home.

It's dark by the time I get to my parents place

It's dark by the time I get to my parents place. Everleigh is asleep. I pull up in their driveway. I pick up Everleigh and walk up to the front door. Before I even get there it opens. To me seeing my parents.

"Delilah." My mom says.

"Hi mom." I say.

She brings me into her arms. She cradles my head like I'm still 6 and I had a bad day.

"Oh my god I missed you so much." She tells me.

"I missed you too."

She pulls away and looks at my face. Then down to my sleeping daughter in my arms.

"Oh my god. Everleigh. She's gotten so big."

"Yeah."

I look over at my dad who is still standing in the doorway. I hand Everleigh to my mom and hug my dad. He holds me tighter than he ever has. "My baby girl." He says.

We eventually go inside and I put Everleigh in my old room and let her sleep there. I go back to my parents who are sitting on the couch.

"Delilah, Adam called us and said you just left. Why did you leave. We called him just now and he's on his way up." My mom says.

"Mom. He can't see me. Or Everleigh. He can't." I say.

"Why. Sweetie what is going on? What happened between you too. I thought you guys where happy together?"

"We were. Then he just changed and I could t stay with him or have Everleigh around him. I can't mom. I'm sorry but I'm leaving in the morning."

"Honey please tell us what happened?" My dad says.

"I can't. I really just can't. You wouldn't understand."

"Honey..."

"No mom you wouldn't understand. My relationship with Adam was and is far from perfect. So far. So much stuff happened after we left and, I... I just... I can't talk about."

Tears start to fall down my face and both my parents come and hug me. I break down in their arms, and and feels so good too. Just having my parents hold me again. See them. It feels good to be in their presence.

"Baby girl. Please tell us what's happening. We hate seeing you in so much pain." My mom says to me.

"I can't. I don't know why. I just can't. I'm sorry." I say.

"Don't be sorry honey. Don't be sorry."

I eventually stop crying and go up in bed with Everleigh. When I got in bed she curled up right next to me. I stroke her dirty blonde hair and kiss her head before I fall asleep.