realizing.

Waiting for Adam's mom to come and tell us something took awhile

Waiting for Adam's mom to come and tell us something took awhile. I ended up falling asleep on my mom's shoulder waiting. I a dream. More like a flashback to a bad night with Adam. It woke me up in a jolt. I look over to see my mom asleep as well.

It's almost 5 in the morning. I lean back in my chair and pull out my phone. I look a my lock screen. It's a picture of Everleigh and Adam playing. They both have smiles on their faces. It makes me smile. I hope they both get moments like that again.

I look through my camera roll and find a couple pictures of Tom with Everleigh. I get that funny feeling in my stomach. I miss Tom. He always found away to make me and Everleigh smile.

My mom wakes up a couple minutes after me.

"What are you smiling at?" She ask.

"pictures." I answer

"Of Adam? or..."

"Tom and Everleigh."

"Liliah..."

"I know mom. I know."

My mom wraps her arms around me. Then Adam's mom comes to us. We both stand up and met her.

"So?" I ask.

"It's a waiting game." She tells us. "They did everything they could. It's up to him now. You can come in and talk with him."

I look at my mom. She nods. I walk with Adam's mom to his room. He looks so... sad. Tubes and wires connected all over him.

"I'll let you talk to him alone." She says and waits outside the room.

I take a seat in the chair next to his bed. I take his hand and intertwine our fingers. I take a moment before i start.

"I have no clue what to say or if you can hear me. Just... theses past couple weeks have been really amazing. You are so good with Everleigh. She really does love you. It's just hard for her because... she knows that you weren't the greatest dad and boyfriend in the past but she has learned that you aren't a terrible person. For me... I don't know... I know what I should say and it's that I love you and you are the one for me but I can't." tears start to fall down my face. "I'm not in love with you. I wish i could be... it would make things so much easier. But I'm not... But there has to be a girl out there for you. Someone who will also love Everleigh unconditionally. Will be like a second mom to her. It won't make me jealous... Okay maybe it would. I don't know. But I want you to me in Everleigh's life. Even if i end up with someone else. But it's your choice for if you go. And it's okay too. It's okay. I'll be okay. Everleigh will. Your parents. I promise we'll all be okay if you choice too go... God, i sound crazy. I don't know if you can even hear me. But You were my first everything... Nothing there is denying it... I love you and always will, just not like how I used too. Everleigh loves you. So does your mom. Do what's best for you."

I stand up and kiss his cheek. I let go of his hand. I walk out of the room. I see his mom and smile. I give her a hug.

"Thank you for making him happy. Even if he had trouble showing it. He does love you. Thank you Delilah."

"Of course. Call me if anything changes."

"I will."

she smiles at me and I walk back to my mom. I go into her arms and let a couple tears fall. She kisses my head and we walk out to the car. The sun is starting to rise. It looks really nice. I'm glad I got everything off my chest. Even though there is a possibility be couldn't hear me I said it. He's always going to be an important person in my life. I hope he knows that.