Chapter Fifty-Five

Sorry it's really late! It's kind of a filler chapter again. I will try reply to all of this week and last weeks comments- thanks for all your suggestions! I love them and it's given me heaps of ideas for the future :) ANND I will be posting my new fan fic once Meant To Be is complete. I think thats all! Thankyouu all you beautiful people again <3

130 votes for Chapter 56 xx

-----------------------------------------------------------

Luke and I had been home for a few hours. I was still pretty down about leaving Perth, but more angry at the fact that Chad was still bugging me. I went into my room where Luke was laying peacefully on his back, his iPod in and his eyes closed. His eyes opened as I entered the room and planted a soft kiss on his cheek. "Where are you going?" he asked curiously.
"Just running down to the shops, I'll be 15 minutes max"
"Want me to come?"
"No it's fine, I won't be long- theres no point." I said. Luke nodded and smiled.
"Love you,"
"Love you more!" I called out as I left the room. I grabbed my keys and left the house, running through the rain to my car. Reversing out of the drieveway, I sped down the road- I wanted to make this quick. After about five minutes of driving, I arrived exactly where I wanted- Chad's flat. Ever since the night mine and Aaron's drinks were spiked, I had feared this place, but today, there was to much anger built up inside of me to care. I stormed out of my car and up the stairs to the front door, knocking harshly. Chad answered slowly, breaking out into an evil grin as he saw my presence.
"Come to play?" he winked.
"I think I might've just puked a bit." I said in disguist.
"Why are you here then?"
"I want you to leave me alone. Enough with this secrets shit. I don't understand why you want to torture people like this, is it because Luke has actually gotten somewhere in life and you haven't?" I said sternly.
"Do you think I care about what your boyfriend does?"
"Then stop stalking everything him and I do! Stop talking to me, stop talking to Luke!" My voise became stronger and louder.
"There's nothing you can do to stop me." Chad laughed.
"Oh well I'm sure the police would love to here about you handing out heroin to people." I raised my eyebrows.
"You wouldn't do that." Chad challenged. I unlocked my phone and started dialling in the number, about to press call before Chad stopped me.
"Please don't." he said sensitively. A side of him I've never seen before.
"Why shouldn't I? You almost killed my boyfriend, almost tor apart out relationship in the process."
"My dad will kill me if he finds out." Chad said worriedly. I studied him for a secind before sighing and locking my phone.
"No-one will know then, thats if you leave me and Luke alone, not one single fan discovers our private stuff AND I'm going to the ball with Luke. Ok?" I said. Chad nodded.
"Thankyou," I sighed in relief. My phone buzzed and I answered the incoming call, signalling Chad not to talk. "Hey Luke, yeh I'm at the shops- ok, I'll pick it up for her- alright cya, love you." I said before hanging up. "You told Luke you were at the shops?"
"I didn't want to worry him."
"Fair enough," Chad shrugged.
"Anyways, I'm gonna get running," I said walking towards the car.
"No worries just please don't make any calls." Chad pleaded. I nodded.
"Just please give me and Luke peace." I asked. This time Chad nodded. I started the car and took off towards the shops, quickly running in to buy some essentials and picking up Gina's post on the way out like Luke had asked. I got home quickly and took everything in. My mood had swung from angry to relaxed, knowing that Chad wouldn't be bothering us anymore. "Home!" I called as I walked in. Luke came into the kitchen as I unpacked the shopping and wrapped is arms sleepily around my waist, nuzzling his face into my neck, planting small kisses. "Did you really go to the shops?" Luke asked.
"Yeah, I'm unpacking the shopping, see?"
'Where did you go before there?" he smiled against my skin.
"Nowhere," I smiled aswell.
"Is that why Chad rang me apologising?" Luke chuckled, spinning me around to face him. I giggled and nodded. "Thankyou," Luke said as he cupped my face in his hands and softly kissed my lips. I pulled myself closer to Luke and hugged him tightly. "So." Luke grinned.
"So what?"
"What are you wearing to the ball, princess?"
"I'll have to buy a dress," I smirked.
"Can't wait," Luke said, pushing my hair behind my shoulder. Jai walked in the room and caught sight of us. "I will never get used to the sight of my bestfriend and my brother making out." he shuddered. I laughed. "Aw Jai, since you love anything to do with romance, has anyone asked you to the ball?" I cooed.
"Lili, asked if I wanted to go." he muttered. Luke and I looked at each other in suprise. "OooOOHHhhhHHH" Luke teased.
"Shut up Luke." Jai said opening the fridge to hide his blush.
"You're a little red Jai," I joked. Jai pretended he couldn't hear. He grabbed some food and walked out of the room. "LILI AND JAIIII SITTING IN A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G" Luke shouted after him. I poked Luke and laughed. I got out my phone and text Lili, "Wanna go ball dress shopping on Monday?" she replied positively about a minute after. She was in for a quiz on Monday! "Up for a movie?" Luke asked. "Yup!" I replied. Luke picked me up and carried me to the couch as I squealed and laughed. He put on 'Step Brothers' and joined me on the couch. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and kissed me passionately. "I have a feeling we won't be watching much of the movie," Luke laughed. I smiled as he brought me closer to him and held me safely in his arms.

----------------------------------------------

It was after work on Monday and I had had a pretty stressful day, I was on my way to pick up Lili from Penola- hopefully our ball dress shopping would relax me a bit. I parked in the carpark and saw her walk down the stairs, she hopped into the front and threw her bag into the back of the car.
"Ugh thank god the day is over." she groaned.
"I know right!" I exclaimed. "Anyway! It's over! Guide me to the shops!" I said turning out of the carpark. We got into the city and looked around a bit, trying on dresses and giving each others opinions. We had been to heaps of sops and we were getting exhausted.
"Wanna go home?" I suggested.
"There's one more shop!" Lili said grabbing my arm and leading me into the store. After about 5 minutes we both found a few amazing dresses. I tried on my two dresses but they didn't really do it for me. I waited outside the changerooms for Lili. She walked out in a royal blue dress that was gatered at the top with spaghetti straps and long and slim to the floor. She look amazing!
"Lili! That is gorgeous! You look gorgeous!"
"I love it," she smiled. "You think Jai will like it?"
"He'll love it." I smiled as she walked back in to get changed. They were so cute with their crushes on each other! "Ruby!" she called,
"Yeah?"
"Come here." I went outside the change room and knocked on the door. "Try on this dress! It is amazing but it didn't sit on my hips right. It will look stunning on you." she passed the dress to me through the curtains. It was realllly pretty, I didn't even see it on the rack. I went in the changeroom and pulled it on, zipping the back up. It fit perfectly and was actually quite complimenting. It was a strapless pale pink chiffon dress the was fitted at the top and loosely flowing underneath the silver beading that was at the dront of the waistline. I walked out and showed Lili.
"You look stunning!" she squealed. "Luke is going to die when he see's you!" I laughed and looked in the mirror. It was a definite yes. "You sure it's fine?"
"Hun you're not going to find better, you are buying it." she said sternly. I laughed again and went to get changed. I was so happy that I had found my dress, I was getting really excited now. Lili and I bought the dresses and headed home, we would shop for accessories another day. I dropped her at her mum's and carried on home. .I unlocked the door and walked into the house, juggling my dress, work bag and all the paperwork and designs work had given me to sort. Beau caught sight of me as I walked in and rushed to help. I gave him my work and bag to carry, I wasn't trusting him with my dress. "Isn't the ball ages away?" Beau questioned.
"Yes Beau but if you go late the good dresses will be gone."
"Righio." he said. "You'll just need to stay in shape until the end of the year."
"I will." I said hanging it up in my wardrobe.
"Does that mean you'll come to the gym with me since the twinnies won't?" he pleaded. I thought for a second. "Fine, why not." I smiled.
"YESSSSS." he screamed picking me up and putting me back down. I had never seen anyone so excited for a gym buddy. I laughed and quickly got changed, grabbing my water bottle and phone.
"GUESS WHAT FAGGOTS RUBY'S WORKING OUT WITH ME" I could hear Beau shout. I rolled my eyes and went to join them in the living room. Luke looked up and smiled.
"Don't let Beau hurt himself." he warned.
"Oh go am I going to regret going with you?"
"NO!" Beau squealed. We all laughed. "Alright let's go." He said going towards the door. I quickly went over to Luke and gave him a kiss. "Did you find a dress?" he asked quietly. I nodded and grinned kissing him on the cheek one last time before rushing out the door waving.
"Dress for what?" Beau asked as we got in the car.
"Ball dress." I replied getting up a photo and showing him.
"Ooh la la," he said funnily making me laugh.
"Frankie wanted to know if you were coming to his party this weekend, Luke's already said yes."
"I'm working Saturday but I guess I could leave an hour early if it's all running smoothly." I said.
"YAY! I'm super excited." he said in a girly voice, he was so hyper tonight. We stopped outside Skips house and Beau tooted the horn. "Why are we here?" I asked.
"Picking up Skip, he's coming too."
"You said you would be a loner."
"No I said the twins weren't coming." He smiled cheekily.
"So you're making me work out for nothing?" I said flatly. He laughed and nodded. I playfully pushed him in the arm and laughed with him. Little shit.