maybe.

It's been about a week since my talk with Tom

It's been about a week since my talk with Tom. We are still at his house in Georgia. He has asked what I plan on doing or about our conversation if i've thought about it.

Tom is such an amazing person it's crazy. I've known him for almost a month and he's done so much for me and Everleigh. He makes me feel like I did in the beginning of mine and Adam's relationship. Maybe i'm developing feelings for him. I don't want too but I think i am.

Everleigh loves Tom. He's the one person besides family she's liked and got close too. Seeing Everleigh and Tom together makes my feelings for Tom develop more.

Before I start anything with Tom I need to talk to Adam. I need too. For my daughter and for myself.

Everleigh and Tom are out in the living room playing as I call my mom.

"Sweetheart! It's so good to hear your voice!" my mom says.

"Hi mom. It's good to hear yours too." I says.

"Why did you call? Is something wrong? Is Ev okay?"

"Yeah everything is fine. Is Adam still in town?"

"Yes he is, why?"

"I need to talk to him. Me and Everleigh will be up there in a couple days."

"Honey, are you sure about this?"

"Yeah, I need to to this for myself and for Everleigh."

"Okay baby, i trust you."

"Thanks mom. I'll see you soon."

"Bye baby, I love you."

"I love you too."

We hang up and I take a breath and go into the living room where Tom and Everleigh are. Tom hears me walking in and smiles at me. I smile back.

"Hey, what are you guys playing?" I ask as i sit on the floor with them.

"Barbies! Tom isn't very good at playing them though." Everleigh tells me.

"Well maybe you should tech him. I think he would like that. Right Tom?"

"I would love that. Ev can you tech me how to play?" Tom ask.

"uh huh!" Everleigh answers and starts to 'tech' Tom how to play barbies.

I smile and sit on the couch and watch them. My heart feels like it's getting bigger. It's so weird seeing my daughter with another man that isn't her dad or my dad. After Everleigh is done 'teaching' Tom she lets me join them. It's kinda like we're a little family. I've never think like this but I am and I don't know if I should be I have no idea what's going to happen once I talk to Adam.

Once it's time to put Everleigh down for her nap I can tell Tom about leaving to go back to New Hampshire.

"Hey Tom? I need to tell you something." I say as we walk back into the living room.

"Yeah, what's up?" he says as we sit on the couch.

"Me and Ev are going back to New Hampshire. I'm going to talk to Adam. I called my mom, she's okay with it. I just wanted to let you know."

"Okay. I'm glad you made this decision. Just call me. Keep in contact. If anything happens good or bad, call."

"I will. Everleigh wouldn't let me not call you."

Tom reaches over and hugs me. His hugs feel safe. I don't want to leave, but soon I will have too. I keep my arms wrapped around him for a few minutes. We end up pulling away.

"I'm really going to miss you two." Tom days.

"and we're gonna miss you." I hear little feet hitting the ground and i turn around and see Everleigh running up to us. "hi baby, why aren't you sleeping?" I say and pick her up. she wraps her arms around my neck.

"i had bad dream." she says and puts her face in my neck.

"Oh no. Can you tell me what it was about?"

"daddy."

"what about daddy?"

"he was being mean again. but more meaner."

"Baby, daddy isn't mean. At least not on purpose. He does love you."

"does he love you?"

"i'm sure he does. he just doesn't know how to show us he loves us."

"Are we gonna see daddy?"

"soon baby. Very soon. Do you want me to tuck you back in bed?" Everleigh nods her head so i carry her to the room and lay her down and tuck the blankets all around her. I kiss her forehead. "I love you Ev."

"i love you mommy."

i turn off the light and look at her for a little longer. I hope i'm doing the right thing for her. I hope i'm not making a mistake.

I walk out of the room and see Tom standing in the living room.

"Is she asleep?" he ask.

"should be in a few minutes." I say

"good."

He seems to be acting a little weird. rubbing his hands together kinda like he's nervous.

"are you okay?" i ask. "you seem nervous about something."

"Um, can i do one thing?"

"what?"

"just, don't worry."

Tom grabs my waist and pulls me in and presses his lips to mine. I rest my hands on his shoulders. I don't know how to react. I've only kissed one guy before Tom. But his kiss is different. A good different. Adam's felt forced and that we had to kiss because we were on a relationship and had a kid. Tom's lips melt into mine. It feels right. But also wrong.

I pull away and let my hands slid now his arms.

"Tom... I have to work things out with Adam before i start thinking of starting something with you." i say in a whisper.

"Okay. I just needed you to know how i feel and if you feel the same way." he says.

"Okay."

I walk into mine and Everleigh's room. She's fully asleep. I lay down next to her and pull her into my arms. I never expected to be with anyone else other than Adam especially with a kid. But now i can see myself with someone else. I don't know if that's a good thing. But I think it is.