Chapter Fifty-Six

Okay I'm warning you this is pretty shocking chapter but bare with me! I will try and update as soon as I can sorry this was late again. I'm sorry but Meant To Be will be coming to an end soon but I am excited to say that there will definitely be a sequel! Anyways I hope you enjoy <3
I know I said it would be longer but it didn't work as I planned! x

150 votes for Chapther 57 :) xx

http://ask.fm/rubyhannah

---------------------------------------------

"Just let me see it on you," Luke whined.
"No! You're not meant to- it's a suprise." I laughed bending down to my bed to kiss Luke who had just woken up.
"How will I know what will look good with it then?" Luke challenged.
"Use your judgement." I smiled.
"Please just put it on quickly."
"If you can't do it, you don't have to come," I teased.
"Fine." Luke sighed, going to get dressed. Him and I were going shopping and I wanted to look for accessories for my ball dress. Luke also wanted to get a suit which would be pretty entertaining. I got into my faded high waisted shorts and fitted black high neck top along with my lace up boots and a maroon beanie. I let my hair out and straightened it then drawing a long thin line of liquid eyeliner. Luke came in the room in his maroon jeans and 'my life' shirt.
"Lets go Rubes," He said coming back into my room. I quickly grabbed my bag and phone and followed Luke out of the house. Luke intertwined his fingers in mine as we walked towards the train station. It was an overcast day but it was still pretty warm. Knowing Melbourne it could swing any minute.

We got our tickets and waited, it was about a 10 minute wait until the train came. It wasn't very busy on it at all. Luke hadn't tweeted that he would be in the city for fans, although we planned to meet some anyway. After the train, we got off and walked to the main mall, Luke still holding my hand. "Tux first?" I smiled up at him. Luke groaned but agreed anyway, grinning and kissing my cheek. We walked into the suit shop and asked for a fitting. A guy in his early twenties came out in a pale blue suit and fake peachy flowers tucked in the pocket. His peroxide blonde hair shaped into a quiff. "How are you guys going today?" he asked enthusiastically.
"Good thanks," I smiled at the shop assistant. He eyed Luke,
"I'm Tay, How can I help you?" he asked. Luke looked at me waiting for the explanation. I rolled my eyes at him. "We have our ball coming up and Luke needs a suit." I told the guy.
"Oohh, and this is your girlfriend?" he directed at Luke.
"Yeah" Luke smirked.
"Damn he's taken." The shop assistant said only half joking. "Let me go get my stuff." he said going out the back. As he disapeared Luke started to chuckle. "Ruby, we have to leave."
"No Luke! Tay still needs to measure you." I laughed quickly kissing him before sitting in the seat in front of the platform Luke had to stand on. Tay came out with the measuring tape and moved Luke by his hips to face him. He got the measuring tape, and started taking Luke's measurements. I couldn't help but take a picture- Luke was standing there trying herd not to laugh- I had to say he was doing pretty well. It was when Tay started humming and measuring his legs that I had to take deep breaths to assure I would'nt laugh. Tay stood up and smiled at us both "I'll go get your suit." he announced before walking back off. Luke smiled and closed his eyes, pinching the top of his nose and shaking his head as I silently giggled. Tay came out minutes later with a black and navy blue suit. Luke chose the black one and got a silver tie to match the beading on my dress. We held it in store so that we could colect it on the way home.

Next was accessories. I dragged Luke all over the place trying to find the perfect things to go with my dress. Most of the day we had just mucked around and taken stupid pictures which always ended up happening when I went shopping with Luke. Some fans approached Luke for photos so we went for lunch and a boost with them before they left.
We got back to 'shopping' and tried to match some accessories with my dress. I finally found a thin silver lace bangle and diamonte earrings, I would wear a ring that I already had. The simpler the better. Luke and I went back to pick up his tux and called Beau to see if he could pick us up- the station was packed and we would have to walk home in the rain with Luke's suit. We waited for Beau at our organised spot, a few other fans approaching us. It was amazing how much the boys had achieved and how they had become so well known in such a short amount of time.

Beau didn't take long to get into Melbourne. He tooted the horn loudly and Luke and I got into the car in embarassment. The drive homw wasn't too bad but it was still busier than usual.
"So Frankies party is still going ahead tonight?" Luke asked Beau.
"Yeah, I'm going there early to set up and Jai's flying out with James and Norm to Sydney."
"Skip's going isn't he?" Luke questioned.
"Yeah, he's setting up aswell. Aparently its going to be huge." Beau seemed pretty excited.
"Still wanna go?" Luke asked turning around to face me.
"Only if you are."
"See how we feel yeah?" Luke suggested. I agreed and smiled.
"You two are party poopers." Beau complained. "What are you gonna do? stay home and make-out?"
"Probably." Luke admitted flashing a cheeky smile in my direction. I laughed and shook my head at the boys bickerring.
"Is Kaity going?" I asked Beau.
"Yeah I'll pick her up before I go." he told me.
"You'll pick her up alright." Luke muttered under his breath causing Beau to punch him in the side of the arm. I hated it when they started hitting each other even if it was just them playing around. They didn't know their own strength and someone always ended up getting pissed off. Luckily Beau turned into our street and we got home. Luke got his tux from the seat next to me and took my hand as I wriggled out. Beau rolled his eyes. "Are you guys always this loved up?" he teased.
"You really wanna know?" I joked. Beau made a straight path to the front door and walked briskly inside making Luke and I laugh.

Luke and I got inside and put everything away and got a video set up on my laptop in my room. Luke and I went into the kitchen and stashed up on food cooking popcorn, getting the leftovers and grabbing any chocolate that was in the house. We started watching the O.C from the beginning seeing as it was both Luke and my favourite. It was around 5:30 when Beau came in the room and stole a huge hanful of our food.
"You fat fuck!" Luke groaned at him.
"I'm off!" Beau said shoving a hanful of popcorn into his mouth. "Please come later on! PLEASE!"
"If we feel like it okay," Luke whined engulfing me in a hug and laying back on the bed with me.
"Whatever but you know I'll cry if you aren't there." Beau shouted form the front door.
"BYE BEAU" I shouted as he walked towards the door. The party was still a few hours away so we had a while to decide what we wanted to do, until then we just cuddled and watched our show.

It was 15 minutes until the party officially started but it  wasn't something that we had to be right on time to. Luke turned my body around so that I was facing him, he was too irresistable not to kiss.
"Should we go?" he asked.
"Yeah why not?" I smirked back at him. We both got up and ready. Luke just grabbed a jumper and I redid my makeup and got a cardi. "Should I dress up more?" I asked worriedly.
"You look beautiful,"
"You would say that to me if I was wearing a paper bag."
"Trust me." Luke said holding me softly by my waist and kissing my lips. He has such a beautiful soul. Luke and I made our way to the car through the light shower of rain. Luke held his jumper over the top of me so I wouldn't get to wet, he honestly was the cutest. He ran around to the other side and quickly closed the door. I caught him by suprise by leaning across and kissing him passionately.
"I love you." I whipered inbetween kisses.
"I love you," Luke said, smiling in return. "You know we don't have to go to this party." He spoke stroking my jawline with his thumb.
"Just think, if we do, there's something to look forward to later." I giggled. Luke chuckled and started the car. Luke reversed from the driveway and we got on our way. It was about a 25 minute drive from Glenroy and the rain was now puring down - luckily it was at a hall.

We got onto the main road and turned on the lights. It was hard to see ahead but hopefully the rain would stop or at least reduce soon. Luke adjusted the aircon and radio before geting comfortable driving. Cars with headlights beaming came ahead making us temporarily blind before they sped off in the other direction. Luke put the windscreen wipers in a higher speed but still the rain bucketed down making the car ride extremely frustrating. I was quiet on the road for a while, not many other cars. We got over the hill and onto flat road before we saw a large pair of flashlights on highbeam coming straight for us. Everything from there was hazy. All I remember was Luke's arms wrapped around my body, then darkness. My whole world was pitch black.

I woke briefly, my vision blurred. I only half caught onto what had just happened. Two people at my side rushed me into an abulance as I layed helpless and pained on a stretcher. My whole body ached, I could see a lot of blood covering parts of my body. Through the light rain I could see part of what was left of the demolished car, a truck and the red and blue lights flashing urgently. I couldn't wrap my head around any of it. This couldn't be happening. Then something even more painful hit me. Not like the bruises or cuts that covered my body, something so much more excruciating. My heart felt as though it had been torn violently out from my body, my head was dizzy- my whole world was falling apart. "Luke." I managed to speak. My mind was raging, but I struggled to call his name. Everytime I tried, no words but a scream would come out.
"Wheres Luke?!" I cried. My lips were weak and the words came out slurred. The people surrounding me ignored me completely, continuing to prepare whatever they were going to give me to be treated. I tried as hard as I could to sit up only to be pressed softly back down by a nurse by my side. I looked at her in desperation and sadness.
"Where is Luke?" my voice broke as I tried to fight the lump in my throat. She looked at me tearfully, like she was about to answer me, before ripping apart the eye contact, closing the back door and instructing the driver to go. I shuddered in tears as people fussed around me, worried about my safety and my injuries when all I could really think or care about was if Luke was still alive. It was the last thought that played in my mind disturbingly before I blacked out again. Utter darkness.