growing.

One year after getting married, Tom and I decided we wanted to start trying for a baby and 3 months later we found out we're pregnant

We haven't told anyone. Not even Everleigh, who has been asking for a sibling for awhile now. Like since we got back from our honeymoon she's been asking for a little brother or sister.

Finally after Tom and I go to the first doctor's appointment to make sure everything is okay and looks good. We decide to tell Everleigh when we get home. My sister as well because she is watching Ev.

The car ride back home I look at the sonogram picture the whole time.

"What do you think it is?" I ask Tom. "The gender?"

"Well, considering I come from a family of boys, I think it's a boy." Tom says taking my hand.

"Really? I mean I had a girl before and they say if you have a girl the first time around you are more likely to have a girl for your 2nd."

"No, I think it's a boy."

"We'll see who's right in a couple weeks."

Tom smiles over at me and continues to drive back home. I'm so happy. With Everleigh I was terrified and so many nerves going on and didn't know how I was going to do it. Now i'm excited. I'm excited to have a baby with Tom and finally see Everleigh as a big sister. Something she's been asking to be for the past couple years now.

We pull into our driveway and I slip the picture into my purse and we walk in.

"Mom! Dad!" Everleigh shouts and runs over to us. She jumps into Tom's arms you picks her up and spins her around.

"Hi, Ev! Did you have fun with Aunt Delaney?" Tom ask.

"Yep! Will you tell me where you and mom went?"

"Yes. But We need to talk to Delaney real quick." I tell her rubbing a hand on her back. "Now give me a hug. Mom needs some love too." Everleigh goes into my arms and I kiss her head and put her down and let her play while Tom and I talk to Delaney in private.

"So what's up?" Delaney ask once we move out of hearing distance for Everleigh.

"Well..." I say and look over at Tom who smiles. I take the picture out of my purse and hand it to my sister.

"Oh my god! That's where you guys went?"

"Yeah. I'm 8 weeks."

"Holy shit!" Delaney wraps her arms around me and hugs me. "This is amazing! Oh my god Ev is going to be a big sister!" She pulls away from me and hugs Tom.

"Yeah. We're excited." Tom says hugging my sister back.

"Wow. When are you telling Ev?"

"Today. Later." I say.

"Holy shit. Can I tell John?"

"Yeah. Just hold off on telling mom and dad. We have a plan to tell them." I lean against Tom who holds me against his chest.

"Of course. Well I get out of your hair. And can I plan your baby shower? You did mine."

"Yes. We'll find out in about 3 weeks."

"Okay. I'm so excited for you two."

She hugs us once more. Says goodbye to Ev and leaves herself.

The rest of the day is spent Tom and I hanging out with Ev and thinking of ways to tell her. She is getting a little suspicious.

"Mom?" She ask while I make her lunch.

"Yeah, honey?" I say turning towards her.

"What were you and dad talking with Aunt Delaney about?"

"Dad and I will tell you about it tonight after dinner. I promise."

"Okay. Is lunch ready?"

"Yup."

I hand Ev the plate with a sandwich and fruits on it and each my own with her.

The rest of the day is spent Tom and I trying to not slip up and tell Ev on accident. Then comes the time after dinner and bath time, before bed time where Ev wanted ice cream.

"Mom, Dad, can I have ice cream?" She ask walking over to us and sitting on Tom's lap.

"Of course. Go with dad and after we have to tell you something, really exciting." I tell her. She smiles and hops off Tom's lap and grabs his hand and pulls home to the kitchen. He smiles back at me and gets the ice cream out for our daughter.

I get the ultrasound picture and set it on the coffee table underneath a book. Tom and Ev come back with Everleigh having a bowl of ice cream in her hand. She sits on the couch between us.

"So Everleigh, Dad and I went to the doctors today." I say. She looks over at me concerned.

"Is everything okay?" She ask placing her brown on the table in front of her.

"Everthing is okay with Mom, Just, over the next couple months, Mom's belly will be getting bigger." Tom says.

"Why is mom's belly getting bigger. Is she going to be eating a lot?"

"Well, yes. Because I have a baby in my belly." I tell her. Her eyes light up and she hugs me.

"You're having a baby?"

"Yes. You're going to be a big sister!"

"I'm going to be a big sister!"

Tom comes and joins the hug. Ev wraps one arm around his neck. I'm so excited for Ev to be a big sister. After the hug she stays in my lap asking a while bunch of questions.

"I think is a boy." She says after we tell her when will find out the gender.

"Looks like is two against one." Tom says smirking.

"Shush you." I tell him. He smiles at me. Kisses my head and Everleigh as well who cuddles into me.

Our family is finally growing.