51 - Retrieving Items from the Inventory, a Mundane Task

"Why do I have a large debt?!" Zhou Lei asked System furiously.

"Host has bought a total of 23 books, $500 each. Total sum is $11500." System replied in the usual calm manner.

"Bought? Me, buying things? It was a f**king bug for crying out loud!" Zhou Lei was really fuming right now.

He just retrieved the one freebie book from his inventory, but suddenly, an avalanche of books fell on him! And now System was asking for payment?

Zhou Lei was on the verge of tears. It clearly wasn't his fault! What's more, he didn't even make use of the books, his sister absorbing them before he himself could!

After a while, Zhou Lei cooled down. He knew that even though this system was really buggy, it has made an impact on his life after only three days! He more or less needed to find a way to repay this "debt" of his.

"Haah, so I need to follow through..." Zhou Lei recalled the two books he absorbed earlier: the Master Author Book and the Artist Virtuoso Book.

With those two books, he could easily create money on the world wide web by becoming an author of either a novel or a comic.

There were also the two other freebies that he availed from the system shop earlier, which would greatly help him.

The only matter hindering Zhou Lei from retrieving the other two items was the fear that the same thing could happen as with the book, and that was unintentionally buying items of the same branch.

"Hmm, should I do it or should I do it?" Zhou Lei was having a hard time deciding whether he should do it or do it.

"Ah, fine, here goes nothing!" Zhou Lei silently prayed that System won't extort him of his money anymore.

He retrieved the glasses first, hoping that System wouldn't bug out.

A light shined directly in front of Zhou Lei's eyes. It seemed that instead of landing in front of him like the books, it was going to appear latched onto his face!

"Pretty nice!" Zhou Lei commented.

A hologram of a pair of glasses was projected in Zhou Lei's face and was adjusting itself to fit Zhou Lei's head. Eventually, it was the right size and materialized into the real pair of glasses.

"Hmm..." Zhou Lei was trying to get used to the glasses. It wasn't too big nor too small, it was just the right size, so it didn't take that long.

"So it doesn't hinder my vision, eh?" Zhou Lei thought that, like most pairs of glasses, it would enhance the vision of those who were of poor eyesight, and dampen those who had okay eyesight.

However, these glasses didn't do anything like that. It seems that, other than giving him endless ideas, as said by the description given by System, it could also be used as an accessory.

"But... where are my endless ideas?" Zhou Lei thought. The surge of ideas he expected to get was not present in his mind. On the contrary, all he could think about was the whereabouts of said ideas.

"Is it a scam?" Zhou Lei was now doubting System. Although, so far, System hasn't given him any fakes, considering that it has only given him about three items, there was a possibility that the glasses wouldn't work.

Of course, Zhou Lei highly doubted that possibility since System was a miracle worker. It changed his whole appearance overnight and improved his voice and cooking skills instantly!

How a measly idea generator wasn't working was none of Zhou Lei's concern, as it should eventually work sooner or later.

The next item, the keyboard, was retrieved from his inventory and materialized the same way as with the books: it landed in front of him.

With his arms stretched out, Zhou Lei found it very easy to catch the keyboard.

"Wow, this thing looks awesome!" Zhou Lei couldn't help but nod his head in approval. The keyboard looked high-end and expensive, with LED lights surrounding each key.

Obviously, as there was no power source to draw electricity from, these LED lights were not lit up. Zhou Lei only noticed them because of the seemingly see-through material that surrounded each key.

"Hmm, I should test it." With great satisfaction, Zhou Lei stood up and went to the computer room.