177 - Delinquent Family

Lu Xi headed home. Two of her lackeys followed her from a considerable distance.

She scratched her short blonde hair while she chewed on her gum for little longer. The minty taste lingered in her mouth, making it feel colder than it really was.

After this, she put her hands back in her pockets.

The two lackeys behind her talked.

"So... wh- what are we doing right now?" The girl with the big nose stuttered.

"We are following boss home." The girl with excessive makeup peeked her head out the tree they were both using as cover.

Feeling a gaze directed at her, Lu Xi spun around and scanned the area.

"Who's there?"

The makeup girl retracted her head as fast as she could. She only hoped that their boss didn't see her.

After looking around and seeing nothing, Lu Xi squinted her eyes in suspicion before resuming her walk.

Makeup Girl peeked again and saw that their boss didn't see her. She inhaled a deep breath as she proceeded to follow Lu Xi.

"Yue, maybe this isn't such a good idea... What if she gets angry at us?" The big nose girl worried too much.

"I'll take responsibility if she catches us. Besides, there's like, almost zero percent chance of her catching us with me around!" Yue, the makeup girl, had a prideful smile on her face as she spoke.

"OK then..." Without any choice but to conform to her friend, the timid girl just rubbed her nose as she followed behind Makeup Girl.

Lu Xi sighed as she continued walking back. She really didn't want to go back to that sad excuse for a home.

Constant fights between her parents, the smell of alcohol all throughout the house, and the lack of food always made it hard for her to return after school.

The only upside was her two little brothers that made her smile every time she saw them. Those two angels were the sole reason Lu Xi hadn't run away from that hellhole.

As she arrived nearer and nearer, she heard a small innocent voice enter her ears. "Big sis!"

"Ah, it's my cute little Tian!" She ran up to Lu Tian who was buying something from the shop in front of their house. "Are you buying candy again?"

"Um... no? Hehehe..." Lu Tian felt embarrassed. He didn't expect that his sister would catch him buying some candy!

"I already told you to minimize your candy buying!" Lu Xi reprimanded her brother.

At the corner of the street, Yue the Makeup Girl and Big Nose were dumbfounded. They had never seen this side of their boss before!

At school, she was an absolute tyrant, how did that monster transform into a caring big sister?!

"B- boss... is so awesome!" Big Nose's eyes sparkled at the sight.

Yue's reactions were similar as she bit her lip to inhibit her ever-increasing smile.

They pictured themselves as the little brother... Ah, that would be bliss!

The two's legs shivered as they resisted running up to their boss!