166 - Revenge?

"Eh...?" Shi Guan lowered his head, his gaze directed toward the doorknob. "H- he's in a good mood?"

"Yes, I'm sure." Zhou Jiahao smiled at his coworker. This smile then disappeared and turned into a serious expression. "However, that doesn't mean he won't fire you."

Shi Guan, who had his spirits lifted previously, turned grim again.

"Ah... you have made a big blunder this time." Zhou Jiahao opened the door for Shi Guan, startling the latter.

"W- wait, I'm not ready...!"

Zhou Jiahao basically pushed Shi Guan in. The former got impatient by his coworker's attitude.

As Zhou Jiahao entered the office as well, he closed the door behind him.

Outside the office, there was complete silence. The boss had a floor all by himself, so this was one of the reasons. There was also soundproofing from the inside, so noise could not escape the office.

However, should there be a person outside the office standing idly and the soundproofing not work, said person would be hearing things like "The Diamond Agency does not need people like you!" and "You're fired!".

The door opened, and out came a person who looked like they just had their soul sucked out of them.

"I'm sorry..." Zhou Jiahao felt like he should apologize to Shi Guan for sending him to his doom.

"It's okay, I'm fine..." Shi Guan showed him a smile. "...I guess I'm just not fit to work here."

Zhou Jiahao watched Shi Guan's figure slowly growing more distant.

"Now, Zhou Jiahao, come here." Qing Huo beckoned for his secretary to come. He gestured with his hand.

With the atmosphere in the office more desolate than before, Zhou Jiahao preferred to stay outside. However, he had no reason to not follow his commands, and thus walked inside.

"Report." Qing Huo didn't even bother to look at Zhou Jiahao as he examined the files on his computer.

"Boss, Shine Magazine wants to cancel their contract with us..." Zhou Jiahao relayed the information without any emotion in his voice.

"Fine..." Qing Huo massaged his head as he heard the very first report.

"Ah..." Zhou Jiahao didn't expect that Qing Huo would cancel it, just like that!

"I mean, have them pay the fine." Qing Huo felt that his subordinate must've misunderstood.

"Ah, yes. Then the next one, Urban wants to change their model. They don't want to continue with Guo Linxia."

"Huh? Why would they not want him?" Qing Huo already knew the answer to this question, but he still felt indignant inside. "Okay, then you go and replace him."

"Yes. Then the next- Wait!" Zhou Jiahao just comprehended what his boss said. "M- me?"

"Yes, you. Did I make a mistake?" Qing Huo sent a scheming grin as he turned his head to look at the secretary on his side.

"But I don't have any experience! How could I possibly replace him?" Zhou Jiahao was about to say that he had an average appearance, but remembered that he was infected by the sickness in their house.

"Simple. The shooting is still a week later, right? Then you train for this whole week. Xiaoyuan will be back tomorrow anyway," Qing Huo said matter-of-factly.

However, Zhou Jiahao felt that there was some hidden undertones in what he said.

The Diamond Agency certainly didn't suffer from any lack of models, so why did he intend to send him, an experienced office worker, as a rookie model? Not to mention his age, no, no, no!

'Is this the boss's form of revenge?'