110 - Oscar-winning Acting Skills

At the Webnovel building.

The leader was panicking. Everyone on the internet was either pleading them to fix the problem immediately or berating them for not doing so fast enough!

Even the presidents of various superpower countries were pressuring them to fix the problem pronto!

It hasn't even been 30 minutes yet since the servers crashed, okay? What are you all panicking for?!

"Hey! You," he said as he pointed to a random employee, "call maintenance!"

The employee was startled before he hastily reached out his hand to grab the landline telephone, which slipped from his hand a number of times. He picked it up each time and pressed the digits to the maintenance's number with his shivering fingers.

Ring, ring! The telephone rung as the employee waited for the people at maintenance to pick up. It only stopped after a minute.

"H- hello?" The employee quivered as he spoke.

On the other side of the phone, utter chaos was happening. They were all indignant at the crash of their servers, but more importantly, they were angry that they couldn't read "Conqueror of the Realms"!

"Hello, who is this?" The man who picked up the phone calmly spoke amidst all the noise in the background.

"Th- this is Webnovel!" The employee said, "We, uh, have a problem-"

Before he could continue, the man hung up.

Beep, beep, beep...

This was the sound the employee heard on his ear.

As the leader stared at him with great hostility, the employee didn't dare to put the phone down and say that they hung up on him. He could only continue acting as he was on the phone with maintenance. "We have a problem! Yes. Yes. No. Yes. Yes."

Seeing his employee answer yes or no on the telephone annoyed the leader for quite a bit. He wondered in his mind, "What questions is this maintenance asking?! What do I pay them for..."

Suddenly, a group of people barged in the office. They looked like electricians, with tools on their belt, wearing a yellow hat and a blue uniform. All of them had urgent looks on their faces like they were blaming themselves for something.

"Sorry for coming late, boss." The man in front greeted the leader with respect. "We kind of forgot we worked here..."

The leader was startled. His employee was still on the phone with them, answering questions like a robot. Seeing maintenance this fast shocked the leader.

The employee, oblivious to the situation, continued his fake conversation. "So what are you doing tonight? How about I take you out for dinner? Yeah, I've been there, babe. I can get us a reservation if you want!"

His acting was so good, he could win an Oscar for it!

The electricians looked at the employee and then looked at each other. The man in front then asked the leader, "Who is he talking to?", pointing his index finger at the employee.

The leader dumbfoundedly answered, "Uh... you guys."

He walked to the employee, then tapped his shoulder.

The employee felt the tapping and started to conclude his conversation. "Uh, my boss needs me. Get here faster, bye."

He put down the phone, turned around, and smiled amiably to his leader. He spoke with a confident voice, "Rest assured, boss. They are going to be here very soon!"

Hearing his employee's response, the leader didn't know whether to cry or laugh. They are already here, okay?!

However, he managed to keep his calm as he cleared his throat. "Ahem, maintenance has already arrived." He then pointed behind him.

The employee looked at the direction his boss was pointing at and widened his eyes.

He froze for a second, before regaining his composure. "Uh, yes... Didn't expect you guys to come here so fast!"

Standing up, the employee walked towards where the group of men was. He then put his arms around one as he said, "Nice to see you, man!"

"..." The man being hugged.
"..." The leader.
"..." Everyone else.