4 - Bug (1)

"Huh? A... hundred points?"

Zhou Lei was confused. He was only supposed to receive 10 points, right? How did suddenly multiply, by 10 at that!

"System is a prototype, so he is prone to bugs. I hope this won't affect your experience!" System responded, but with a different voice than the usual mechanical monotone one. Instead, the voice was soft but cheerful, like a cute girl's! This was overshadowed by the little crackles and static.

"First system bug discovered: altered rewards. The effects can be either positive or negative." This voice disappeared as soon as it came, however, as System responded with its usual solemn voice.

After Zhou Lei found out that the 100 points reward instead of the 10 points was a bug, furthermore that the bug could alter the rewards in either a positive or a negative way, he felt extremely lucky to have gotten the positive effect, and did a victory dance.

.....

A scientist was monitoring Zhou Lei and his crappy victory dance. He was overjoyed by the fact that Zhou Lei had discovered a bug in the first day that she gave him the system.

He also found the victory dance funny.

"Hahaha! This guy... is such a stupid idiot!"

The scientist then started to make another chip that fixed the one bug that Zhou Lei discovered. This was like a beta test of sorts.

.....

Settling down, Zhou Lei went to the interface instantly and studied it carefully. These were his first upgrade points... it could have a drastic effect on his life.

"Let's see here... Strength, Wisdom, Knowledge... these are the basics. Appearance, Baseball Skill, Cooking Skill, Olfactory... Mom's Libido?!"

As he looked at more and more options, he couldn't help but feel helpless over what to pick. Zhou Lei couldn't make up his mind, since there was just too many to choose from.

Ultimately, Zhou Lei picked his original plan: increase his appearance. His Appearance stat was at 5, which System described as worse than pigs.

"Do I put everything... on Appearance?"

Thinking about it, Zhou Lei decided on not doing it after all.

"Since 50 was already above average, 80 should be enough."

Zhou Lei allocated 75 of his points to Appearance, and System asked for confirmation.

"Are you sure you want to put 75 points on: Sister's Appearance?"

Too excited to think straight, Zhou Lei hastily confirmed his decision to do it.

.....

Zhou Zhenya was on her way home. Walking back home was normal for her, since her parents don't give her or her brother allowance to commute from their home to her school.

They thought of themselves as frugal and label their son and daughter as prodigal, but they don't realize how much they themselves spend on unnecessary things.

Zhou Zhenya dared not bring up this topic, for fear that her parents might just cancel her allowance completely, but her brother, Zhou Lei, couldn't keep his opinions to himself.

As a result, Zhou Lei didn't get allowance for about a month until his parents finally eased up and forgot about the whole situation.

Seeing that her house was only a street away, Zhou Zhenya started speeding up her walking, until she arrived at the front door. She opened the door and walked in.

However, when she closed the door, she suddenly realized that she could not move anymore!

"Huh?"

She then floated and a green beam surrounded her. Surprised, she blacked out.