Chapter Fifty-Eight

Helllooo!! you can blame schoolwork for the delay this time! You guys are amazing and I love you all <3 I hope I won't be as slow updating next time but anyways I won't keep you any longer, enjoy!! xoxoxo
MEANT TO BE ISN'T OVER YET SO PLEASE DON'T ASK IN THE COMMENTS, YOU WILL KNOW WHEN IT IS AS I WILL ANNOUNCE IT!

150 votes for chapter 59 <3

http://ask.fm/rubyhannah

-----------------------------------------------------

A week and a bit had passed. I had recoverd a lot but still had a few battle scars. Everyday I would leave work, go home and get changed, grab something to eat on the way and then go straight to the hospital to spend the night with Luke. He still had not woken and the doctors and specialists were starting to worry. Since the crash I had not spent a single night at home, instead I spent it at Luke's bedside to to, or at, him. Sometimes I would catch up on my work there or just have some time to think before getting up early the next morning to go home, shower, get changed and get off to work so the cycle could start again. The fans had heard about the crash and were extremely upset and worried so I made sure I would tweet as often as I could, answering their questions and ensuring them Luke would be fine. Of course I didn't know that for a fact, but me repeating it hundreds of times at least made me believe it. Luke's injuries were decreasing on the outside apart from the gash on his arm and some bad bruising on the side of his body but he was still badly affected internally. Every moment I could spend with him I would, praying that he would wake up.

I woke up in Luke's hospital room and automatically looked to my side to see if Luke was awake. Still noting. I sighed heavily and got up, looking at the time. I had slept in a bit too long and would be late if I didn't get going. I got my stuff, made the bed and pushed it out of the way before kissing Lukes cheek goodbye and rushing to my car. Since the crash I had a fear of getting in the car. I was okay when I was driving, just extra cautious but I guess my motivation at any and everytime possible made me get over it. I got home and was greeted by Gina, Beau and Jai. It was Gina's morning off and she was going to spend it at the hospital, the boys were just hanging around. I ate breakfast with them and had my shower. It wasn't the same without Luke there. It was tense, as though we were just waiting for that moment when the phone rang carrying our worst nightmare. There wasn't much to talk about. I felt sick having to smile or laugh- I couldn't do it or if I did, Luke would pop into my mind and my heart would sink again. I left and got to work, starting my work immidiately, getting as much done as I could. Kaitlyn came to my desk and gave me a hug. She had been spending heaps more time with Beau lately since the crash, he wasn't taking it too well and needed to be distracted.
"Up for lunch hun?"
"Is it our break already?!" I exclaimed.
"Yep!"
"I'm sorry Kaity I have to get to the hospital, see Luke." I said grabbing my bag and trying to head towards the door. Kaitlyn stopped me.
"No, you spend every possible waking moment there! You need a break."
"What if he wakes up." I said.
"Then you will be the first the hospital is going to ring!" she tried to persuade me. I thought for a bit before giving in.

We went to a cafe nearby and ordered. I was fidgety and anxious. Kaitlyn was sympathetic but wanted to talk about it which I knew I couldn't do without crying.
"So is Luke improving?" she said softly. I nodded my head to the side.
"Do they know when he will wake up?" I shook my head this time, feeling the lump form in my throat.
"What's going to happen?" I shrugged my shoulders before burying my face in my hands and starting to cry. Kaitlyn got up intantly and hugged me.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't ask stupid questions," she said apologetically.
"It's not stupid, I'm just overly sensitive." I told her.
"As you should be. Sorry, I needed to know how he was going. Beau won't say anything about it, he's to shaken by it." Kaitlyn explained.
"Beau is shaken don't get me wrong, but he doesn't want to talk about it because he knows he'll break down. He has always been the man of the house, the oldest, the one keeping it all together. He's scared he will fall apart in front of people, he should knwo its okay to." I said wiping my face with a tissue Kaity handed me. Two tears fell down her face as I told her about Beau and everything else that I had been keeping on my chest. Soon enough we had to get back to work and pull ourselves together. At exactly five I raced down stairs to the parking lot and went home. No-one was there so I quickly ate and got into my trackies and went to the hospital.

As I walked into Luke's room I spotted Gina, the boys and about three nurses. I half smiled as I walked in before observing Luke and kissing his forehead, he hadn't moved one bit. I sat next to Gina who had obviously been crying and gave her a hug. Then I looked at Jai and Beau. Beau had been crying and Jai still was. I was shocked. Everyone looked at me symapthetically.
"No." I said holding back sobs. "No, please don't say he's gone." I thought I was going to pass out.
"Not yet baby," Gina said rubbing my back.
"We can only keep Luke on life support for another 4-6 days before we will have to turn in off." the nurse explained. "I'm so sorry."
I put y head to my knees and sobbed, my body shuddering. Gina cried aswell, the boys in pure shock. The nurses left the room after a while. I couldn't believe this. I wouldn't allow them to turn it off, I wouldn't allow myself to watch them turn it off. I didn't sleep at all that night. Jai stayed with me at the hospital, I clung to him for hours yet still felt so alone. I had no choice but to call work in the morning and explain the situation, I was given the day off and luckily the next day was my free one.
Jai woke up and came over to me as I held Luke's hand.
"Want some breakfast?" he asked sleepily.
"Yeah, just grab a 20 from my purse." I told him. Jai searched through my bag for the money.
"Luke please wake up." I begged. No response.
"Luke, please, can you hear me?" I said about to cry. Jai was about to leave the room when I felt the tiny movement of Luke's fingers among my hand.

"Jai wait!" I said getting excited, but I still didn't want to get my hopes up.
"Luke are you there?" I asked. Luke weakly but definitely squeezed my hand. Jai and I beamed happily at each other and I burst into tears of joy and relief. "Go get a nurse!" I urged Jai. I quickly got out my phone and called Gina, she was on her way. A nurse closely followed by Jai came back into the room smiling.
"Okay, so lets see what's happening." she said taking Luke's other hand.
"Hello Luke its Dr Gean here if you can hear me sqeeze your hand as hard as you can." we all watched and waited, finally seeing Luke's hand tighten around hers briefly. The nurse smiled and congratulated us both. "He will eventually wake up completely in maybe half an hour, just give him some time and he will wake up just how he would as normal."
Jai and I couldn't hold back our excitement.

Soon enough Gina and Beau arrived. We all sat on the spare bed talking like how we used to before the disaster in pure happiness. We were in mid conversation when Gina started screaming and crying hysterically, getting up and rushing towards Luke who was laying peacefully awake. Beau and Jai smiled wider than ever and breathed a sigh of relief. I gasped and covered my mouth to drown the squeal of exciement. I ran over to his bed and joined Gina as I hugged him, kissing his cheek repeatedly. Tears streamed down my face as I sa him smile for the first time in what seemed like forever. Now was the terrifying part- did he even remember us? Gina took his hand and looked him in the eye.
"Luke sweetheart, do you remember what happened, do you know who we are?" she asked softly. I crossed my fingers and prayed silently, it was a fifty, fifty chance. Luke blinked then looked around and examined everyone thoughtfully, then he looked at me. His face turned softer and tears spilled down from his face. "Thankgod you're okay," he cried, grabbing my hand and covering his face wih the other. I started to cry as I hugged his delicate body.
"Thankgod you are." I cried. Luke looked around again and spotted Gina.
"I love you mum, I'm sorry."
"Luke hunny, I'm so glad you're okay." she exclaimed, cying again as she held her son. Beau and Jai hugged Luke too. Nurses came in to examine him properly and we all left the room. We were told he would be another few hours do Gina and the boys went to grab some food and stuff to bring to the hospital and would come back when I rang them that Luke was ready.

Slowly the nurses all left the room. I entered cautiously and stood next to Luke's bed. Luke instantly grabbed my hand. I looked at him and smiled.
"How long have you been here?" Luke asked.
"Every night after work."
Luke closed his eyes for a while before opening them and looking at me directly.
"I love you so much. No amount of words are going to get that across, I love you." he managed to say. I smiled tearfully and bent down, softly kissing his lips for the first time in almost two weeks, managing to get a good response back.
"I love you more." I told him as I pushed his hair back. Luke grinned at me adoringly.
"Chinese anyone?" Beau smiled walking through the door wtih Gina and Jai and of course the food. I smirked as I kissed Luke again quickly and squeezed his hand. Finally, after hours of gut wrenching waiting, crying and thinking, he was on the road to recovery.
I had my boyfriend back.