Chapter Thirteen

I parked outside Cino's cafe and walked inside. It had stopped raining and was now just sprinkling. I saw Ryan as soon as I walked in. He stood up to greet me, pulling me into a tight grasp. We both sat down at a small table close to the heater. "Somethings wrong." said Ryan looking at me. "I can tell."
"Its nothing, really."
"Yes it is, spill"
I found myself telling Ryan eberything about the boys, Christi and of course, Luke. Ryan stood up. "I want to meet them." he declared.
"No! You will be mean!" I laughed
"I pinky promise I won't" said Ryan holding out his finger.
"You know you are a trouble maker." I said standing up and picking up my bag.
"What!?" said Ryan pretending to be shocked. "How can I cause trouble? I'm only here until tomorrow. Anyways, I have a right to know the people that you are living with."
"Yeh, of course." I teased walking towards the car. Ryan followed.
"Mind if I hitch a ride?" he asked.
"No. Your walking Ryan." I said sarcastically. "Get in the car."
Ryan smiled as he opened the door. He bent down. Man, he was tall - had he grown?! "Ryan! What have your parents been feeding you!" I joked. He smiled his charming smile. "Careful." he said looking ahead.
"I'll have you know that I am a fantastic driver." I boasted. A car pulled in front of me and I slammed on the brakes. "DICKHEAD" I shouted.
"Please just get us home." Ryan pleaded holding onto the sides of the car.

Ryan and I pulled up into the driveway. I could see everyone was home and the TV flickering. We got to the door and I unlocked it with my key. "RUBY'S HOME" I heard Jai shout. He ran to the door. "AND RYan?" he finished confused. He held his hand out to Ryan and smiled. "I'm Jai. Good to meet you." Ryan and Jai shook hands. One down three to go, I thought. Gina came into the room and glanced at us. Being the beautiful person she was, Gina went up to Ryan and hugged him. "Nice to meet you love, great to finally see you in person. We've heard so much about you!" Ryan and Gina smiled. Gina walked into the kitchen to check whatever she was cooking. I held Ryan's arm and led him into the loungeroom where Luke and Beau were sitting. "Ryan, this is Luke and Beau." I said pointing at them. "Guys, this is Ryan." Beau smiled and shook hands with Ryan creating small talk. Luke stared at him then me. Finally, he got up and welcomed Ryan. We all sat on the couch. Beau and Ryan got on so well, like old friends.They chatted for something like 40 minutes! Luke just sat there. When Ryan and Beau were in deep conversation, I turned to Luke. "You can talk to him you know. He won't bite."
"Are you guys, like together now?" he asked.
"What? No! we are just friends. I thought I should introduce you guys though." I told Luke.
"Its pretty shit seeing you with other guys. Especially knowing that he's kissed you." he whispered.
"Did you ever think that was how I felt when Christi is around?" I questioned. Ryan stood up. "I better go finish packing." he spoke.
"I'll drop you if you like?" I said.
"I'd rather live." he said. we all giggled. Luke stood up.
"I can take you." he stated. WHUT?
"You sure man?" Ryan asked.
"Yeh sure! lets go. Coming Ruby?" Luke said. I walked to the car in pure shock. Ryan and Luke sat in the front. We all chatted. I was suprised at how good Luke was being, warming up to Ryan like that. It was about a 25 minute drive to Ryan's hotel. I hopped out of the car with Ryan and went to the lift to say farewell. I hugged him closely for ages. When we pulled away he looked at me and kissed me delicately on the cheek. "I'll miss you." he said.
"And I'll miss you! I'll be in Perth in a few months. See you then." I told Ryan. We hugged one last time then I ran to the car and climbed in the front seat.

-------------------- LUKE'S POV ----------------------------------------

Ruby ran back to the car. It hurt me seeing her so close with Ryan. I always wonder to myself, if the Christi situation wasn't there, would Ruby and I be dating? I looked over at her, she was trying not to cry. Being as gentle as I could, I placed my hand on her shoulder. Ruby looked at it, then me, and smiled strongly. "Lets go." she spoke. I could tell she was getting homesick. She always got like this when she was reminded of home and how much she missed it.
"Want me to snuggle with you again tonight?" I said cheekily. Ruby giggled and smiled at me.
"As long as we don't get caught out again." she giggled. I loved her laugh. She thought it was goofy, I honestly thought it was beautiful. We drove in silence for a few minutes. I could see Ruby's was thinking hard. "What was that sudden friendliness towards Ryan?" she asked.
" I would do anything for you." I told her. It was true. "Even if it means taking ex-boyfriends back to their hotels." I added. Ruby flinched at the term 'ex-boyfriend'.

It was night-time and everyone in the house was asleep. Not me, maybe not Ruby? I walked into her room and her head came up. She was awake. I got in her bed and snuggled up to her. Ruby was warm and smelt like her chanel perfume. "You there sleepyhead?" I asked. She hadn't spoken a word. I wrapped my arms around her waist. My touched caused her to turn around and face me. She cupped my face in her hands softly and kissed me passionately. "I do still love you." she told me in between kisses.
"And I will always love you." I assured her, kissing her back. We continued to kiss until her lips got weaker. "You're tired. Go to sleep angel." I told Ruby. Obediently, she turned around and fell asleep. She was breathtaking. Amazing. No-one could compare to her. I really had to find a way to end it with Christi for good. I looked at Ruby. I was crazy about her and I would to anything to make sure she was happy.