173 - Big Tree's Fear

Big Tree opened his eyes slowly, regaining his consciousness.

Remembering what happened, a tear flowed out his eye. 'My future...'

As he just woke up, his first instinct was to stretch his hand out. However, before he could stretch it far, he hit something that hindered his hand from extending further.

"This... it's wood?" Only then did he realize how small the space around him was. "What the hell?"

He groped around the space until he found a handle and pulled it, opening the small cabinet he was stuffed in earlier.

"Ah, it's light!" After staying in that dark place for long, the sight of brightness made his pupils constrict. He hurriedly raised his hand to block the source of light - the bulb on the roof!

"You, over there, at the very back!"

As this voice reached his ears, his eyes adjusted to the brightness and saw countless hands raised up just like his, only to see them all go down.

Zhang Liu's eyes widened as he saw who raised his hand that high...

Big Tree panicked and hurriedly put his hand down. "Ah..."

'Wait, why am I panicking? They're just a bunch of kids! Moreover, they ruined my future!' His brows furrowed as he thought about getting revenge.

Well, this action was completely irrelevant since no one could see his expression through the black rubber suit on his face anyway...

"Student, what is that?!" Zhang Liu, of course, had knowledge of what the supposed student was wearing while hiding behind everyone. "Remove it, right now! Let me see your face!"

Hearing the teacher shouting at him, Big Tree got more indignant.

Meanwhile, the students, specifically the ones that fended off the kidnappers earlier, looked at the man behind them dumbfoundedly.

Their gazes pointed towards the three who told them that they would take care of the unconscious man.

These three were Lu Xi, Ye Muqi, and Fan Xinyue. Feeling everyone's gazes on them, the three felt cold sweat drip on their backs. Then, they recalled their conversation earlier.

"Uh... what will we do with this guy?" Ye Muqi poked the body with the tip of her foot.

"My underlings can dispose of his body. There's a lake not far from here-" A glint flashed on Lu Xi's eye.

"Erm, there's no need to go that far! Anyway, I made the first strike against this guy, I'll take care of it!" Fan Xinyue pointed to herself with her thumb.

Fully remembering the contents, Fan Xinyue felt a shiver go down her spine. Lu Xi and Ye Muqi now targeted her.

Seeing as two of the three looked at Fan Xinyue, everyone else followed their leads and stared at Fan Xinyue as well.

Zhang Liu was unaware of the battle his students were undergoing right now. He was blinded by anger as he walked closer and closer to the man in the gimp suit.

In spite of the fact that Big Tree wasn't scared of the teacher walking up to him, he hesitated to remove the mask off his face, as it would raise the possibility of him getting identified. That would put the entire group at risk. There was also this sense of danger that told his instincts to stay away...

"Oh, acting stubborn, aren't you?" Zhang Liu stared at the lanky student and got more and more irritated.

Seeing as the student was unwilling to share their identity, Zhang Liu decided to deduce his identity himself.