party.

My sister found out the gender a week ago

My sister found out the gender a week ago. She's been getting every together for the Gender Reveal party today at mine and Tom's place. As the time went on I've been thinking and feeling, more and more it's a boy. I look at all the midwives tails about the gender of your baby and most signs are pointing to boy, but still a part of me thinks it's another girl.

Tom, Ev and I aren't aloud to look at the backyard while my sister sets up the party. I'm still not super pregnant. Only 12 weeks. So you can barley tell i'm pregnant. I just look like I ate a lot at lunch.

Tom said he wants to wait awhile till we make it public. Want to get the first part of the pregnancy out of the way so around 20 weeks, we are planing to announce, unless something slips.

Everleigh is getting inpatient. She always has been, but not even being aloud to go play on the backyard is kind of driving her nuts.

"Mom, i'm bored." She complains, plopping next to me on the couch and laying her head in my shoulder.

"I'm sorry sweetheart." I say and kiss her head. "If it were up to me I'd let you play outside but Aunt Delaney is setting up out there so we can't right now."

"But the only thing that says what the gender is, the ballon you and dad are popping. She why can't we go out?"

"I don't have that answer. But we can go bug dad, he's upstairs."

Everleigh smiles at me and goes running up the stairs and into Tom's office. I follow her and watch her go up to Tom and hug him.

"Hi lovey." He says kissing the top of her head. "Did mom tell you to come bug me because you're bored?" He looks back at me in the doorway and smiles.

"Hey. She didn't have too. I only offered." I tell him walking into the room as he pulls pulls our daughter into his lap.

"Yeah, but she's my only daughter, she can get away with it."

"Not your only daughter for long."

"I thought you said you thought it was a boy now?"

"Yeah, mom. Team boy!" Ev says leaning against Tom.

"I am leaning more towards boy, but I do have a small feeling it might be another girl."

Tom smiles and turns back around to face his computer. I roll my eyes pull up the other chair he has in here and sit next to him. The three of us talk while Tom, finishes up a couple emails and after about an hour Delaney comes up to get us.

"Okay, party is ready. People should be showing up soon, so let's get a move on." She says waking into the room.

"No one even is here yet. And i'm pregnant." I tell her.

"You aren't even in your 2nd trimester. So stand up and let's go." She grabs my hands and pulls me up. I hear Tom laugh and him getting up with Ev and they follow us.

"Delaney, this looks great!" I say when I walk out into the backyard.

"It's all for you baby sister." Delaney wraps an arm around me.

"So i'm guessing those confetti canons are for us to pop and it's either pink or blue?" Tom ask, walking up behind us placing a hand on my back and Everleigh in his other arm.

"Exactly. So no touching until it's time."

I roll my eyes and lean into Tom. Everleigh wiggles out if his arms and goes to let off some energy on the swing set we got her last christmas.

"Still have a slight feeling it's a girl?" Tom ask me again.

"Yes, it's small but it's there. The boy feeling over powers it." I tell him. "Now, ask me one more time and i'll divorce you and you won't see this baby or Ev again."

"Well then we'll have a big old court battle, that will be all over the news, and everyone choosing sides."

"Sounds fun. I can't wait to beat your ass."

I lean up to kiss him only to hear Ev shout "Ew." A couple months before we got married Tom and I started the process of him adopting Ev and a couple months after the wedding it's was official. Everleigh knows about Adam and that she's her biological dad and she asks about him sometimes and I tell her the good stuff and she vaguely remembers him, but we thought it's okay and with me changing my last name Ev wanted the same one as me so we stared the process.

Soon people start to arrive. We talk, eat, and play a few games and people saying their guesses how what they think the baby is.

Then came the time where Everyone stood around Tom, Ev, and I, in a circle. Delaney hands everyone the confetti canons. Then Everyone is counting down then I close my eyes and pop the canon when I hear everyone shout "one!" and then hear everyone scream and I open my eyes too see blue confetti everywhere. I smile and hug Tom.

"It's a boy." He whispers. I then feel tiny arms around the two of us. Tom lifts her up with one arm keeping the other around me and the three of us hug.

"See it is a boy mom." Everleigh tells me.

"You and sad where right baby." I say and kiss her cheek. "Now we have one of each."

"Everleigh and baby boy that has yet been named." Tom says kissing me making Everleigh wiggle out do his arms to get away. Making the two of us laugh.

A baby boy.