191 - Coffee

As it was history class, Ma Xiaoli would sleep whether or not the teacher was teaching. She felt a little jealous when Zhou Lei talked to Lin Hanying of his own volition, but she decided not to interfere as it was too troublesome. It already took her much effort to approach him and offer her pillow last time.

While all of these people reacted in different ways to Lin Hanying and Zhou Lei talking, the two were leisurely talking with each other.

"Oh, Ying, let me tell you, while I was waiting for you yesterday," Zhou Lei recalled last night.

Hearing what Zhou Lei said, Lin Guiying's eyes darkened. 'I don't want to talk about that...'

"I went to a café for the first time!" Zhou Lei spoke with enthusiasm. It was a thrilling experience for him, after all.

'Did he just admit it that easily? That he was lying earlier?' Lin Guiying raised her eyebrows subtly.

"And then I met someone familiar there..." Zhou Lei glanced at Fan Xinyue who used her phone.

Lin Guiying turned her head away for a second. 'I remember that.'

"After that, I went back to the arcade." Zhou Lei continued, oblivious to his friend's emotions.

As soon as she heard that, Lin Guiying's eyes widened. "What, you went back?"

"What do you mean? I told you I waited for all day, right? Well, not all day, I mean, blablabla..."

Lin Guiying only heard the first two sentences before Zhou Lei's voice trailed off her mind as he continued speaking.

'So he went back to the arcade?' She felt guilty for doubting him earlier and thinking he was lying.

"...blablabla-"

"Stop," Lin Guiying interrupted Zhou Lei's babbling, "I actually went to the arcade too."

"Really? Why didn't I see you there?"

"Well, it's because..." While talking, Lin Guiying twirled her hair, which made Zhou Lei think it was a bit cute... and familiar.

'Ying and Lin Guiying really are alike, huh. They both twirl their hairs habitually.'

"I left when I didn't meet you there." She didn't mention the fact that she saw him at StarLars.

"I was probably in the café when you came..." After some thinking, this was the only possibility that appeared in Zhou Lei's mind.

"Anyways, that's not what I wanted to talk to you about. What I wanted to tell you is..." With slight hesitation, Zhou Lei continued, "How do you order coffee?"

"Coffee?" Lin Guiying only had coffee from time to time, so she wasn't an expert on this subject. Nonetheless, she, of course, had more knowledge than her friend, who mentioned the fact that it was his first time entering a café yesterday. "I don't know much about this, but I'll try my best to teach you."

"Really? That's great!" Zhou Lei's enthusiasm shot off the roof, "Because let me tell you, that Vanilla Latte was really good."

"Vanilla Latte? That's for normies," Lin Guiying sneered.

"So does that mean there are better tasting flavors?" Zhou Lei was immediately attracted to the likelihood of better tasting coffees.

Unlike food, the Taste category did not affect his taste for drinks and other liquids. That meant that he could enjoy ice cream if it was melted, but not if it's still solid.

'This System really is weird.'

"Of course there are better tasting flavors!" Lin Guiying gave Zhou Lei a hard slap in the back of his head.

"Ow..." While he caressed his head, Zhou Lei was curious. "How are you gonna teach me?"

"We're going there, obviously." Lin Guiying shook her head. 'This matter is so clear that it's not even funny!'

"So... after school then?"

"After school."