154 - Children

"You know, you've almost tricked me into thinking you were my mom that got proud that I turned into a lesser idiot." Zhou Lei complimented her honestly.

"Thank you for your praise, my son." Lin Guiying had a smirk on her face.

Seeing her smug face made Zhou Lei both agitated and irritated. The former because she looked strangely attractive while she did so. The latter because she was still calling her son!

These feelings subsided quickly as Zhou Lei continued to speak. "I'm being honest. You should go audition or something. I believe you'll get the highest prize!"

Lin Guiying blushed a small bit as she heard Zhou Lei's praise. Even with her disguise on, if someone looked into her face, they would fall into a trance.

As they talked more and more, Zhou Lei forgot about training. He wanted to talk to her longer...

Lin Guiying smiled as she hid her face behind her hair subtly. She felt the same sentiments as he did.

Both of them wanted each other to talk.

"Oh, have you heard about the new season of White Flower?" Zhou Lei finally got a chance to see if this girl was an otaku like him, or not.

Either one would be OK with him, since he already considered Lin Guiying as a good friend.

However, upon hearing the words "White Flower" come out of Zhou Lei's mouth, Lin Guiying's eyes sparkled.

As mutual only-friends, both of them had no outlet when it came to interests and the like. Now that she had a friend, combining that with her love for White Flower, she had an overwhelming desire to tell him all about her love for it.

The best day of her life was when she was accepted to voice a new character in the newest season. She memorized the lines day and night, and when it finally came to the recording, her voice acting was so stellar it outshined even the veterans!

She was now anticipating watching the anime in her room by herself, eating chips and basking in the greatness of her own voice.

"Yes, yes, yes!" Lin Guiying, her thinking skills stopping to a halt, gripped Zhou Lei's wrists as she inched closer and closer to his face.

Seeing how passionate Lin Hanying was, Zhou Lei stood up in excitement as well. He jumped with passion, like a child that was destroying the toy castle that he himself built!