sister.

The ride to my sister's house I was nervous

The ride to my sister's house I was nervous. I haven't seen her in 3 years. I do miss her. I talked to my parents and they basically told me to go see her. I told them not to tell her i'm coming. Pulling up to her house I was so nervous and shaky. Tom put his hand on my knee to get my leg to stop bouncing up and down.

"Text or call if you need anything." He says.

"I will." I say and kiss him before leaving the car and walking up to her front door and ringing the doorbell. I stood there for maybe a minute before it opened. My big sister standing in the doorway.

"Delilah?" Delaney says almost is disbelief I was standing in her fright steps.

"Hi Delaney." I say with a slight smile.

"Um, come in." She says stepping out of the way so I can walk in. "If I knew you were coming I would have cleaned up."

"It's okay. I lived with you for 17 years remember."

"Of course. So what's up? How's Everleigh?"

"She's good. Very independent, but also dependent on me for a lot of things still."

"I still can't believe you have a daughter. I'm sorry about Adam by the way."

"It's alright."

"Mom told me about it and about your new boyfriend Tom. Spider-man."

"Yeah." I laugh a little. "What about your boyfriend."

"He's good. He's working right now. Um, he's not just my boyfriend anymore." She holds up her left hand and I see a sparkling diamond ring in her ring finger.

"Oh my god. When did that happen?"

"Literally last night. I was going to fly how and tell y'all in person."

"I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you. But obviously you came here to talk about something. So what's up?"

I takes a deep breath. "I haven't seen you in 3 years. In those 3 years all I go was birthday text for me and Everleigh. Do you hate me or something? Jealous? Because you got amazing grades and where like the perfect child and Mom and Dad didn't give you extra attention and they gave me extra when I got pregnant? Why did you move away? I wanted you to be the fun aunt before you had kids of your own. Pleas tell me why?"

"I didn't move away because of you Lilah. It wasn't because of Everleigh either. I don't hate you. That's the last thing i'd ever do is hate you. I was little jealous because you did get pregnant at 16 and mom and dad gave you more attention about that than me being valedictorian. But trust me moving to California was for me. Me and John wanted a life out of New Hampshire. Wanted to start somewhere new. He got a job here and I followed him and found a job myself. Delilah, nothing ever was because of you. You're my baby sister. I'll always love you, even though you did annoy the shit out of me as kids." We laugh at her comment. "I'm sorry made you feel that way. I did not want you too."

"That's so good to hear. Delaney, I love you too." I reaches over and hug my sister tight. "I missed you so much."

"Me too sissy, me too."

We hug for a little longer then pull away.

"Want to come to the beach and meet my boyfriend and his friends?" I ask smiling and shrugging her shoulders.

"Sure. Let me go get ready."

She gets ready and we get into her car and drive to the beach. I text Tom to see where he is then I find them. Tom smiles at me and walks over to hug me.

"So, I see everything is good?" He whispers in my ear also kissing my cheek.

"Yeah, everything is good." I say pulling way and turning to face my sister. "Tom meet Delaney my sister, Delaney meet Tom my boyfriend."

They exchange greetings and I introduce my sister to the rest of the group. The rest of the day was pretty chilled out at the beach. Going the the freezing ocean water. Then sitting in our towels watching the sunset. It was a good day.
___________________________________
btw schools over for me so it's summer and i'll probably posting more. hopefully I will.