151 - Curtains

After sharing the story, Zhou Lei felt a weight get released from inside of him.

Meeting his idol gave him a desire to share this experience with his friends. He had bragging rights.

With Lin Hanying being his only friend, Zhou Lei felt good when he mentioned it to her.

They started their hellish training session.

.....

Shao Lingxin was on the verge of giving up on finding Lin Guiying.

She slowly ate her French fries inside McDonnie's and looked out the glass wall.

The arcade was opposite of the restaurant. That was why Shao Lingxin chose to eat here, since it was the easiest to access.

After eating, she stood up and walked back to the arcade.

'Second round, here I come!'

As she entered the arcade, the noise of every machine around her created an active ambiance.

All of the people's laughs and cheers, as well as shouts and jeers, made for a nice and cheerful atmosphere around the arcade.

However, noisy places is what Shao Lingxin hated the most. Her face scrunched up when all of the noise infiltrated her ear and reached her mind.

"This is why... I hate the arcade!"

Her hands were shaking, suppressing the desire to place them over her ears to block the noise from irritating the deepest reaches of her brain.

In spite of that, she thought it to be disrespectful and discomforting to the people that came to this venue to have fun.

That was why she resisted the urge so earnestly. She didn't want to ruin these people's fun time in the arcade. Otherwise, she would be labelled a killjoy.

They didn't come to the arcade to follow her requests after all.

With this in mind, Shao Lingxin made sure to hurry up this time. She didn't like spending a long time in crowded and noisy places.

She looked over at the Karaoke section of the arcade first, since it was most likely she was here. After all, Shao Lingxin caught her the most in this place.

When she got there, the amount of people multiplied.

"Ugh..."

Shao Lingxin felt that the desire to cover her ears turned into a need.

Although each station had soundproofing technology, most of the stations were malfunctioning or damaged from overuse.

As such, voices from the inside leaked out to be heard by the patrons of this area.

Various voices could be heard all over the place, ranging from a decent voice that could be heard anywhere, to a really bad one that could make an person bleed to death through their eardrums.

The occasional talented singer wasn't present today, so the balance between good and bad was annihalated.

Shao Lingxin's frown worsened as she looked through every window in the area. She only made it halfway through before she gave up respecting other people and covered her ears.

She continued searching through the small tinted windows, but most of them were covered with curtains so unless she was lucky and Lin Guiying used the station that didn't have a curtain, she needed to use her ears.

Finally, she reached the last station and, as expected, she couldn't find Lin Guiying anywhere.