157 - Soulless Vessel

Zhou Lei thanked everyone who clapped for him.

"Thank you, little boy with the blue backwards cap! Thank you, punk that has a purple Mohawk! Thank you, regular office worker!"

Shao Lingxin looked at the young teen in the middle thanking everyone. She stared at him as he made his way around, describing everyone.

Eventually, Zhou Lei laid his eyes on Shao Lingxin. "Oh, it's you! Thank you... the lady who previously tried to help me!"

Shao Lingxin was confused. Hearing the young man's voice, Shao Lingxin tried to recall where she heard it before.

"Oh, you were the one lying on the floor before!" She recalled what happened earlier.

Hearing Shao Lingxin's response, Zhou Lei nodded.

However, someone else had a different reaction.

'Sh- Shao Lingxin?! What is she doing here?' Lin Guiying froze up. Her expression stayed the same, so it didn't show on her face.

Zhou Lei decided to continue thanking everyone, while Shao Lingxin felt nice feelings inside after getting thanked.

Lin Guiying discreetly exited through the crowd. 'Thanks Lei for attracting all the attention away from me...'

She sneaked around the crowd and was going to pass by Shao Lingxin. The latter was watching Zhou Lei still — it shouldn't be a problem to pass her.

As she was right behind her, Shao Lingxin turned around with a warm smile on her face.

Shao Lingxin opened her eyes wide.

Lin Guiying cursed herself in her mind. 'You stupid idiot! When did you become so careless?!'

Shao Lingxin's smile gradually disappeared. However, as the corners of her lips went down, it didn't stop when she had a blank expression.

Instead, it went even further down, forming a frown.

'Lin. Gui. Ying!' Shao Lingxin screamed inside her head. She knew that she couldn't scream out her name in public, else they might attract attention. Well, not might, but definitely will attract attention!

As she saw Lin Guiying slowly turning around, Shao Lingxin went into her running position.

Those years being in the track-and-field club weren't for nothing!

She... started running!

As Lin Guiying was still exhausted from jumping around, her speed was slower than usual.

Before she even had the opportunity to exit the arcade, her hand was grabbed!

Shao Lingxin exuded a terrifying aura, the likes of which no one has ever seen before!

Lin Guiying couldn't help but gulp. She turned around. "H- hey, Manager Shao..." Forcing a smile on her face, she looked like she needed to use the bathroom!

Without letting Lin Guiying finish her sentence, her manager's face inched closer to her own.

Shao Lingxin placed her mouth beside Lin Guiying's ear and whispered words.

Lin Guiying's expression turned worse with each word that came out of her manager's mouth. In the end, her soul exited her body, and Lin Guiying was now a soulless vessel.