safe.

Having a 3 year on a long road trip and is not fun

Having a 3 year on a long road trip and is not fun. Especially when potty training. We stop every hour or 2.

"Mommy I have to go potty." I hear Everleigh say from the back.

"Okay baby. Can you hold it for a little longer?" I ask her.

"Yeah I think so."

"Okay baby we will stop in a few minutes."

Thankfully there was a rest stop that came up. I got Everleigh out of the car and take her to the bathroom. After she's done I help her wash her hands.

"Mommy can I get a snack? I'm hungry." She ask me as we walk passed the vending machine.

"I have some snacks in the car baby."

I lift her up and hold her on my hip. She lays her head on my shoulder and we walk back to the car. I put her back into her car seat and hand her a small bag of gold fish.

She falls asleep in the car. I look back and smile. One of the very few good things that came out of my relationship with Adam was my daughter. All the hitting and forced sex, having Everleigh gave me happiness and hope.

My phone is going off like crazy. I look at my gas tank and realize I have to get some soon. I pull into the next one I found. I look at my phone and all the text are from Adam.

Adam:
Delilah this isn't funny come
home
Come on babe
Sooner or later you are going to
need money
You can't keep Everleigh from me
forever
I'm going to find you and Everleigh
I'm surprised you haven't contacted
your parents
Delilah come home now!

I lock my phone and fill up my gas tank and pay for the gas and head back on the road. Everleigh wakes up and wines about being hungry.

"Mommy." She holds out the 'y' "I'm really hungry."

"I know baby. I'll stop as soon as I can."

"I want food now."

"Everleigh, you are going to have to wait a little bit."

She starts crying. I sigh and pull into the next rest stop thankfully wasn't far at all. I pull in and go into the back with Everleigh.

"Everleigh. You can't cry because you don't get something you want. I am trying my best right now. Okay? You need to be a big girl okay? Can't you do that?" I say to her.

She nods her head. "I'm sorry mommy."

"It's okay sweetie."

I kiss her forehead and get back on the road. Thankfully there's a McDonald's a couple miles after the rest stop. I park my car and take Everleigh out if her car seat and grab her hand and we walk into McDonald's.

"Mommy, can I get a toy please?" Everleigh's small voice ask.

"Sure baby." I say.

I pick her up and hold her on my hip as we order. I get her a happy meal with chicken nuggets and I get my self a 10 piece chicken nuggets. We eat there then we get back on the road.

Everleigh falls asleep again. I'm assuming for the night. It's 8 and the sun has set. I go and find a hotel to stay at. I pick her up and carry her and our stuff in. Thankfully we had one of the bags is a backpack.

I walk in and ask for the cheapest room. As I'm walking to the elevator someone comes up behind me.

"Hey let me help you with you're stuff." It was a male voice.

I turn around and see that the man as brown hair and a really pretty face that looks familiar.

"Um. Thank you."

He takes my bag and I get a better grip on Everleigh.

"Oh by the way I'm Tom." Tom says to me when we get into the elevator.

"Delilah." I tell him.

"Why did you come here. It's not the best hotel. Especially with your little girl."

"It's a long story. Not one I'm willing to tell to someone I just met. What about you?"

"Can't be seen right now."

"Why?"

"You don't know who i am?"

"You look familiar."

"Im an actor. I play Spider-Man."

"That makes sense now. But why are you hiding."

"Fans and people keep finding we're im staying and my manager wants me to lay low for whatever reason."

I nod my head. We reach my floor and we get off. He says bye to me when we get to my room. I lay Everleigh in the bed and take of her shoes and put her in pajamas. I tuck her in the covers and put a couple pillows around her. I change into my pajamas and get into bed next to her.

"We're safe now baby girl. We're safe."