Chapter Fifty

Hey everyone, hoped you enjoyed the Bonus chapter! thanks for all of your lovely comments :) Hope you like this chapter, I know it isn't very eventful but it's a start to the new idea I have!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY <3

100 votes for Chapter 51 xo

-----------------------------------------------------

I stood in front of the mirror and adjusted my school dress that hung stubbornly. My red Penola knit jumper on top. I looked atrotious. I put on some eyeliner and mascara to hopefully make myself look better but I had honestly got to the point where I didn't care what peopl thought. My boyfriend thought I looked alright, that was all I really cared about. I straightened my hair and put it into a messy ponytail. I looked at the ugly shoes that were at the end of my bed, sighing as I sat down to put them on. My phone started ringing from my bedside table. I walked over to answer the call.
"Hey babe."
"Looking forward to your first day at Penola?" Luke teased.
"Yeah," I lied.
"You are fibbing." Luke said. "I can tell when you are, your voice goes all high pitched." I laughed because it was true.
"I'm just nervous."
"Don't be" assured Luke "You're gonna be fine."
"I knoww. Can't wait to see you." I changed the topic.
"I'll be looking as sexy as ever in my blazer." he joked
"Yeah I bet you will be." I giggled. "I'll meet you at the train station in 20 yeah?"
"Yep, see tou then. I love you."
"Love you too." I said before hanging up. Luke didn't sound to nervous. I think he was happy about going back to school to overcome the drugs. The medication was working really well and Gina had organised for me to move back in AGAIN early next month so I super pumped for that. I looked at the time and thought it would probably be good to walk to the station, it didn't matter if I was a bit early. I grabbed an apple on the way out and said goodbye to everyone, Josh and Mary went to a different school and were being driven, Something that Rochelle wouldn't offer me. I shot out the door and walked to the staion with my ipod in. A few other kids from Penola walked my way and gave me funny looks, they obviously knew I was new. I got to the station to find Luke and James already waiting there with a group of what looked like year 10s surrounding them. I squeezed through the crowd getting dirty look from the girls as I greeted Luke with a short kiss. "Guys this is Ruby." James introduced me. "Her and Luke are the cutest couple of the year." he laughed.
"I thought you were joking when you said she was your girlfriend." ONe of the girls remarked. Luke laughed "No" he shook his head. The girls looked me up and down and I couldn't help but feel really awkward and out of place. "Right." I said breaking the silence as the girls still examined me as though I was a rare breed of funghi attached to Luke. "I'm going to get a coffee." I said smiling fakely and walking off. I got about halfway to the stand before Luke grabbed my arm from behind me. I turned aroung to face him. "You alright?" he asked pushing my hair away from my face softly.
"Yeah of course, I'm sorry I just am getting anxious."
"Ignore what people say Ruby. About you, me about us. All that matters is what we do and our buisness." he said reading my mind. I smiled and gave him a hug. "wanna share a large drink?" Luke smirked. I smiled and nodded as he took my hand and led me to the line. We had got outr drink and gone back to James who was still surrounded by some of the girls.
"Is that Ruby?" one of them asked Luke, completely ignoring me.
"Yeah." he smiled as he snaked his arm around my waist.
"But remember last year when you agreed to marrying me in the future?" she smiled evily
"Yeah I'm sorry but I don't think its gonna work out that way any more." Luke laughed as he squuezed me tighter. The girl laughed but seemed really pissed off about my presense. Finally the train arrived and we all boarded. I sat next to Luke on the outside, Luke on the window side. We were talking when sudenly a girl who looked a bit younger that us came and sat right in between us, turning her back to me and focusing on Luke. "I am SO excited you are back at school Lukey!" she squealed. "So like, what classes do you have, hope we are together it would be SO much fun." she giggled. Luke smiled politely and tried to dodge around her to look at me. The girl laughed and kept talking to Luke in her annoying whiney voice. I looked behind me to find a spare seat across from James. I picked up my bag and left, I could hear Luke call out after me but I decided to ignore it, it was no use sitting there and being ignored. I dumped my bag on the floor and slumped in my seat. James chuckled a bit. "It's a bit hectic isn't it?" I nodded. "It's not usually this crazy, it's just Luke is coming back to school and everyone is fangirlling." he laughed.
"People keep looking at me like I am some kind of dirty animal."
"A dirty pig?"
"Yeah." I chuckled. Luke came to our row of seat and frowned at me playfully.
"Are you trying to run away from me?" he teased. I giggled and shook my head.
"Good." Luke chuckled as he sat on my lap. People kept looking at us and I found it really awkward being able to hear what girls were saying about me and Luke.
"I heard she's cheating on him." one of them said bitchily.
"Wouldn't suprise me." said the other. I turned around and looked at the girls, smiling.
"Sorry what was that?" I smiled fakely.
"Oh nothing." said the first girl caught by suprise. I rolled my eyes and turned around to find Luke and James giggling. "Getting fired up babe?"
"Oh god yeah." I laughed
"Just ignore them." he told me. I smiled and kissed Luke making the girls behind me to go crazy. FINALLY it was our stop. We got off quickly and walked into school hand in hand. James found Tim and went off to his first class. Luke and I went to pick up our timetables from the office and compared them to one another. Thankfully I had english and Maths with Luke, but no other subjects which we were kind of upset about. We went to English together and were told to not hold hands by a teacher on morning patrol. I raised my eyebrows as I held onto my books with now two hands. The whole english class looked at me as though I had just killed someone as I alked into the classroom with Luke. The desks were separeted but we managed to find two right nexxt to each other, sitting down and getting my stuff ready. I hadn't been at school in a year and being in a classroom again was so weird. A girl tapped Luke in the shoulder and spoke quietly "Is that your girlfriend?"
"Yeah." he confirmed looking at me. I pretended not to hear and started doodling on the front of my book. The siren went and the teacher started the lesson. "Welcome back Luke." he said walking past. He then looked at me. "And welcome new students." I looked down and avoided people's stares. "What is this?" he asked me pointing at the drawings on my book.
"Just decorating it sir." I replied a few sniggers filled the room.
"Sribble is not tolerated at this school. This is a warning." he said walking back to the front of the class. I raised my eyebrows and tried to concentrate. The class dragged on and I quickly remembered the reason why I left school. I turned to Luke. "When does this class finish?"
"Half an hour."
"Ughhhh" I groaned as the teacher walked past. Bad timing.
"Is something wrong?"
"Nope."
"Then why the groaning?" The teacher hissed.
"I just want this class to be over." I said louder then intended. The whole class including Luke started laughing.
"Keep your thoughts to yourself Miss Williams." the teacher commented.
"Yup." I said sarcastically.
"I am getting tired of your cheek." The teacher turned to me.
"What cheek? I challenged forgetting for a moment that I was in school.
"So now you're going to answer back are you?"
"It's a free country." I muttered under my breath.
"That's it. Go to the office, I've had enough of you." I picked up my books, I could feel every person looking at me in the room. The teacher escorted me to the office without a word spoken. He sat me outside the dean's office and I waited until the siren went. She looked at me and let it go, "Take it as a warning, Off to your next class." I got up and left, looking at my timetable and map as I walked towards the gym for PE. "Watch it." said a girl who I recognised from the station earlier as she nudged roughly past me. I finally found the gym and got changed, walking in and sitting on the bench by myself. A relief teacher took the class and set up a game of dodgeball, trying to knock over the cones behind us. I participated, half hearted, I honestly couldn't be bothered. A girl on the other side who's name I gathered to be Charlotte kept ditching balls directly at me instaed of the targets. I saw that she was the girl from the train today and obviously had something against me dating Luke. The teacher blew the whistle and I looked to the side before recieving a ball to the side of my face. "OW!" I exclaimed.
""Oops, my bad." giggled Charlottle. I walked off the court and grabbed my stuff without the teacher seeming to care, I had had enough of this shit. I was walking into the bathroom when a girl about my height, straight brown hair and green eyes tapped my shoulder. "Hey, are you alright?" she spoke, she didn't seem fake or bitchy like the other girls.
"Yeah just a bit of concussion. The usual punishment for dating Luke." I snickered. The girl laughed aswell. "You must be Ruby?"
"How did you know."
"I'm Lili, I hang out with James and the rest of our crew. Luke used to hang out with us aswell before he left. James told me you were starting at Penola." she said. I smiled at Lili, she was really friendly. I quickly got changed and fixed my hair. Lili lent me some of her make up to cover up where Charlotte had hit me. The siren for recess went and Lili led me to the 'traditional' lunch table as she called it. James and Tyla were already sitting there and greeted us as we joined them. "So you're a Penola girl now Ruby." laughed Tyla. "Back to school!" he chimed still laughing, he knew how much I despised it.
"haha very funny mate." I joked. Suddenly I felt a pair of hands cover my face. I smiled and turned around to see my gorgeous boyfriend. "Hey beautiful." Luke said kissing my cheek as he sat down.
"Hey there."
"How was sport." he asked.
"Apart from being Charlotte's dodgeball target, it was alright. I met Lili." I said
"Hey Lil," Luke slimed at her.
"Well are you okay?" Luke asked me.
"Yeah." I said, not wanting to know about the incident.
"Are you serious Ruby?! She hit you right in the face!" Lili exclaimed.
"Silly little bitch" Luke spoke about Charlotte as he kissed the side of my face. The rest of recess was fun, it was good that I got to meet some new people although I already knew heaps of them from before. Later I had maths with Luke and hem science with James. The last two periods I had cooking with Tyla, Bridget and Aaron and then dance with Lili. Apart from being whacked in the face and sent out of class, I thought it was an aright first day. I said goodbye to everyone and waited for Luke at my locker. "Well, well, well, look who it is!" said a familiar voice. I cringed and turned around to see Chad and all of his druggie football friends.
"Hey, it's the faggot of the century." I snarled back.
"Did you have to come back to school because you finally realised that you will need a good education to support yourself because I guarantee Luke won't be a great help with that Janoskians shit."
"Actually Chad, I already earn my own money with the high paying job that I moved to Melbourne for, and Luke is doing just fine with the earnings from his single and MTV show and everything else people are wanting him to take part in, but thanks for your concern."
Chad's friends laughed at him before following him away from me and out of the school gates. I rolled my eyes before being swept into a hug by two familiar arms. I kissed Luke with no shame and smiled. People were looking and whispering about us, but I really couldn't give two shits. Luke took my hand and led me out of school, talking about our first day back. I was so exhausted and now I had to do a six hour shift at work. Beau picked us up and drove me to work. "Don't look." I told Beau sternly as I took my work clothes out of my bag and got changed in the back. Luke laughed at me struggling to get into my tight jeans and I'm sure many other people we were passing did too. I got my work bag that Beau had brought for me and kissed Luke goodbye, running into work before I was late. Because I was working different  shifts afterschool, the people I usually worked with weren't there anymore which kind of upset me. I missed Kaitlyn. There really wasn't much to be done as there wasn't a shoot on so I got some spare time. I logged into facebook on my phone to find 76 new friend requests. I logged out ignoring them all. My twitter account was going crazy aswell with people asking me stuff about my first day. I looked through my mentions realising how much hate I recieved, it got me down a bit. I logged out of that too and put my head in my hands. I had school again tomorrow which I was dreading, although I wanted to help Luke, I wanted to do it without having to go back to school. I know I comitted to doing this with him, but I really wasn't sure if I could. I moved to Melbourne for my career, I left school because I wanted to give this job my all and now with everything going on- the rushing the stressing, late shifts, I didn't think I would be able to do it. But then there was beautiful Luke who I had to stay strong for, if I left and he didn't improve I wouldn't be able to live with myself. My stomach grumbled, I hadn't eaten since luch and wouldn't for still another 3 hours when I get home. I really couldn't do this. I went into the toilet block and sat on he closed seat letting my tears stream down. There was no-one I could talk to without disappointing them. After a few minutes I cleaned myself up and checked out early, faking a sickie. Rochelle came to pick me up and took me home. We got inside and again I burst out crying, a suprised Rochelle came to my aid, hugging and consoling me. Even though I had my rough patches with Rochelle, I know deep down she cared. "Come on love." she said leading me upstairs, I ended up telling her all of my worries. Work, school, stressing, rushing, bitches, sleep patterns, Luke- everything. She nodded and undestood. "Give it one month Ruby." she spoke when I was done. "One month and if you don't like it, I will get you out of there. We all know you don't want to be at school! Even Luke does, so don't torture yourself for a year, remember you have to look after you aswell." she gave me advice. I smiled and nodded, I was actually really thankful that Rochelle listened and helped me. I would give it one month and if I was still miserable, it was bye bye Penola.

-------------------------------------------

Lili (character)- @lilistjames