Chapter Nineteen

Very eventful chapter! Hopefully you enjoy it and keep reading and commenting :) Thanks! x

15 votes for chapter 20

Luke and I got home, starving. Jai was still in his room packing and listening to music.
"Rubes?" Luke asked me.
"Yes?"
"Can I change my lunch order to pasta."
"ahaha finee- just let me shower first."
"YAY! I LOVE YOU!" he celebrated. I laughed and walked off to the bathroom. "I'LL START COOKING" Luke said. Oh god- this could go pear shaped. I took my shower, washing off of the sand that stuck to my body. I also wanted to clear my head- bloody hell Luke had kissed me again which had completely baffled me after him telling me about his and Christi's relationship. I decided to ignore it and move on with life pretending that nothing happened. When I got out, I wrapped my towel around me and ran to my room, shutting the door behind me. I put on my bra and undies and searched for my black jeans. i quickly put them on and pulled them up. As I was doing up the button, Luke opened my door and ran into my room unexpectedly. "RUBYYY!!!" He was yelling. I screamed because he gave me such a fright!
"shit sorry!" he said when he saw me. I collapsed on my bed in fits of laughter- I wish we got that on camera. Luke laughed with me aswell. When I had eventually calmed down Luke talked to me.
"I'm sorry I ran in on you in your bra!"
"Whatever, you've seen me in my bikini." I said.
"I only came in to ask how long to cook the pasta for."
"I'll be out soon- just wait for me- I dont want the house being burnt down." I said. Luke chuckled and helped me up off the bed. Suddenly my phone beeped.
"Can you please get that for me?" I asked Luke as I looked through my drawer for a singlet.
"Sure beb." Luke agreed picking up my phone.
"Who's it from?" I said pulling on my singlet.
"Aaron." he told me. I turned around to look at Luke.
"And what does it say???" I said walking towards him and taking my phone from his hand. He had already read it. 'Dinner tonight? x'
I looked at the phone and hesitated for a moment before looking at Luke. "What?!" he exclaimed.
"Can I go Lukey?" I asked childishly. I knew he was weird about me going out with Aaron after what happened at Mason's last time. He was so protective.
"Fine. But you have to be home by 11" he said winking and obviously joking around. "Meet you in the kitchen." Luke said, walking out of my room. I texted Aaron back, agreeing to go for dinner with him. He responded soon after, saying he would pick me up at half past 6. I walked out into the kitchen and pulled out all the ingredients I needed. I managed to make Luke make the milkshakes while I cook the pasta. It was fun cooking with Luke. He was always joking around and dancing while adding ingredients. Lunch was soon ready and Luke, Jai and I sat at the table eating our pasta.
"This is actually so good." said Jai. Beau walked in the door and walked straight into the kitchen to see us eating. "Save some for me?" he asked.
"So nice to see you too Beau!" I said. Beau grabbed a plate and walked to the table giving me a kiss on the cheek before sitting down.
"How was Kaitlyns?" I asked.
"Good." answered Beau, avoiding eye contact.
"Elaborate..." I tried to get more out of him.
"Very good"
"oooohhh" I teased "Tell me more"
"Nothing more to tell" he blushed. What a liar. I would get it out of him at some point! We all finished eating and cleaned up. Gina arrived home in a fluster and set off to her room to pack. Beau and Jai also went to their rooms, packing for their seperate trips.
"Wanna play some table tennis?" Luke asked.
"Ok, but dont be upset when I win." I teased.
"I wont be upset, coz theres no way im losing."
"Bring it Luke." I said following him outside.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - -  - - - -

After winning my table tennis match and a bit of TV, I thought it was time I got ready for dinner with Aaron. I put on my minkpink dress that I had brought from Perth with my small black wedges. My makeup and hair was simple, after all it wasnt a formal date. Wait. Was it even a date? I heard a knock on the door, but I wasnt finished getting ready. One of the boys opened the door- I could hear them talking to Aaron. I quickly grabbed my bag and went out into the lounge room to see Aaron and Luke talking. They both stopped talking when I walked in and looked at me. I felt like a fish out of water. "Hey!" I said breaking the silence.
"Hey. You look so great!" said Aaron, holding me around my waist. My cheeks went a bit red as I felt Luke's eyes burn through me.
"Should we go?" Aaron asked.
"Yep!" I agreed. I hugged Luke good bye and left for dinner.