109 - The Great Escape

In the end, Zhou Lei wore his own clothes as he felt that they fit him more than his father's.

Of course, these clothes were very baggy, as they came from when he was obese.

Still, they complemented his look more than his father's pretentious suits.

He could finally exit his house after asking for permission. He knew his father was unlikely to agree, so he treaded with much care so as to not let his father find out that he was going to go out and ask for permission from his mother at the same time.

"Hmm? Lei, where are you going?" Zhou Xiang asked with a suspicious tone on her voice.

"I, um... I'm going to the arcade!"

"Eh, why? Do you even have money to go there?"

"Uh, yes."

Unexpectedly, his mother had agreed peacefully! He was then allowed to leave with the blessing of his mother.

Now, all he needed to do was exit the house without getting spotted by his father.

Zhou Lei poked his head out of a doorway, looking if his father was anywhere there. Scanning the whole room, he could not find any traces of Zhou Jiahao.

"Hmm, is it safe?"

To check, Zhou Lei looked for an item that would make loud noises when it hit the floor. He found a spoon.

Grabbing it, Zhou Lei extended his hand out of the doorway, then threw it out.

Ting! The spoon hit the floor and made a loud sound that would startle anyone unprepared.

Zhou Xiang almost jumped when she heard it!

'If dad is here, he would be concerned and check the source. If he isn't, then good for me!'

His mother turned her head to look at Zhou Lei, who was sticking his head out the doorway. She felt that his current behavior was weird, especially when he threw that spoon on the floor for no reason!

"Lei, what exactly are you doing?"

As soon as he heard his mother's voice, Zhou Lei stood up and left the room without answering.

"..." Zhou Xiang.