S2 E7 - Lies Can Kill

I'm so sorry! I didn't realise I hadn't published this chapter. I was in the middle of writing my latest and wanted to look back on what had happened and realised this was unpublished! :/
So here it is now!

Also, do y'all remember in the finale Stephen went to a beach to stop a Silurian Scorpion? Well, here's a picture of me under the pier they filmed at :D
(Can't wait for the day I can go back to the beach - this was taken last summer)

 I was in the middle of writing my latest and wanted to look back on what had happened and realised this was unpublished! :/ So here it is now! Also, do y'all remember in the finale Stephen went to a beach to stop a Silurian Scorpion? Well, here's...

And here's a still from the scene:

You may now continue...

There are voices around me.

"Where have they taken Jenny?"

Everything is blurry and there's a low buzzing in my ears.

"She's quite safe. So are the others."

I groan, moving my body to push myself off the floor.

"Beth!" An off-focus figure appears in front of me. "Did you have to hit her that hard?" There's silence and for a minute it feels as though I'm fading again but then something hits my cheek. I blink a few times - or at least I think I'm blinking - and then the world starts to focus.

"Dad?"

He helps me to my feet and pulls me in close, kissing the top of my head. I grip him tight as the world focuses.

He puts an arm around me as he turns to Helen. "So what's all this about?"

She eyes me for a moment before looking at Dad. "A fresh start, Nick. A new and better future." I let go of Dad and step back as Helen moves towards us. "The world changed in a new direction once before. Your friend Jenny proves that if we can control the anomalies, we can make it happen again." She tilts her head. "Doesn't that excite you?"

"No. I don't want to change the world, Helen. I happen to think it's rather beautiful just the way it is."

She sighs, moving to look at me. "What about you, Elizabeth?"

"You're mad," is all I say.

"Do you know what happens when we interfere," Dad continues. "The damage we can cause."