Chapter Forty-Four

Dramatic Chapter! Sorry I had to cram it all into that one kind of scene! It is sad but don't worry, the story gets happier soon! Hope you enjoy <3

95 votes for Chapter 45 :)

------------------------------------------

Luke and I woke up at around time, he stirred closer to me and smiled sleepily giving me a soft morning kiss on the cheek. I giggled and turned towards him. The white sunlight from the early morning shone through my open window and laid upon our bodies under the sheets. Luke squinted slightly at the light that danced upon his face as he smiled at me. I couln't belive how someone so beautiful and gentle could do something as harmful and destructive as heroin. I knew he wasn't completely dependant on it, but if he didn't stop now, chances are he will be. Luke pulled my body closer to his and emraced me in the sweetest hug. "Luke." I said quietly.
"Yes princess?" he whispered back as he kissed my forehead.
"Please tell me truthfully. Are you back on those drugs?" I asked, already knowing the answer. There was a long, intense pause as Luke thought.
"No!" Luke exclaimed as though I had said something completely unrealistic. He let out a small chuckle."Don't worry about me babe. I'm just fine." he told me. I smiled and nodded, but I couldn't help but worry. When you love someone as much as I loved Luke, it was a natural instinct to worry. The last thing I wanted to see was Luke getting hurt- or worse- loosing him for good.
I got out of bed and searched through my cupboard. "Where going?" Luke said groggily.
"Work." I groaned.
"Can't you stay with me a liiiittttle longer?" he teased.
"I would if I could babe."
"Just come here." Luke winked. I obeyed him, walking over to the bed and standing beside hime. He untagled his hands from the covers and joinded them in mine. He softly tugged at them, pulling my body down towards him. I soflty kissed his lips, slowly and carefully. Luke's tongue traced the outside of my lips, slowly gaining entry into my mouth. I let go of Luke's warm hands and placed them on his bare chest, climbing over and sitting on his hips. Luke held my waist as we continued to kiss, eventually creeping his hands up my shirt, his fingers tracing up and down my spine. I gave Luke one last kiss and slowly pulled away. "I really have to get ready." I smiled apologetically. Luke sighed.
"Fine." he said rolling his eyes cheekily. I teased him by starting a kiss then going back towards the cupboard. Luke groaned in disappointment as I left the bed. I pulled on my bright patterned dress from minkpink and put it with some small black wedges. I pulled my hair into a messy bun with minimal make-up and grabbed my bag. Luke was still in bed, on his phone and occasionally watching me. I went over to him and bent down giving him a peck on the lips. "Gotta go babe." I said softly.
"Love you." he said as he tried for one more kiss.
"Love you too." I smiled walking towards the door.
"And Ruby," Luke called just as I was walking out. I turned to look at him. "You look amazing." he smirked. I smiled back and blew him a kiss. I got in the car and checked my phone. Already clients were calling me and I hadn't even started yet. I could tell it was going to be a long day ahead.

I got to work and phone calls were already coming in. I couln't believe how busy it was. Everyone at the headquarters was in a fluster trying to prepare for the photoshoot that Kaity and I had to style the models for. "Ruby!" called Bethan. "Anne the photographer has called in sick! We need you to arrange another one!" she said in a fluster.
"When does the shoot start?!"
"One hour." she admitted. I groaned and quickly walked to the office and called a back up photographer who agreed to work after much persuation. I went upstairs to the set of the shoot where Kaity had already started. I joined her and we finally got a chance to start work and have a chat. Our break wasn't until the shoot was starting. Instead of staying and watching, we escaped the chaos and went to a cafe. We ordered our food and drinks and started talking. "So are you coming Laykn's gatho tonight?" she asked.
"what's it for?" I asked.
"He's going to Europe for 6 months."
"Luke hasn't told me about it?" I said confused.
"Really? He was there when we were told." Kaity explained. I started to think the worst in my head before  Kaitlyn interupted. "I'm sure he just forgot. Ask him when you get home." she said. I smiled and agreed. I'm sure he had just forgotten.
That afternoon I got home and flopped on the couch. "Tired babe?" Gina asked me. I let out a heavy sigh and nodded. She giggled and stroked my forehead. "Hey love." she said softly to me. "Do you reckon Luke has been acting strangely the last few days?" she asked. I nodded.
"I'm so worried about him. I don't wan't him going back to his old habits."she said shedding a tear. I put my arm around her and kissed her cheek. "He will be fine Gina. Whatever happens, we'll get through it. I will always be here when ever you or Luke, or any of the boys need it." I reassured her.
"You are a sweethart." she smiled and hugged me back. "He put me through hell last time." she whispered coldly. "If he gets addicte again that's it. His career, fans, money, friends, everything- gone." she sounded annoyed now.
"Gina we just have to get him off it early. The sooner the better." I said. Gina nodded.
"Just keep an eye on him for me yeh?" I nodded and gave her another squeeze before going to find Luke who was in his room watching a movie.
"Home." I said laying on Jai's bunk.
"Yayyy!" Luke celebrated, climbing down the ladder and sprawling next to me.
"Luke ar you going to Lakyn's tonight?" I asked suddenly.
"Yeh."he said. There was an awkward pause.
"Can I come with you?" I asked. Honestly I didn't want to go out, but Gina wanted me to keep an eye out on Luke and I didn't want him up to anything.
"I don't know." he said.
"Why?"
"Well you can, but Chad is going to be there. That's why I didn't tell you. I wanted you to be safe." he said.
"I'm safe as long as I'm with you babe" I said kissing him.
"Let's get ready then." he smiled.
We slipped into my room to get ready. Apparently it was just a small gathering so I reapplied my makeup and went as I was. Beau was coming with us but Jai was staying home with Gina. Beau drove there and parked. Luke walked in as I held Beau back giving him the instruction to keep an eye on Luke. He agreed and piggybacked me into the backyard. Everyone was just hanging around. Some people in and some out. We talked and danced for ages before Beau nudged my side. I looked at him and he pointed towards two figures walking inside. Luke and Chad. Beau got up and walked in. I quikly got up and followed him, walking briskly. I was worried sick. I caught up to Bea and nervously touched his arm looking up at him. "Everything will be okay." he consoled me rubbing my shoulder. I walked down the dim hallway. "LUKE!" I called walking quickly. "WHERE ARE YOU." I yelled almost angrily. Beau opened every door until he finally reached the one where Luke and Chad were in. I ran up to the door to see Luke. Sitting on te couch was a semi drunk Luke, a cigarette in his hand. Chad had a needle inbetwen them both. They both jumped when Beau slammed open the door, Chad about to give Luke the needle. "DON'T YOU DARE" I shouted in rage and Chad. I ran into the room and pushed him away. "LUKE, GET UP NOW." I demaned, trying to pull his arm. Beau was trying to calm everything down. I was so furious there was no way I was calming down. I grabbed the needle from Chad and gave it to Beau who quickly went out of the room to throw it.
"RUBY I NEED THAT!" he yelled at me.
"No! Luke you don't!"
"GIVE IT BACK!"
"I am doing this for you!" I screamed at him.
"NO, YOU'RE JUST MAKING MY CRAVINGS WORSE" he yelled violently. I was too angry to feel scared. Beau came back into the room and grabbed Luke over his shoulder, grasping him tightly. He threw me the car keys and we left the house, Luke kicking and yelling frustrated over Beau's shoulder. I got into the drivers seat while Beau tried to calm Luke down in the back. I started the car and started driving home. Luke was still screaming at us. "DO YOU WANT ME TO BE FUCKING DEPRESSED?"
"No Luke, just calm down okay." Beau tried to reason with him.
"TAKE ME BACK. YOU TWO OBVIOUSLY DON'T CARE FOR WHAT IS BEST FOR ME." ouch. That kind of stung.
"That's why we aren't taking you back." Beau explained. Luke stopped struggling away and sat quiet in the back. I felt terrible for Luke. Not angry at him. Just worried sick about him.
We all got out of the car, Luke refusing to come inside.
"Take me back." Luke demanded. Beau and I stood there and ignored him. "I said take me back, I can feel my cravings coming back badly. TAKE ME BACK." he said getting louder.
"You aren't going back. Get inside." Beau said stifly.
"Ruby. You know what's best for me. I fyou wanted me to be happy you would give me what I wanted and take me back to Chad's wouldn't you?" Luke snarled. I looked up at Luke, ready to give in but I couldn't let Gina down. I looked back at the ground. "Get inside the house Luke." I spoke without looking at him. Luke shook his head and went inside.
"Fucking bitch." he muttered. Beau grabbed his shirt and held Luke's face close to his. "Get inside and shut your stupid trap." he said furiously. I know Luke didn't mean what he was saying at the time, it was just out of anger, so I ignored it and went inside after the boys. Beau took Luke to his room and tried to distract him from his cravings, by now he was sweating and getting really angry. I went into the house searching for Gina. "Looking for mum?" Jai asked. I nodded. "Just got called for an emergency shift. I quickly grabbed the phone and dialled her number. She answered and listened to everything. "I'll be home in five." she said frantically. "make sure he doesn't hurt himself." she said in tears. I could hear her running to her car. I hung up and went to have a look at how Beau and Luke were going. Luke groaned on the floor as Beau sat next to him with his arm draped over his shoulders. How could Luke go from being so good to this terrible in so little time? Jai and I sat in the loungeroom nervously, hardly one word spoken. Seven minutes had passed and Gina burst through the door, going straight to Luke's room. "My baby! Are you okay!?" she exclaimed. I could hear crys and worried expressions coming from Luke's room. Gina came out and went into the kitchen, boiling the kettle. "Ruby," she spoke. I looked up. "Luke wants to see you." As I walked down the hall I prepared myself for what I was going to see. It was worse than I expected. Luke held his knees to his chest and was madly sweating. Beau left the room as I entered. I ran over to Luke and he burst into tears. Definitely not what I expected. "I'm so sorry." he cried in pain as I knelt in front of him. "I'm a terrible boyfriend. I just want to be happy for you." he sobbed.
"Luke don't say that! you are an amazing boyfriend! I just want you healthy and happy, no drugs. I am begging you to stop." I exclaimed, trying not to cry in front of Luke. I needed to stay stong.
"Please just stay with me. Don't leave me." he cried into his hands. "I don't want you to leave me Ruby."
"I'm here forever." I told him.
"You're not angry?"
"Not one bit. I just want you healthy." I admitted, giving him a kiss.
"Never leave me." he repeated for the hundreth time. Luke held my hand tightly and kissed me back. I helped sit Luke up onto Jai's bed and layed down next to him. Stroking his hand with my thumb reassuringly. It didn't take long for Luke to fall asleep, I crept into the kitchen and sat at the table, resting my head in my hands. Gina sat next to me and sighed. "He's not half as bad as last time." she admitted. "We've gotta get him sorted out really soon." she said raising her eyebrows. I nodded and closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep.

2 DAYS LATER

I sat in my room, working on my laptop when Gina came in and sat on the end of my bed. "Ruby." she spoke softly. I looked up at Gina's worried expression. "I'm so sorry, this is all out of my control."
"What is it Gina?"
She sighed before speaking. "This is your last week here until Luke is sorted." My whole body froze.
"What? But. Where will I go?! Why can't I stay?"
"It's against the legal rules for you to stay in a household with drugs involved. I have another homestay family close by for you to stay and you are welcome to return when Luke is healthy."
"I can handle this! Know one will know I'm here! PLease I have to stay" I begged.
"Luke is really unwell Ruby. He refuses to get profesional help and I ha to use you as a goal. As horrible as it sounds, it is the only thing that will work." she admitted.
"Gina I don't think you understand. I told Luke I would support him."
"I'm not saying you can't see each other, just living apart for a while. I promise It will help him. He will be his normal self sooner than you know." she said. I disapproved of this plan, but I wanted what was best for Luke and easiest for Gine.
"Okay." I croaked.
"I'm sorry goregous! I promise, his recovery will be quick, he isn't fully dependant- you don't even need to take evrything with you! Just please don't tell Luke or he will go crazy." I nodded and Gina left the room. Once she had gone I turned and faced my pillow, letting all of my tears escape. I wasn't hurt by what was happening, but the fact that I told Luke I would never leave him but now was forced to. I guess I wouldn't be gone for long, but the fact that I was away from Luke in the time he needed me the most was what killed me. 'He's going to get better.' I repeated to myself. I knew it was true. Soon I would have my happy, healthy boyfriend back and I guess Gina knew what was best, having gone through it before wih him. I had to trust her plan and go with it. Luke was my main priority and he had to get better before it got out of hand.