127 - So Close, Yet So Far

Lin Guiying finished.

She rested her hands on her knees as the machine evaluated her score.

At the side, Zhou Lei, along with other bystanders, had watched in awe as she danced gracefully and tapped the arrows under her with her light feet.

They turned her head towards the screen - she almost got a perfect score!

Their eyes went towards Lin Guiying again, as she too glanced at the score.

"Tsk." She was disappointed. She felt that she did her best this time, but she still couldn't get a perfect score.

The audience saw her disappointment, and felt the same way. They sympathized with her for being so close to perfection, yet so far.

"How pitiful."

Lin Guiying walked off the machine and smiled at Zhou Lei before she spoke, "How is it? Do you get it now?"

Zhou Lei nodded before shaking his head, "Actually, I don't get it at all..."

He smiled self-deprecatingly before Lin Guiying put one of her hands on his shoulder and put her thumb up on the other, "It's fine, everyone is like this when they start!"

Zhou Lei wanted to say, "I really have no interest in Dance Dance Revolution," but seeing the passion of the girl about the game, he decided against it. Instead, he just went along with it and said, "I'll try my best."

Lin Guiying was satisfied with his answer. She glanced at her watch in surprise. "It's already 8 in the evening... My mana- mom is going to be mad. She probably already is."

"Ah, I have to get going too." Zhou Lei said, before the girl in front of him took her phone out.

"Let's exchange contact numbers."