we.

Tom has been here for a couple days now

Tom has been here for a couple days now. He leaves for London next week and plans to stay here till then. It's been really nice having him here. Everleigh loves it. Some people may think it's bad for Everleigh that I let her get close to Tom. Because we aren't in a relationship.

My parents know there's something happening between us, but we haven't said anything about it really and I don't think we will. I don't think we will talk about it with each other. I want too but, I've been so focused on Everleigh that I haven't thought about my feelings for Tom.

"Honey." I hear my mom say as I walk downstairs after putting Everleigh down for her nap.

"What's up?" I ask.

"What's going on between you and Tom? And before you say nothing, I am your mom I can tell when something is going on."

"Before I came back here, We kissed. Then I got back together with Adam and now it's barely ben home for a month. Isn't it too soon?"

"No, I don't think so. You never fell in love with Adam, You are falling in love with Tom."

"I'm not falling in love with Tom."

"Honey. You look at him that same way I look at your father. It's okay. Take your time. But tell him how you feel before he leaves and possibilities finds someone else."

I walk over to my mom and hug her. "Thank you."

She kisses my head and we hug for a little longer. My dad and Tom then walk in from outside. My dad said he needed help with something, but something tells me he's has the same conversation with him that I had with my mom.

"Tom, can I talk with you?" I ask.

"Yeah. Of course." He says putting his hands in his pockets.

We go out back on the patio. We sit the the lawn chairs that are there and look at each other.

"I'm guessing your parents planed that talk?" Tom says looking over at me.

"probably. What did my dad say?"

"Just, if we do end up as something. To not hurt you and Everleigh. I told him I would never." I don't say after that. Tom moves closer to me and takes one of my hands. "Listen. I know you think it's too soon with Adam passing a month ago, but i have to know something will happen with us."

"I want that. It's just... I have Everleigh and she comes before anything else... I don't want her to get attached to you and we lose you."

"you won't."

"I hope not." Our fingers intertwine.

"What are we? Or want so you want us to be?"

"Something. Together, i guess. I don't know."

"How about we're together, but with no labels till I  come back from London and we'll see from there."

"Okay."

We smile at each other. He pulls me into his lap and I lay my head on his shoulder. I soon hear the door open then Everleigh comes running out. She tries to come up and sit with us. I lift bed up and she cuddles into me and Tom.

We eventually go back in side to eat. My parents try to act like nothing is up but I know there is. I just don't say anything. Neither does Tom.

At the end of the day Tom helps me put Everleigh to bed. We then cuddle on my bed and talk quietly. I play with his fingers until I fall asleep.