171 - Spoons

Lunch time.

As the bell rang, everyone felt a sense of satisfaction inside.

'Ah, this bell... We are like Pavlov's dogs...'

Zhou Lei took out his lunch box.

There were rice and some hotdogs inside. Of course, these hotdogs were the ones that Zhou Lei cooked himself. He couldn't bother his sister again...

Anyway, the taste didn't matter that much since he wouldn't be able to appreciate it.

Opening the lunch box, he scanned the room and saw that multiple girls surrounded him, albeit in a safe distance. Although this was the case, Zhou Lei still felt uncomfortable.

Turning his head, he saw Lin Hanying sitting alone just as she brought out her own lunch  box.

There weren't any people eating with her. Zhou Lei felt the need to sit with her.

And that was exactly what he did.

He pushed his chair back, stood up, and walked towards her desk, bringing his lunch with him.

The girls who were watching him felt confounded by these events. They observed carefully.

Lin Guiying didn't particularly feel anything new. She always spent her lunches alone in her previous schools, so this time was no different.

"Ying!"

Her ear perked up. Hearing her best friend's voice, she raised her head and saw that he stood right beside her, his lunch box in his hands.

"Lei? What are you doing here?"

Zhou Lei took the chair from the desk in front of Lin Hanying's, pulled it to her desk, and sat there. He put down his lunch box on her desk. "To eat with you, of course."

Lin Guiying saw Zhou Lei's expression that screamed "obviously".

She felt warm feelings inside. How could she forget? Friends can eat with other friends, of course!

On the other hand, this was the first time that Zhou Lei was eating with someone as well. He felt embarrassed inside as he forced a composed expression on the outside.

Both of them started eating, while talking about random stuff.

The girls were dumbfounded by this sight, especially the three who interacted with him earlier.

'So those two really had a relationship, eh? Although it doesn't look like they're dating, it's just a friendly atmosphere...' As Fan Xinyue thought this, she gnawed on her nails in an attempt to restrain herself.

'Lin Hanying, how dare you... steal my future husband!' Ye Muqi's eyes started to moisten at the scene in front of her. However, her indifferent expression didn't disappear.

'I know who I'm gonna kill today, hehehe...' Lu Xi had a wide grin on her face.

Zhou Lei bobbed his head left and right, his face filled with joy.

Upon seeing this, Lin Guiying rolled her eyes. She got the reference... It was from Episode 10 of 'What Are You Doing, Saki-kun?![1]'...

The scent of Zhou Lei's lunch box leaked out as he lifted the cover off the container.

With the wind from the window blowing inside the room, the scent spread quickly, entering the noses of various people. All of them felt the need to breathe in as much of that air as possible.

Lin Guiying, who was—aside from Zhou Lei—the nearest, sniffed the fragrance of the perfectly cooked rice and hotdogs...

'No, this isn't perfect... That's underestimating this dish! This is better than perfect!' Her eyes lit up upon breathing in the aroma of her friend's meal.