trying.

Getting woken up by a toddler jumping on you isn't fun at all

"Mommy, Mommy, mommy." Everleigh says as she jumps on me.

I catch her and pull her into me. She starts laughing and sits on my stomach. I look up at my daughter. She doesn't even know that her mom has not a lot of money left. She doesn't know that her dad hurt her and doesn't know that she probably won't see her dad for a long time.

"Mommy I hungry." My daughter tells me.

"Okay honey. Hold on."

I pick up my phone that is on the bedside table.   I see a text from my mom. I don't look at it. I just pick up Everleigh and get her dressed.

"Mommy? Can I meet your mommy?" Everleigh asks as I get her dressed.

"You have. When you were a baby." I answer her.

"I no remember. I want see her now."

"You will baby. Soon. I promise."

I press a kiss to her forehead, pick her up and bring her down to get food from the buffet. I get us food and sit down to eat.

I see Tom walk by and he smiles. I smile back.

"Mommy, who you smile at?" Everleigh ask me.

"No one, just being nice." I answer her.

We eat our breakfast then I take mine and Everleigh's plates and put the away and let her play with the claw machine they have. When I get back to her I see Tom talking to her.

"My mommy said stranger danger." I hear Everleigh say as I walk up to her. I pick her up and place her on my hip.

"Hi Tom. Ev this is Tom he's a nice man. Tom this is Everleigh." I say.

"Hi Everleigh." Tom says and smiles.

She puts her face in my neck. "Sorry she's not really used to people. She's only been around me and her dad."

"It's alright. She's really cute."

"Thank you." I stroke her hair.

"How long are you staying here."

"We're leaving today. I don't have enough money to stay here long."

"Where are you going anyways?"

"It's a long story."

"If you need help with money I can help. I know I just met you two but I would like to help if you need it."

"That's really nice but. I need to learn how to take care of me and my daughter on my own."

Tom nods his head. "If you don't mind me asking, where's Everleigh's dad?"

"Like I said, it's a long story. I gotta go get our stuff so we can leave."