, smiling at me reassuringly. I forced a smile back and leant against the side of the plane again, staying like that until we had taken off and were flying steadily. I shifted my weight so that I leant on Lukes shoulder. He put his arm around me and kissed the top of my head, still holding my hand. I must've fallen asleep for a while because I woke up to my phone buzzing in my pocket. I sat up and looked at Luke who was asleep next to me. I quickly turned my phone on airplane mode and checked the text that must've been delayed. It was Chad. Was he ever going to leave me along?
"You'd better be coming to the ball with me. I'm sure your boyfriend's fans wouldn't want to hear all his secrets and a few extras." it wrote. I couldn't do anything about the text right now but I knew what I would be doing when I got home. Something that I should've done fom the beginning. I wasn't going to let Chad get to me anymore, he had it coming.

-----------------------------------------

Emma (Em) : @emmadouglas
Jessica (Jess) : @janoskianpower1