okay.

"Delilah

"Delilah. I can't let you leave if I don't know what happened." Tom tells me after I'm done crying.

I wipe my eyes and look up and Tom. "When I was 14 I meet Everleigh's dad. We were really good friends. That summer he kissed me. My first kiss and we started dating. Everything was really good at first, then on my 16th birthday is lost my virginity to him. Then... then he stared forcing me to go to parties with him. Get drunk. And have sex. I got pregnant with Everleigh and things where going good again. I was happy. Everleigh came and things where good for a couple months. Then he graduated and wanted me to go with him but I didn't but I did graduate 6 months early so I could move down there with him. Then things started to get really bad. He would come home and force me to have sex even when I didn't want to. It didn't feel the same." I feel Tom wipe tears off my face that I didn't know where falling. "Then he'd come home drunk and get really mad and... and he'd... he would, hit me. Then he hit Everleigh once because I was stupid and he was being okay and, and that was the last straw so I left and now I'm here, and he's been texting me and they are starting me and I'm scared he'll find us and hurt Everleigh and me and I'm fucking terrified."

I let all my tears come out. Tom pulls me into his arms once more. He just holds me till I stop crying.

"Delilah If you are this scared then you should leave. Take Everleigh and go. Why don't you go home to your parents?" Tom says.

"I haven't spoken to them in awhile. I'm afraid they will not want me."

"They're your parents. They'll always be there and want you."

I look over at my daughter sleeping. If anything happened to that little girl I'd never forgive myself. "Okay. I'll go home."

"Good."

"Thank you Tom. I've just met you and you are the sweetest person."

"It okay. And I'm not doing this out of pity because you are a young single mom. I don't know why but you intrigued me. I'll let you pack. See me before you leave please."

"Of course."

Tom walks out the door and I go over and sit next to Everleigh. "I love you baby girl. More than anything." I kiss her head.

I start putting things back in our bags. I check to see how much money I have left. It's not a lot. I don't know if I should text my parents to let them know I'm coming and maybe they will help me pay for gas or just see how far I can get before I'm at empty then fill up. I hear my phone going off and I pick it up and look at it. So many text from people that I was friends with before I had Everleigh then Adam and a couple from my parents.

Adam:
I know where you are
Hanging out with that Tom kid
to get money I see
Delilah you're better off just
coming home where I have money
to take care of you two
Delilah I know where you are staying
come home

Mom:
Delilah, Adam told us you left with
Everleigh where are you honey?
Delilah where are you me and your
dad are worried
Who's this Tom person that you have
been pictured with
Come home to us please

My mom wants me to go home. My parents do want me. I don't know if I should text back. I don't want her telling Adam where I'm going.

I have everything packed and Everleigh has woken up and we are getting ready to leave. Tom stops by again.

"So I guess I'll see you sometime hopefully?" Tom says.

"Maybe. I don't know what's gonna happen. But I do hope so." I tell him.

"You're a great person Delilah and an even better mom."

"I try." Everleigh sands next to me and hugs me leg. I pick her up and hold her on my hip. "Say bye to Tom baby."

"Bye Tommy." Everleigh says.

"Bye Everleigh."

"Mommy why can't Tommy come with us?"

"Because he's busy honey."

"I mean I could if you want. I'm not filming anything for awhile not till the summer."

"I... I would like the help with Ev. But I can't have you come I've known you for a day."

"Okay. Tell me the address and maybe I'll stop by."

"Okay."

I hug him. He then helps us put everything in the car. We say goodbye and I start my journey home. My real home. Where everything will hopefully be okay.