170 - Déjà Vu

Zhou Lei laughed awkwardly as the girls surrounded him.

As he avoided their gaze, he saw a familiar face enter the door.

"Lin Hanying! Over here!" Zhou Lei waved his hand over all of the girls.

Lu Xi, Fan Xinyue, Ye Muqi, and the other girls turned their heads and saw the new transfer student. They all observed her as she stood still.

Lin Guiying felt their cold gazes and froze on the spot. '...Lei, why'd you do this to me?'

None of the girls' fazes were particularly malicious, but none of them weren't hostile either.

Although she tried to hide her intentions and succeeded in some portion, Lin Guiying felt the most hostility come from the blonde delinquent.

'This girl... her name was Lu Xi?' Lin Guiying browsed her memories.

The next girl was one that had black hair and a ponytail. She held a long wooden rod on her left hand as she stared at the girl who Zhou Lei had called.

Lin Guiying didn't feel anything come from her. Her gaze was blank to a scary degree. 'This Ye Muqi gives me the shivers...'

Finally, a girl who had long hair and dark skin looked at her with curiosity. Within this supposed curiosity was a devious and cunning gaze.

'...Fan Xinyue is probably already planning on how to get rid of me.'

Lin Guiying massaged her temples as she put her bag down on the floor and sat on her chair, pretending that she couldn't hear Zhou Lei's calls.

Seeing that his friend ignored him, Zhou Lei felt disheartened. 'No, why...?'

The three girls looked at each other before they, too, sat in their respective seats, their gazes still locked onto Lin Hanying, the new transfer.

Soon enough, the classroom filled up with students. Most of them were oblivious to the happenings half an hour before they arrived, so their early friends informed them.

The newcomer guys looked at Zhou Lei with concern. Why would men in gimp suits try to abduct Zhou Lei?

Meanwhile, the newcomer girls looked at the early ones in jealousy... How dare they try to save Zhou Lei — I should have been the one to do that!

In their minds, they now imprinted two tasks: get smarter and get stronger.

Wen Hui entered the classroom, scanning the whole class as she walked in.

Coincidentally, she and Zhou Lei switched gazes at each other. They stared for a while before she turned her head away.

Zhou Lei thought in his mind, 'I still have three weeks left... No pressure, no pressure!'

Everyone in the classroom saw the exchange between their homeroom teacher and their class prince. Their interest ignited as they formed their own conclusions as to what happened.

Lin Guiying, in particular, imagined that her best friend and her homeroom teacher were in a secret relationship...

'Ah! Dirty thoughts, get out of my head!'

With her imagination running wild, Lin Guiying felt her heart ache a tiny bit until she regained her composure.

'Eh? It couldn't be... I felt jealous?' Lin Guiying looked at Zhou Lei with a confused expression.

Coincidentally, she and Zhou Lei switched gazes at each other. They stared for a while before she turned her head away.

Huh? Deja vu...

Everyone saw that the transfer student and Zhou Lei exchanged gazes as well, leaving it up to them to form more conclusions.

The three girls, Ye Muqi, Fan Xinyue, and Lu Xi, visualized an image of Zhou Lei in the bedroom with the transfer student and the homeroom teacher...

They shook their heads and looked at Zhou Lei weirdly as well.

Inside, they hoped that coincidentally, they and Zhou Lei would switch gazes at each other. They would stare for a while before they turn her head away.

Huh? Deja vu... Huh? Double deja vu...

Of course, Zhou Lei felt their gazes, but he ignored them. It was already awkward enough for him to get stared at by his homeroom teacher and his best friend...

When the three saw that none of them exchanged gazes with Zhou Lei, they felt both disappointed and relieved.