journey.

Tom gave me his phone number in case I needed anything

Tom gave me his phone number in case I needed anything. Everleigh is asleep most of the time in the car till she wakes up because she needs to use the potty.

"Mommy, I need to go potty."

"Okay sweetie, well stop in a minute."

I pull into the next rest stop and take her to the bathroom. I use it as well. I help Everleigh wash her hands then we go back into the car. Tom calls as soon as I get Ev into her car seat.

"Hey how's everything going?" Tom ask.

"Good. We just stopped used the bathroom. Hopefully Ev will sleep the rest of the way because it's starting to get late. I booked a motel for the night so I don't have to drive through the night. Everything thing good."

"Awesome. Text or call me when you get to the motel."

"Will do. Bye Tom."

"Bye."

We hang up and I start driving. The motel isn't that far, and it's the cheapest place to stay tonight. I don't want to spend all night on the road incase I get really tired.

Everleigh falls asleep after 30 minuets into the drive. I get there 30 minuets later. I pick up Everleigh and walk in. I walk to the front desk and after talking with the lady for a little bit she hands me my room key and I go to it.

It's not the nicest place but it'll do for now. I lay Everleigh down on the bed which thankfully is clean and not dusty or anything. I put her into more comfier clothes. I lay down next to her after changing myself and fall asleep.

I wake up feeling someone staring at me. I open my eyes to see Everleigh looking at me.

"Morning mommy!" She says to me.

"Good morning baby girl." I say to her. I kiss her head and sit up. I rub my eyes and look over at my daughter. "Let's get ready and get going, okay? We can stop at somewhere to get some breakfast okay?"

"Okay mommy."

We get up and start getting ready. I dress Everleigh and put her hair up in a ponytail. I get myself dress then brushed mine and Ev's teeth. I grab our bags and take Everleigh's hand and we walk to the front desk.

Right before I turn the corner I see the one person I didn't want to see. Adam. I quickly pick up Everleigh and go back to our room. I lock the door and rub my hands over my face. Everleigh looks up at me confused.

"Mommy? What's wrong?" She asked me.

"Don't worry baby. Okay? Mommy is going to take care of it." I tell her.

I take out my phone and call someone. Tom. He picks up the phone after a couple rings.

"Hey Delilah! What's up?" He says with a happy tone.