Chapter Eight

Luke and I sat on my bed talking. We hadn't talked about what had happened between us for almost three days now. Jai and Beau were home but were taking off for Sydney with the Janoskians manager in a few days. As for me, I was going home to Perth tomorrow for three days to celebrate my nonna's birthday. It was the first time I had gone home since I moved to Melbourne and I was looking forward to seeing all of my family and friends again. But that meant leaving Luke alone in the house. Gina had extened her Sydney trip to be with Beau and Jai when they arrived so I would not see her for another few days even after I get back. As well as this, I had to style a model on set this afternoon.
"What's going through your mind beautiful?" Luke asked. He always said that- even before the kiss. Not that the kiss really meant much. Well I thought it did but Luke hadn't brought it up in ages so I assumed the kiss was just a one-off thing.
"What's not going through my head." I said burying my head in my hands. There was so much going on in my life at the moment that I was getting really flustered.
"Don't get stressed love, Im here if you need help" said Luke shuffling over and putting his arm around me. I rested my head against his shoulder. He was still my best friend and nothing had gone wierd between us. My phone started ringing. I looked at the reader ID- Ryan. Oh god. It was Ryan. Ex-boyfriend Ryan. Ryan that used to be my bestfriend. I hadn't spoken to him since he moved to the UK- when we broke up on skype. I looked at Luke who knew all about him. "speaker" Luke mouthed to me. I answered the call and put it on speaker feeling sick. Luke could obviously see that, he held my hand. "Hello?" I said nervously.
"Hey Ruby, it's me Ryan!"
"Yeh, I know" I said confused.
"I heard you were coming back to Perth soon."
"In a few days I am, how did you know?" WTF?!
"I'm in Perth! Stuff gets around fast."
"Aren't you supposed to be in England?"
"My contract ended." he said coldly. Ryan had moved to England to play soccer - it basically tore our relationship apart. I knew it wasn't his fault though. "Anyways," he continued "We should really catch up when you get home- its been ages." Yeh, I thought- the last time I saw you was when we were kissing for the last time before you left.
"Uhm, yeh, okay?" I sounded like an idiot.
"Okay!" he said sounding keen. "I'll text you with all the details and you just confirm."
"Alright" how on earth had I gotten myself into this?
"Bye!!" said Ryan.
"Bye" I replied. I was just about to hang up when he stopped me.
"Oh and Ruby?"
"Yes?"
"I miss you." he said. I didn't know what to say.
"Bye." I repeated then hung up. I stared at the phone for a few seconds. A tear ran down my face. Before I could even react, Luke wiped it away. "Please don't cry." he almost begged.
"I'm sorry" I said. "im over him. It's just that was the first time we had spoken since we broke up. It's never easy." Another tear rolled down my cheek. Luke pulled me up. I was amazed by his strength. He sat me in his lap, my legs around his waist. I was still facing him. "You are the strongest, nicest, most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life. Don't let Ryan ruin that." I blinked and a third tear rolled down my face. Luke ever so gently kissed it and then leaned his forehead against mine. I put my arms around his neck and held him there. After a few minutes, Luke spoke. "C'mon, I'll help you pack for home." We sat there packing for at least an hour. Luke would hold up clothes and I would agree or disagree. He played around and was being so cute and silly. I had forgotten about Ryan within minutes. Luke was such a good friend. Once I had finished packing, we collapsed on my bed. Beau came to the door. We both knew perfectly well what he was about to do. "PLEASE DONT HURT ME!!" I screamed as he dove on the bed inbetween us. "Why would I hurt you?" he asked starting to tickle me. I squirmed and sqeeled trying to protect myself with pillows. "AW RUBY I WILL MISS YOU" said Beau.
"AND I'LL MISS YOU TOO BEAU BEAU" I said.
"I'm only joking, I really can't wait for you to leave." He teased. I hit him with a pillow.

THREE DAYS LATER

We were at the airport, all four of us- Beau, Jai, Luke and I. "I will miss you boys so much!" They each responed and showered me with hugs. My flight to Perth was boarding. "Luke are you crying?!" Jai shouted.
"NO, I just have something in my eye dickhead." It was easy to see that he was getting teary. I gave him a huge long hug. As I pulled him closer he whispered so the others couldn't hear. "I love you." I sqeezed him tighter to let him know I heard. "I'd better go!" I told them. I gave each of them one last hug before boarding the plane. Once I was in my seat, I grabbed out my phone. "Look after each other you ratbags x" I put, sending it to all of them. They responded with sneaky photos of Luke upset and all sorts of messages. I typed "Miss you, can't wait to get back!" I looked in my recent contacts and sent it off. A few minutes later I got a text back from all three of them and an extra one from Ryan. "Miss you too! Can't wait to see your pretty face :)" Oh shit. Shit, shit,shit. I had sent it to Ryan aswell! Why was he in my recently used contacts?!? ARGGGHHH. The plane took off and I tried to work out all of my issues. Luke, Aaron, Ryan. Ahahahh good try, I thought to myself. This mess was going to take longer than a five hour flight to work out!